I see Styles is back to his old tricks

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

I see Styles is back to his old tricks

Post by DJBlu » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:35 pm

Why this guy was not given a suspension is beyond me,

Wait till u see the Robinho penalty.

Sent the player off to boot.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: I see Styles is back to his old tricks

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:18 pm

DJBlu wrote:Why this guy was not given a suspension is beyond me,

Wait till u see the Robinho penalty.

Sent the player off to boot.
Saw it. Absolutely beyond belief. This time, not only does he award a penalty against a quite magnificent tackle, this time he sends the defender off as well. As I say, absolutely beyond belief! :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:30 pm

Viva La Portable Radio!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:36 pm

clear penalty!!!!! Come on - respect the officials!
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:36 pm

Does Styles even watch the direction the ball takes? The mans incompetence beggers belief
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:50 pm

That surely has to be it for him now. I don't wanna get people sacked but this is rediculous.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:56 pm

More sickening for me was seeing Graham Poll afterwards, squirming to defend a fellow professional.

Letter of the law maybe, but give penalties and red cards for magnificent tackles like that and we may as well eliminate the position of "defender" from the modern game.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:01 pm

FD wrote:More sickening for me was seeing Graham Poll afterwards, squirming to defend a fellow professional.

Letter of the law maybe, but give penalties and red cards for magnificent tackles like that and we may as well eliminate the position of "defender" from the modern game.
Dont say that, Spurs might survive!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:27 am

I would normally have some sympathy for the team after a decision like that, except that the team in question is Newcastle.

BoltonBilly
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Post by BoltonBilly » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:28 am

You may remember, after the Team in Red game, that I said I was amazed, comlpexed and muddled that when you google Rob Styles W@nker you only get 108k hits. However, if you google the same this evening, you get 119k hits.

Well, thank fcuk, things are moving the right way. But Google still has a long long way to go. If you Google 'Hopeless' you get 12.3m or just 'arse' kicks in with 12m, even bias tw@t gives 63k, so come on Google sort yourself out ffs. We need more accurate Search Engines.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:35 am

not as clear cut as samuels, the angle of beye doesn't help his case, or styles' view

as you say though - the direction the ball moves afterwards tells its own story

still, styles should have those eyes taken off him for missuse.

also, doesn't robinho actually stop when he runs up to take the penalty?

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:31 am

officer_dibble wrote:not as clear cut as samuels, the angle of beye doesn't help his case, or styles' view

as you say though - the direction the ball moves afterwards tells its own story

still, styles should have those eyes taken off him for missuse.

also, doesn't robinho actually stop when he runs up to take the penalty?
Everything that you say.

Something tells me Styles' whistle was at his lips the moment Beye stretched out, waiting for the contact. Something also tells me that Styles' eyes were focused more on the legs rather than the ball. If so, not doing his job properly. Again.

And what you said about the penalty. Shambles all round.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:56 am

Had a bad view to see it didn't he, can see why he gave it given where he was positioned, but should he have been positioned there? I'm no expert in refereeing lines other than that they tend to run diagonally across the pitch.

Suppose it's a good thing that the Toon came back to make a game of it as the red card and penalty normally ends the game right there and then after 10 minutes.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 am

Nowhere near as clear cut as our "penalty", but it is still a bad decision especially after such a good tackle. The game did at least have one highlight - made me realise why R. Dunne should not be in my fantasy football team.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:34 am

there seem to be 2 similar threads ... hardly surprising really ... just moving my response to here ; -
jimbo wrote:
City player through on goal, Beye tracking back puts in a great tackle getting a toe on the ball. Everyone says great tackle, but not Rob Styles! The only difference this time he sent Beye off When will the FA learn and ban the useless fecker.
Got to admit though, it is funnier when it's Newcastle being shafted and not us

Yep. If they'd given him a 3 game ban when he fecked-up against us he'd not have been available for this match !

You know, I can live with a ref making a mistake & I'm not one for the video revolution as I do want it to be a fast, flowing game. What I can't deal with are wrong referring tactics & attitude & this clown is one of those who thinks his role in a game is to be seen. A good ref should be low key & not go aropund imposing himself on the game.

It's not an easy job, the players could help if they stopped cheating and the TV pundits could help by being less condemning of reasonable errors. But Styles would still be a usefless fckr.

Meanwhile, couldn't be happier to see the Toon carry on cocking-up.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:36 am

You'd pay £20m+ for a striker who could finish like Dunne last night. Was a cracking volley!
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:55 am

Referee Rob Styles is on the brink of quitting the sport after a red card he gave to Newcastle's Habib Beye was overturned by the FA. Styles also apologised to Bolton earlier last month after incorrectly awarding a penalty to Manchester United in their 2-0 win. (Daily Mail)
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:00 pm

*BUMP*

[quote2057: SENDING OFF (Paul Robinson, West Brom)
The Baggies captain is off and it is a very, very harsh decision. He and Park go for a 50-50 and Park gets to the ball first, but referee Rob Styles must think Robinson's studs are up and, to the astonishment of the West Brom fans, players and bench, he shows a straight red. "If that's a red, we might as well all go home," says Paul Jewell on BBC Radio 5 Live. [/quote]

Guess the opposition

He gonna get a winners medal this year?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:02 pm

officer_dibble wrote:*BUMP*

[quote2057: SENDING OFF (Paul Robinson, West Brom)
The Baggies captain is off and it is a very, very harsh decision. He and Park go for a 50-50 and Park gets to the ball first, but referee Rob Styles must think Robinson's studs are up and, to the astonishment of the West Brom fans, players and bench, he shows a straight red. "If that's a red, we might as well all go home," says Paul Jewell on BBC Radio 5 Live.
Guess the opposition

He gonna get a winners medal this year?[/quote]

I was laughing at the prxck, even before that!

Vidic's BLATANT yellow card tackle on the sideline was as obvious as any in many years. "Styles gives Vidic a ticking off". Then starts booking Brom players for fun.

If you look closely, around the 70th minute mark, you can actually see some on Ferguson's man fat running down the back of Styels' leg!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:42 pm

Didn't see this. Don't watch the filth on any occasion unless against us. but i hear Styles and Manchester united, and have a guess...