Allardyce for Blackburn?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:49 pm

Guess where I'm at with this is, if 14 months ago you'd have told me that in 14 months time, Allardyce would be managing Blackburn and we'd be managed by Megson, I'd have probably looked to have you certified (generic "you" - not directed at anyone in particular - unless you're called Gazza). Had I known for a fact that what you were telling me was going to be true, I'd have been looking to arrange for some fatal accidents....

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:40 pm

The Dingles are not best happy with this rumour. I personally think he would be the best manager they could get.

Some of these jokers think they play total football. We don't want all that boring long ball football. For me there isn't that much between Bolton, Blackburn and Everton the way we play. Get men behind the ball and stop them scoring first and foremost.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sp ... rs_job.php

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:05 pm

Think Blackburn play pretty good football myself, they have two good wingers and two good forwards who can all play and score goals. Where they're lacking in probably in the middle of the park. Twas not always thus though, Hughes had them as a brutal side early on in his time there - remember their attempts to kick Arsenal off the pitch in an FA cup semi final? Made us look like a bunch of wusses.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Jewell ruled himself out according to SSN. He's already at a massive club....what does that say about the Dingles? Maybe this is heading for McClaren V Allardyce (Round 2)....:-)
And Jewell is shite. His record at Derby should have ended in the sack.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:31 pm

i'd be gutted i think but what can you do?

id hope they'd get f*cked off with 'direct' football quickly i guess

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:18 pm

Rumour has it " Shearer" ?.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:21 pm

wovlad wrote:Rumour has it " Shearer" ?.
Joint manager with Newell according to this morning's paper. Lazy journalism I reckon, just as much chance that Le Saux, Jeff Kenna or Simon Garner will tkae charge.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:16 pm

officer_dibble wrote:i'd be gutted i think but what can you do?

id hope they'd get f*cked off with 'direct' football quickly i guess
I'm secretly hoping he'll have the same form as he himself had in 2007. That relegation form we were in from Jan onwards, and his successful start with the Toon.

In fact, I'm hoping he does a Harry. Takes the dirtburn down and then comes back to lead us to FA Cup glory :mrgreen:

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:13 pm

Sums up Blackburn fans!!!!
Off the LancashireTelegraph rovers forum
Jinkyjase, Preston
"Allardyce achieved phenomenal success during his eight-year spell at the Reebok"

What? How many times did Bolton finish above Blackburn in those eight Years? Fighting off relegation year-in-year-out is not success in our eyes. We've won the league cup, enjoyed European football and got to two FA Cup semi finals in the same eight years. Thanks but NO THANKS to Sam fat head.

Is this guy a full shilling, the six fingered mupppet!!
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:19 pm

No more so than the loons on the Bolton News site.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:28 pm

ratbert wrote:No more so than the loons on the Bolton News site.
Correct :-) he has probably got 6 fingers though

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:08 am

Don't care either way, Sam is a has been living off a few years of "relative" success at Bolton in his early years with us. But he's been a failure since the England job fiasco gave him a bigger head than normal and has had no success as a manager since Jan 2007. I wouldn't want him back at Bolton and I'm sure that Blackburn fan's wont want him either.

He'll be sacked by Christmas if they do take him on.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:09 pm

FaninOz wrote:Don't care either way, Sam is a has been living off a few years of "relative" success at Bolton in his early years with us. But he's been a failure since the England job fiasco gave him a bigger head than normal and has had no success as a manager since Jan 2007. I wouldn't want him back at Bolton and I'm sure that Blackburn fan's wont want him either.

He'll be sacked by Christmas if they do take him on.
:whack:
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:58 pm

I actually think Allardyce's reputation has waned since he left Newcastle, mainly due to his big fat gob. I don't think it's a case of him recharging his batteries ready for the next challenge. I think no one wants him anymore. He seems to think the only job for him is as a manager of a top club. He'd probably be perfect for someone like Leicester or Leeds, a 'sleeping giant'.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:23 pm

FaninOz wrote:Sam is a has been living off a few years of "relative" success at Bolton in his early years with us.
Are you actually serious?

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:11 am

FD wrote:
FaninOz wrote:Sam is a has been living off a few years of "relative" success at Bolton in his early years with us.
Are you actually serious?
Yes I am, he introduced a different style and tactics not seen since Wimbledon which were successful for a time before the other teams either copied them or worked out how to counter them. In either case they became better at it than us and the "blinkered one" wasn't able to adjust. Sam's a has been and I don't see any club in the Premiership giving him a job, except one of the bottom 3 Clubs at Christmas who are looking for a new manager to get them out of trouble. Hopefully that wont be us.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:15 am

Sorry FaninOz - nothing like Wimbledon.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:03 am

How he did it isn't the point, if taking a club from the lower reaches of 'the championship' to top 8 regulars is 'relatively successful' than god help us if we ever get anyone properly successful,what will the nay-sayers do? I know everything is relative, but what are we talking relative to? The success of Phil Collins at being a tw*t? Pete Doherty at finding a vein?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:39 pm

It was relative success because for us to finish in the top 8 is a success for us, but wouldn't be viewed as such at Chelsea. Doesn't devalue the achievement though.