wheres me thread gone like?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

wheres me thread gone like?

Post by madmarx » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:35 pm

i put a reasonable thread on here yesterday. Got into a lightweight bit of handbags with some tart called batman (after he decided to insult me on sight) and now the threads gone. No swearin, no racism, no threats, nowt. Whats the game there like? :? :?

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:36 pm

We don't like away fans.

Now f uck off.

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:47 pm

Batman wrote:We don't like away fans.

Now f uck off.
hello sweet heart , you had your mod mates take the nasty man away ?

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:59 pm

batman...mod mates?

I know you aren't a regular but you have to know, those two phrases just do not go together. :mrgreen:

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:01 pm

Having not read the thread I can't really give such an informed opinion. However, if the thread was along the lines of "ner-ner-ne-ner-ner our club's bigger than yours', then the mods are well within their rights.

Otherwise, it's really harsh to delete a thread for any other reason than those stated.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:01 pm

It was a shit thread.

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:09 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:Having not read the thread I can't really give such an informed opinion. However, if the thread was along the lines of "ner-ner-ne-ner-ner our club's bigger than yours', then the mods are well within their rights.

Otherwise, it's really harsh to delete a thread for any other reason than those stated.
No not at all mate, it was actually a video dig at our near neighbours which i found typical of thier deluded self image. At the end of the post i did put that dioff had made a decent start in our friendly, just a statement of opinion though followed by a :| to indicate no gloating or controversy.

As batman says the post may well not have been that good when you take the local rivalry out of it, but deleting it was a bit strange; smacks of censorship and isolationism to me. I,m sure the majority of you lads dont want that.

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:10 pm

Just do one.

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:22 pm

Batman wrote:Just do one.
they probably have medicine for your kind of disorder now battyboy. :wink:

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:24 pm

madmarx wrote:
Batman wrote:Just do one.
they probably have medicine for your kind of disorder now battyboy. :wink:
14000+ posts :shock: Dont get out of the batcave much do you son, you could appeal that section you know. :crazy:

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:27 pm

Upon reading this, the phrase "fighting a losing battle" is jumping to the forefront of my thoughts.

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:31 pm

FD wrote:Upon reading this, the phrase "fighting a losing battle" is jumping to the forefront of my thoughts.
I shall take the hint good buddy and retire gracefully. Just didnt like the fact that the thread was deleted, best of luck with the care in the community, youre doing wonderful work :D

Respect to all and wishing you only 1 less point than us.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:33 pm

No need to disappear though man! Just saying, pick your battles ;)

Post the youtube link again though, didn't have a chance to watch it, thought I'd look later!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:51 pm

Sorry? :conf:

There are those of us that have not only an interest in what supporters of other sides have to say, but also the capacity to engage with them. That any of that might be beyond the limit of your capabilities is of little consequence to the rest of us. Your parochial mind does not speak on behalf of the forum. If you can't handle conversation with fans of other teams then just butt out, eh? Some of us are interested in what they have to say.
May the bridges I burn light your way

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:54 pm

FD wrote:No need to disappear though man! Just saying, pick your battles ;)

Post the youtube link again though, didn't have a chance to watch it, thought I'd look later!
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread ... ht=deluded

Might not be as funny to you but its just "them" down to a tee, posted it on the Boro website an all, they recognised them sharp enough.

I do pick my battles, wasnt really having a go at Bats, just ribbing him really, Passes for crack on our board but he doesnt seem to like it so i will stop.

(suppose you will all be sick of our idiots by now)

peace out bats .

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

There are those of us that have not only an interest in what supporters of other sides have to say, but also the capacity to engage with them. That any of that might be beyond the limit of your capabilities is of little consequence to the rest of us. Your parochial mind does not speak on behalf of the forum. If you can't handle conversation with fans of other teams then just butt out, eh? Some of us are interested in what they have to say.
Dont have great deal to say really bruce , other than things are looking up for us on the personnel side after decades of signing wannabees and those looking for last pay days. Exciting by our standards. We are palying Ajax on Sunday and i am looking forward to seeing the new lads all in the same line up. Rumour is we ar also chasing a big (6,7) croat lad from valencia called Zigic, looks magic on the youtube, will flip if we get him.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:29 pm

madmarx wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Dont have great deal to say really bruce , other than things are looking up for us on the personnel side after decades of signing wannabees and those looking for last pay days. Exciting by our standards. We are palying Ajax on Sunday and i am looking forward to seeing the new lads all in the same line up. Rumour is we ar also chasing a big (6,7) croat lad from valencia called Zigic, looks magic on the youtube, will flip if we get him.
I really, really hope you sign Zigic. But then I'm not a Sunderland fan.

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:51 pm

warthog wrote:
madmarx wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

clips i have seen indicate ability with both feet (right more often than not but odd scorcher with the left) good controlled header of the ball, big enough to mix it, quick enough to compete, what more do we want? Look the stats up an all, decent ratio in decent competition. He,ll do for me.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:56 pm

madmarx wrote:
warthog wrote:
madmarx wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

clips i have seen indicate ability with both feet (right more often than not but odd scorcher with the left) good controlled header of the ball, big enough to mix it, quick enough to compete, what more do we want? Look the stats up an all, decent ratio in decent competition. He,ll do for me.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:00 pm

warthog wrote:
madmarx wrote:
warthog wrote:
madmarx wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: Sorry? :conf:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
f uckin hell they alllow more than 4 symbols on this site, we can only use 4.. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D whhhaaaa heeeey. i needed that. i will pop back on and post 10 smilies every time he scores Wart, just to rub your snout in it. If we get him like :oops: