Sam Allardyce named Blackburn Manager

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Sam Allardyce named Blackburn Manager

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:08 pm

DISGUSTED

Allardyce named Blackburn manager

Blackburn Rovers have appointed Sam Allardyce as their new manager on a three-year contract.

Rovers sacked Paul Ince on Tuesday and made it clear they wanted a new boss at the helm for Saturday's home game against Stoke.

Allardyce has been out of work since he was dismissed as manager of Newcastle in January.

Graeme Souness had also been linked with the job but had already ruled himself out of the running.

Ince was dismissed by Rovers after only 17 Premier League games in charge.

Rovers are second from bottom of the Premier League and have not won in the league since they defeated Newcastle on 27 September.

After a winning start under Ince's tenure, Rovers have won only three of their top-flight matches this season and are on a run of 11 straight games without a victory.

Allardyce had also been linked with the managerial vacancy at Sunderland.

He was highly successful during eight years at the helm of Rovers' Lancashire rivals Bolton, establishing them in the Premier League during his time in charge at the Reebok.

Rovers play successive Premier League fixture against Newcastle and Bolton in January.
Last edited by BWFC_Wyles on Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Why are you disgusted?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

potter1989bwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by potter1989bwfc » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:11 pm

will he be a fans favourite ?

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:13 pm

I know him, not well, but my dad knows him really well and I know what he is like as a person so I shouldn't be surprised. And I know it's a job, but he has no loyalty whatsoever! It's like Ferguson taking a job @ City!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:14 pm

I wish him all the best at Blackburn, except when they play us. Without Big Sam Bolton would not be in the premiership, he may have left us in the lurch but no one can deny that the previous 6 or 7 seasons with him were far better than anyone could have imagined.
Good luck Sam

potter1989bwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by potter1989bwfc » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:16 pm

hes really gone down in my opinion of him
fecked us over with newcastle
now gone to the dingles
TOSSER

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:16 pm

MichaelJohn12 wrote:I know him, not well, but my dad knows him really well and I know what he is like as a person so I shouldn't be surprised. And I know it's a job, but he has no loyalty whatsoever! It's like Ferguson taking a job @ City!
So you think he should stay unemployed rather than take the job? He's not ours, he doesn't belong to us. I'll remember him with affection, and a great deal of thanks, but he has no involvement with us anymore, nor we with him. As Nat says, I wish him luck, excepting when we play 'em, and when the final table is printed.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:17 pm

Sir Nat wrote:I wish him all the best at Blackburn, except when they play us. Without Big Sam Bolton would not be in the premiership, he may have left us in the lurch but no one can deny that the previous 6 or 7 seasons with him were far better than anyone could have imagined.
Good luck Sam
Aye.
Let's wish him luck at Blackburn.
Let's all get behind him and hope he brings success to one of our local and league rivals. :roll:
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:18 pm

The man did great things with us, but he's no longer got my respect!

potter1989bwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by potter1989bwfc » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:20 pm

MichaelJohn12 wrote:The man did great things with us, but he's no longer got my respect!
don't think hes got any respect for himself, earlier this week he said he wanted the sunderland job and not blackburn because sunderland are better and bigger club ?
and basicly was knock at sunderlands do for a interview

ovenmitboy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ovenmitboy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:21 pm

It would be like Harry Redknapp managing Southampton ... oh he did that didn't he? I for one wish him well. Not too well, but like 17th and a drubbing from us next time we meet, that kind of well.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:26 pm

I have to admit that I'm proud of our supporters that would turn down the opportunity to earn £x millions over a three year period, just because Blackburn are rivals of ours - such high principles should not go unrewarded. If I was out of work and they offered me £xm over 3 years, I'd be off like a shot for it.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:27 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I have to admit that I'm proud of our supporters that would turn down the opportunity to earn £x millions over a three year period, just because Blackburn are rivals of ours - such high principles should not go unrewarded. If I was out of work and they offered me £xm over 3 years, I'd be off like a shot for it.
Touché W4E!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:28 pm

I thank Sam for what he did at BWFC, but I really hope he does nowt at the dingles and takes em down.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:30 pm

There now follows a shameless act of self promotion

Note that two of the candidates in this article have been appointed. Gascoigne will be next, I tell you.

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:40 pm

Its a tough ask even for Big Sam. Like as not they'll be bottom at xmas and we know what usually happens then. Also Santa Cruz, looks like he'll jump ship to the Massives in January & they've already struggled with goals.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:41 pm

wovlad wrote:Its a tough ask even for Big Sam. Like as not they'll be bottom at xmas and we know what usually happens then. Also Santa Cruz, looks like he'll jump ship to the Massives in January & they've already struggled with goals.
Davo back to the Dingles then 7.5 mil?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:46 pm

Best of Luck Sam, just remember to remain at least one place below the Wanderers.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:47 pm

Mixed feelings about this.

I think he'll turn 'em round.

He may even put in a bid for Nolan and Davies, (after all, depending on what you read on here, Nolan's fat and sh*t and Davies hasn't played well in ages) :roll:

Good luck Sam, but you may have to take 'em down to bring 'em back up. I hope.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

claus jensens guitar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by claus jensens guitar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:53 pm

It'll be like the start of the 2007 season all over again. Bye Bye Nolan, Davies, Hunt, Jaaskelainen, Gardner, Ben Haim, Stelios, Meite, Faye, Diouf and Anelka (at least the last six have already gone which will lowers the numbers for speculation). Considering who we have to play before we go to Ewood and who they have to play it looks like they might be above us.

I really hope they get beat by Blyth in the FA Cup now, even more than I already did. At least this guarantees our away end will be full when we play at Ewood.