Drogba - back to his very very best.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 01, 2008 3:16 pm

FD wrote:Drogba's first goal last night (didn't see the second) was a proper stunner. Won't get talked about because it wasn't the kind of Gerrard or Scholes stunner we all talk about but the angle and sheer venom with which he hit it was outstanding.
His second was the same. A brilliant run and cut back from Anelka, with no time to think about it, was met with total lightning reaction and it was in the back of the net before anyone moved.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Thu May 01, 2008 4:15 pm

It's actually a real shame he'll be remembered as a cheat and not a brilliant footballer. He does the Davies job only scores loads with it.

If Gerrard had scored his first last night the press'd be wanking themselves over it. It really was an incredible strike, when you see the angle from behind the goal it shows just how good it was that he even hit the target let alone scored.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 01, 2008 6:54 pm

FD wrote:It's actually a real shame he'll be remembered as a cheat and not a brilliant footballer. He does the Davies job only scores loads with it.

If Gerrard had scored his first last night the press'd be wanking themselves over it. It really was an incredible strike, when you see the angle from behind the goal it shows just how good it was that he even hit the target let alone scored.
Drogba = Best all round striker in the world.

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Fri May 02, 2008 4:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
FD wrote:It's actually a real shame he'll be remembered as a cheat and not a brilliant footballer. He does the Davies job only scores loads with it.

When he's 'on it' i think he is genuinely unplayable, awesome pace and power.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri May 02, 2008 4:56 pm

WhiteArmy wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Which begs the question: Why does he feel it necessary to act like a complete twxt?

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Fri May 02, 2008 5:50 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
WhiteArmy wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Which begs the question: Why does he feel it necessary to act like a complete twxt?
Now that one i can't answer SOTWA. For all the genius the foreign player brings to the game, there always has to be the unsavoury side i feel.

Glass houses though. Our eeeeevan is guilty of such misdemeanours, although not play acted to the death i grant you.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 02, 2008 6:16 pm

Stelios dives. Campo dives. Diouf dives. Watch me windows.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri May 02, 2008 6:24 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Stelios dives. Campo dives. Diouf dives. Watch me windows.
I can't remember any of the above spending about three minutes bitching with another of their team mates about who takes a free kick, to the extent that the team captain has to cover his face with his shirt in embarresment.

Then have a dramatic sulky boohoo with their coach on the sideline. Even after they had got their own way.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 02, 2008 6:32 pm

I can recall one of them stomping off upon being substituted, and I could dig up a dozen quotes from another of them - the one who's spat at fans on occasion - saying how he's going to leave the club soon. Just sayin' like. I know Drogba dives unnecessarily but we're hardly squeaky-clean ourselves - and we occasionally revel in it.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri May 02, 2008 6:46 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I can recall one of them stomping off upon being substituted, and I could dig up a dozen quotes from another of them - the one who's spat at fans on occasion - saying how he's going to leave the club soon. Just sayin' like. I know Drogba dives unnecessarily but we're hardly squeaky-clean ourselves - and we occasionally revel in it.
Reading that, it's suddenly become clear that if you combine Campo, Diouf and Stelios together, you get Drogba...............................in a good mood.

burtybear
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by burtybear » Fri May 16, 2008 10:33 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
WhiteArmy wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Fair call dat. He might even be liked by his own supporters if he did the right things for a change, rather than fuel speculation about moves elsewhere.
Don't blame me! It's the percodan. If you ask me, that stuff rots your brain ... And now a word from our new sponsor ... Percodan, oh crap!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 16, 2008 11:24 pm

Drogba is a powerful, muscular striker with lightening pace and great ball skills; he proved that by going past five of our defenders to get a shot in that had goal written all over it but for Al Habsi. If somebody could take him aside and convince him that he doesn't need to cheat, he'd be the best in the business. Unfortunately, such are the pressures to win in modern top-class football that advantage-winning, by fair means or foul, has become an art in itself. What was the English way is fast disappearing in favour it's Continental cousin. I blame the Italians (makes a change from blaming the French although he's one of them.) :wink:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat May 17, 2008 5:41 pm

He's Ivorian, Tango...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 17, 2008 7:15 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:He's Ivorian, Tango...
Well, just about every pundit has started calling him "the Ivorian" so I thought I'd just get the French a bit of blame instead, just from habit. (since he's lived there from being five years old.) :D
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Sat May 17, 2008 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat May 17, 2008 7:40 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Stelios dives. Campo dives. Diouf dives. Watch me windows.
Now they're gone or going all we should really buy some replacement cheats or else we'll be out-cheated every week. Vaz Te has the talent to step up but his game doesn't seem good enough on the kicking a ball side of things. 8)
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat May 17, 2008 7:57 pm

I've no problem with blaming the French, TD! :mrgreen: