A few questions from a rival!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

foxyfmu
Hopeful
Hopeful

A few questions from a rival!

Post by foxyfmu » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:29 pm

Hi there I run a Man Utd fansite. We're doing a pre-season feature of trying to get the opinions of all our Premiership rivals on last season and this season in general.

If any of you could answer these questions it would be a huge help. Many thanks :)

1. How do you rate your last season?
2. Who was your star player?
3. What was your view on our own season?
4. Which player impressed you most from United?
5. How do you see this season going? (general)
6. Is there any player you would like to see join or leave your club and why?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: A few questions from a rival!

Post by jaffka » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:15 pm

foxyfmu wrote:Hi there I run a Man Utd fansite. We're doing a pre-season feature of trying to get the opinions of all our Premiership rivals on last season and this season in general.

If any of you could answer these questions it would be a huge help. Many thanks :)

manure :crazy:

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:28 pm

Not highly, unsurprisingly.

Super Kevin Davies as per. Although, I'm beginning to think he can do no wrong.

You clearly did very well. It's a bit of a daft question really.

Of course, being someone who doesn't support Man United, it's incredibly difficult to say anything nice at all. In saying that, I think Vidic was hugely underrated as he was outshone by The Slave.

I think the top four will be mind-numbingly predictable and all that don't occupy it will largely ignore it, only casting an eye when a horrendous injury occurs or a fixture coincides. Elsewhere, I hope for a better season that last with a mid-table finish and maybe a cup-run. The UEFA Cup spots could go to absolutely anyone. Except Hull or Stoke.

To be honest, I've no idea. The transfer market is such a stupid place at the moment that I couldn't even attempt to pluck someone for our squad. Leaving-wise, not having the biggest squad, I wouldn't want to lose players.
Viva La Portable Radio!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:39 pm

I know one foxy man u fan, she hasn't discovered or needed to discover the internet yet :mrgreen:

shit, shit, shit, amazing, shit, shit, shit, thank feck
Ali Al Habsi
According to Sky Sports News you did very well
Our very own Mark Ellis, who excelled at centre back for Torquay
Be a funny un, hopefully with City being seized by the Thai government, Dirtburn getting relegated and Sunderland getting second season syndrome
Braaten's already gone

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:49 pm

1. How do you rate your last season? - Snatched disaster from the jaws of oblivion.

2. Who was your star player? - For me, Andy O'Brien. OK, my expectations weren't high when he arrived but he turned out to be colossal.

3. What was your view on our own season? - Inescapable.

4. Which player impressed you most from United? - Evra. Anyone that's up for mixing it with Davies wins immediate respect, and a very skillful player to boot.

5. How do you see this season going? (general) - Mid-table and a decent cup run will do mighty fine.

6. Is there any player you would like to see join or leave your club and why? - We've managed to offload everyone that I wanted us to. You should've seen some of the shite we had here last season. We're a cultured midfielder short of a decent set I reckon.
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:59 pm

1. How do you rate your last season? by the number of valium left in the bottle
2. Who was your star player? dioufy, he was down wit da ganstas and 'ho's man, what a playa, word, innit
3. What was your view on our own season? obscured by the head of a drunk in front of a pub tv screen
4. Which player impressed you most from United? jonny evans, great defence
5. How do you see this season going? (general) half before christmas, half after, like normal (colonel)
6. Is there any player you would like to see join or leave your club and why? any american, just so we can see if Djibril Diawara was as bad as we recall
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:28 pm

foxyfmu wrote:Hi there I run a Man Utd fansite. We're doing a pre-season feature of trying to get the opinions of all our Premiership rivals on last season and this season in general.

1. How do you rate your last season? Not good, but not unanticipated given all the changes. Red nose getting sent to the stands for gobbing off as usual improved matters some
2. Who was your star player? Kevin Davies for showing Evra that football is occasionally a mans game. Pith Ferguson missed the one where Evra took out Davies thigh-high
3. What was your view on our own season? Hated every minute of it along with all yer gobshite fans whose idea of being a supporter extends to watching United on some foreign broadcast channel because it's too difficult for them to fork out and go see the match live. Most of 'em still think you can stand up in the Stretford End. Fergie's rant about Boltons tough tactics on his poor overpaid luvvies just shows what an arsehole he is. Apparently no-one is allowed to tackle Ronaldo anymore as Pompey found out in t' FA cup
4. Which player impressed you most from United? Gerald Pique for letting the ball go over his head to Anelka
5. How do you see this season going? (general) There will be Super Sundays amongst the randomly drawn fixture list as usual
6. Is there any player you would like to see join or leave your club and why? I'd like us to sign Ben Thatcher - he might give the gobby Scots c*nt something to really moan about

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:59 pm

A relief in the end. Misery hugely alleviated by the massive one-nil hammering of A Team From Stretford. A result with joy enhanced by outrageous moaning about 'rough boys' from Rudolph.

Kevin Davies.

Can't remember. How did you do?

Evra.

Pretty good for us. Confident in relegation battle being decided between Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Well, obviously, Evra. Cos he's got a friend here already.

screech powers
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by screech powers » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:33 am

er.... gmhp .... er,, hummm .. nah i cant do it , respond rationally to a rag!! the thought makes me sick
Life is not like a box of chocolates , it is infact , like a box of chuck norris roundhouse kicking you in the face. And if you recieve a box of chuck norris , you always know what your gonna get.

screech powers
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by screech powers » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:35 am

Worthy4England wrote:

1. How do you rate your last season? Not good, but not unanticipated given all the changes. Red nose getting sent to the stands for gobbing off as usual improved matters some
2. Who was your star player? Kevin Davies for showing Evra that football is occasionally a mans game. Pith Ferguson missed the one where Evra took out Davies thigh-high
3. What was your view on our own season? Hated every minute of it along with all yer gobshite fans whose idea of being a supporter extends to watching United on some foreign broadcast channel because it's too difficult for them to fork out and go see the match live. Most of 'em still think you can stand up in the Stretford End. Fergie's rant about Boltons tough tactics on his poor overpaid luvvies just shows what an arsehole he is. Apparently no-one is allowed to tackle Ronaldo anymore as Pompey found out in t' FA cup
4. Which player impressed you most from United? Gerald Pique for letting the ball go over his head to Anelka
5. How do you see this season going? (general) There will be Super Sundays amongst the randomly drawn fixture list as usual
6. Is there any player you would like to see join or leave your club and why? I'd like us to sign Ben Thatcher - he might give the gobby Scots c*nt something to really moan about
:pray:

Life is not like a box of chocolates , it is infact , like a box of chuck norris roundhouse kicking you in the face. And if you recieve a box of chuck norris , you always know what your gonna get.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:15 am

:crazy: how do you think? Shite, although near the end the most exciting season we've had in a while.

Anelka until Jan - god only knows where we'd have been without his goals, Andy O Brien after. I thought he was fecking awful when we signed him. He won me round with his never say die attitude.

I don't give a flying feck about you lot. Why would I? I support Bolton?? I'm not a) Irish b) thai c) Southern or d)Scandinavian

Your solicitors covering up the fact half your team seem to live by the motto "No means yes, and yes means harder"

Well my guess is it will start in August, and finish in May and it'll mainly cover England from Newcastle to Portsmouth. Oh, and as per usual it'll be really predictable, and sky will have epileptic fits of outrage should a team from outside the top 4 with the exceptions of Spuds or the Spammers beat a team in the top 4 as it's just not allowed!

I'm take a leap of faith and assume you mean realistically??

We're being linked with this Larsson chap at Brum alot and I think he's what we need a bit of go forward and creativity we've not had for a while. So I wouldn't be too bothered with that. As a perhaps unrealistic signing who I think would do well and add to the team, someone like Kim Kallstrom. Ball playing attacking midfielder

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:57 am

Looks like a one post wonder, no doubt due to the nice welcome :D

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:19 pm

screech powers wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

foxyfmu
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by foxyfmu » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:31 pm

jaffka wrote:Looks like a one post wonder, no doubt due to the nice welcome :D
Haha it's a better welcome than I've got from some fans.

Regarding some of the questions. If you were expecting to get relegated then escaping relegation could be described as a good outcome for the season.. I was especially impressed by the level of football you played at the back end despite not getting the results. No need to be quite so short about my questions!

Anyway thanks for all the serious answers it is nice to get an opposition opinion sometimes!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:23 pm

foxyfmu wrote:
Anyway thanks for all the serious answers it is nice to get an opposition opinion sometimes!
Just for the record mine were deadly serious.

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:26 pm

foxyfmu wrote:
jaffka wrote:Looks like a one post wonder, no doubt due to the nice welcome :D
Haha it's a better welcome than I've got from some fans.

Regarding some of the questions. If you were expecting to get relegated then escaping relegation could be described as a good outcome for the season.. I was especially impressed by the level of football you played at the back end despite not getting the results. No need to be quite so short about my questions!

Before you leave can i ask you a question.
How many Man Utd games did you attend last season and what is your hometown?
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"