Fit & Proper person

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Fit & Proper person

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:23 am

The FA has, supposedly, a process whereby it examines the credentials of people trying to buy football clubs,.

Over the years we've had Maxwell (but, OK, he fooled a great number of people), the guy who's name I can't recall but bought into a number of Southern clubs and took at least a couple to the brink, Al Fayed who (current allegations, about going's on in Harrod's tolilets with a 15 yr old, aside) can't get a British passport for reasons generally un-known.

That Bates and Ridsdale can go from club to club buying in & then takingthem to bankrupcy is disturbing enough. Abramovic's money is surely dubious in its sources.

However, far and away the worst has been the ludicrous pretence that the FA properly investigate the bona-fides of Taksin Shinawatra. Matched only by the abhorent sight of Citeh fans pretending they'd always liked lemongrass and that Mr Shinaguarda was, of course, innocent of all the things he was accused of because he had an affinity to sky-blue. The FA investigation committee did a collective immitation of someone pretending to look for something of which they know full well the whereabouts. They simply knew that he was bent, that he was dubious, that he was not a "fit & proper person". But it didn't suit them to look close enough for fear of what they'd find.

Quick enough to suspend a player or manager who complains a bit too loudly of a poor decision.; To ban a referee who makes that poor decision can expect suspension, demotion or dismissal. But imprison, murder, thieve £billions ... & that's OK it seems.

Now, 3 years late, the British Govt. decides they want nothing to do with him.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7717199.stm

Just a shame he got out of Citeh in time, that's my view.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:36 am

There's been a few chairmen with dodgy cred. Martin Edwards, former ManUrinal cheese, had a penchant for peeping under toilet doors in the ladies room (allegedly... etc). Not to mention 'I saw a UFO last night' Michael Knighton, who somehow managed to nearly take over ManUrinal with no money, and made a right hash of it in Carlisle. Of course, you've also got David Sullivan and David Gold at Brum, who between them, have made a fair bit of money out of mucky video and mags.
Viva La Portable Radio!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:48 am

Does anyone else remember that teenager that reckoned he was going to rescue Aldershot? I can't find anything on it but I can clearly remember him being interviewed on TV about it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:17 pm

It's a joke really, and Scudamores whoring out of the game to anyone who flashes a bit of cash is embarrasing.

Does anyone know what the 'Fit and Proper' persons test consists of? The only one i know is that you're not allowed to have been in prison. Meaning that Nelson Mandela isn't fit to run a football club, but Thakskin, a man regarded as something approaching the Devil incarnate by Amnesty International, is free to do whatever he wants.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:24 pm

<ahem>people might want to refresh they memoties on libel law in this thread.

i hasten to point out that while some may not agree with messrs gold and sullivan's products, bongo mags are perfectly legal.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:33 pm

communistworkethic wrote:<ahem>people might want to refresh they memoties on libel law in this thread.

i hasten to point out that while some may not agree with messrs gold and sullivan's products, bongo mags are perfectly legal.
Well, in my case, Edwards was convicted of 'peeping', Michael Knighton was a sham and bongo mags are legal, but is probably open to interpretation under the 'fit and proper' umbrella.
Viva La Portable Radio!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:39 pm

mofgimmers wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:<ahem>people might want to refresh they memoties on libel law in this thread.

Well, in my case, Edwards was convicted of 'peeping', Michael Knighton was a sham and bongo mags are legal, but is probably open to interpretation under the 'fit and proper' umbrella.
someone who's used to getting men to pay to look at tits and c*nts? sounds like the ideal owner of a premier league club.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:42 pm

communistworkethic wrote:someone who's used to getting men to pay to look at tits and c*nts? sounds like the ideal owner of a premier league club.
Hahahaha!
Viva La Portable Radio!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Tombwfc wrote: Meaning that Nelson Mandela isn't fit to run a football club.
Well he couldn't be any worse than his Mrs was. :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:21 pm

Yes our Dear Mr. Taksin while fit and proper for the FA, has now been given the boot out of England all together. Even Mr. Harrods hasn't been able to manage that. I believe Englands decision while probably never known for sure was an accumulation of many things.

1. He has been convicted now of a criminal offense.

2. He applied for asylum in England, then denied it to the press.

3. He has continued to play politics with Thailand from inside England and outside of England.

4. He was going to at some point probably have to fight an extradition case which England really do not want to deal with.

5. He has been challenging the people to pressure the respected monarchy here (Thailand). England also have a monarchy which makes the matter at least a little more sensitive.

6. In his telephone speech to his supporters from HK to Thailand last week he boasted how he was able to go in and out of England as he pleased. Thus indirectly trying to draw England into an internal issue.

Basically England didn't want to be dragged into this mess and since Taksin had withdrawn his Asyum appeal (probably after being informed his chances didn't look good), they decided to get rid of the potential mess by simply telling him not to come back. A huge slap in his face. His only comment is that he doesn't care, but then basically declares war on Thailand.

Today's quotes "I dropped the asylum bid because I don't think it is necessary. I don't like the term asylum. I want freedom because I am a champion of democracy. I don't like anything that restricts freedom," (really? didn't feel that way when he was in power)

"I will phone in and talk to the people who love and have faith in me. I will make a longer speech and start naming names because they have pushed me into a corner,"
he said. (really like the very very top person? Good luck with the result of that accusation. I'm sure it will go down a treat.)

Looks like some fun times ahead for us in Thailand.

Peace to all.