Sam Allardyce named Blackburn Manager

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:47 pm

To be honest, for me it doesn't even seem like Allardyce was our manager.

I know that sounds strange, but it was a while ago and so much has gone on since, that he's not really in my memory as an ex-manager. I see him as that guy who Newcastle messed around and has been beging for a job ever since.

I don't have much hate for him, I just think he was a nob about how he went about leaving us. Even he must admin we deserved to be treated with a little bit more respect than that.
Last edited by keveh on Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:01 pm

It's strange that there's a few that won't acknowledge what he did for us in this thread. Sure it's a shitter, but really, what is he supposed to do? Never take a job again for fear of upsetting us? I mean, we all laughed when we pretty much robbed him from Notts County.

As for 'they're shit and they'll go down', I'm not so sure. They've got a good core of players that will thrive under Allardyce. Pedersen, Robinson, Roque Santa Claus (if he stays, granted), Matt Derbyshire, Benni McCarthy, Tugay... okay, not world beaters, but the kind of players that Sammy likes. In Samba, he's got another Faye and if Allardyce can turn careers around, then watch out for a rejuvenated David Dunn.

Write these six-fingered fcuks off at your peril.
Viva La Portable Radio!

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:06 pm

keveh wrote:To be honest, for me it doesn't even seem like Allardyce was our manager.

I know that sounds strange, but it was a while ago and so much has gone on since, that he's not really in my memory as an ex-manager, I see him as that guy who Newcastle messed around and has been beging for a job ever sinse.
Same here. It seems like a long time ago that he was here. Maybe the football getting steadily worse or him being linked with every job going had something to do with it.

I bear him no ill will. He did a good job for the most part, a remarkable job in some ways, which hasn't yet been fully acknowledged. But he's just the manager of another club now.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:13 pm

warthog wrote:
keveh wrote:To be honest, for me it doesn't even seem like Allardyce was our manager.

I know that sounds strange, but it was a while ago and so much has gone on since, that he's not really in my memory as an ex-manager, I see him as that guy who Newcastle messed around and has been beging for a job ever sinse.
Same here. It seems like a long time ago that he was here. Maybe the football getting steadily worse or him being linked with every job going had something to do with it.

I bear him no ill will. He did a good job for the most part, a remarkable job in some ways, which hasn't yet been fully acknowledged. But he's just the manager of another club now.
Aye agree with that.

Whilst he was here I'd defend him to the hilt but its hard to like him now he's not here.

I do think he's a good manager who deserves another shot but there are few with bigger chips on their shoulders than Allardyce. Put it this way he's not someone I'd particularly want to go for a drink with. Mind neither is Megson!

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Put it this way he's not someone I'd particularly want to go for a drink with. Mind neither is Megson!
He's going to have noted that, you know.

Wait for his next press conference.

"There are some people on message boards who don't want to go for a drink with me, but it's water off a duck's back"
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:25 pm

Puskas wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Put it this way he's not someone I'd particularly want to go for a drink with. Mind neither is Megson!
He's going to have noted that, you know.

Wait for his next press conference.

"There are some people on message boards who don't want to go for a drink with me, but it's water off a duck's back. Did I mention we were bottom of the Premier when I took over?"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:32 pm

To be fair there aren't many football managers who I'd go for a drink with willingly!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:29 pm

Well he's expecting stick when we go there anyway according to his answer to the last question in the press conference. Very strange watching him refer to that lot as 'we' to be honest.

ROVERS F.C.
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ROVERS F.C. » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:46 pm

BIG FAT SAMS BLUE 'N' WHITE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!

The look on your faces will be a picture when we pass you on the way up soon.....normal service will be resumed shortly.

Been suspect by your abscence from BRFCS.COM lately Zulu

:wink:
PROUD BLACKBURN ROVERS FC....THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TOWN CLUB IN THE UK

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:57 pm

I was particularly interested in this quote from his teleconference:

"Six months ago it was a case of speaking with John Williams, going home and talking to my better half," he said.

"After 15 years straight managing and coaching I decided it was too early to jump back into the mainstream."

During negotiations with John Williams Mr Allardyce was apparently heard to say:

"So John, I will consider taking the job, but one of the stipulations is that we must come up with a viable story why I didn't get the job in the summer. I cannot be seen to have been overlooked for Paul Ince. Under no circumstances must I now or ever look bad in front of the media".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:02 pm

ROVERS F.C. wrote:BIG FAT SAMS BLUE 'N' WHITE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!

The look on your faces will be a picture when we pass you on the way up soon.....normal service will be resumed shortly.

your forum seems to be closed to guests...why?

eddybwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by eddybwfc » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:02 pm

mate, i wouldnt be so confident on big sam doing anything with blackburn, you got a shi* squad....

also your main man is going in january...

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:10 pm

:roll:

that tell tale extra 'c' indicating this is, indeed, a genuine dingle engaging us in 'converscation'

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 pm

jaffka wrote:

your forum seems to be closed to guests...why?
Tried to join, but it wouldn't let me it appears my name and Trampwater etc etc are barred from joining!

Vindictive suckers!! and was not only BRFCS either!! seems they don't want fatman exposing as a cupboard Dingle

Rovers FC, ban him!!!!!!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:57 pm

Just seen him on telly now....is it me, or has he lost a bit of timber since last I saw him?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:51 am

I wouldn't have been absent if your site worked properly. I have tried to post about four times this week and it just doesn't work. I suspect you need to put another log on the fire! :wink:

I've sent you a PM.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:17 am

Learn from what happened with the Sunderland fans. You come, you mock, we beat...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:03 pm

I'm in my 40's and for most of that time, Blackburn have been outside the top flight of English football - 28 years I think. I for one can't wait for you to resume "normal service" in the coca cola league.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:04 pm

I've no zingers to throw at you, I just want to quote this, y'know...for later...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:54 pm

Come on you Potters, lets see you stuff them inbred dingle plonkers....