Man City are complete failures! Let's all laugh at 'em!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Father Jack Hackett
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Father Jack Hackett » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:41 am

Who cares about the money?

It's the chance to see one of the best footballers in the world, week in, week out in our league.

Personally I hope they sign him, and David Villa, and Eto'o, and whoever they want.
DRINK, GIRLS, ARSE, FECK, KNICKERS, NUNS!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:05 pm

Father Jack Hackett wrote:Who cares about the money?

It's the chance to see one of the best footballers in the world, week in, week out in our league.

Personally I hope they sign him, and David Villa, and Eto'o, and whoever they want.
Why. Are you banking on City being relegated to the Championship also?

It is a deal, which were it to happen (stop sniggering at the back) would destroy football. Man City, were it to be a sensible business concern could not afford those wages with their mediocre crowds and average shirt sales. It is simply being supported by money outside of the club. One day he'll want it back.

I really don't get these guys. Abramovic and co didn't make their gazillions by being stupid in business. How come as soon as they get into a football team it is treated as no more than a toy?

Bring in salary caps sharpish, this is ridiculous

Father Jack Hackett
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Father Jack Hackett » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:08 pm

Why would it destroy football? That's a ludicrous statement to make.

The money comes out of the investor's pockets, and if they want to pay that, and they think he is worth that, then all power to them. It won't make a difference about 'wanting it back', because it won't have come from the club, it will be being funded directly by the Arabian owners.

I don't see the problem, and if it means more great players coming into the league, then that will be fantastic.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:15 pm

It is destroying the competition.

The sooner that we revert to a situation where clubs must work with the money they generate through business activity, not through donations, the better IMO.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:19 pm

The effect is that other players start demanding higher and higher salaries. Sure no one may come close to the 500 thou per week but now 150 per week doesn't even sound astronomical. As a result fewer and fewer teams can afford to stay in the PL, and Bolton are certainly in the can't afford bracket. So to see those players weekly, unless you watch on TV, you will be getting season tickets to City games, and not Bolton.

Father Jack Hackett
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Father Jack Hackett » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Well maybe being in the Prem isn't the be-all and end-all that you assume? Would it be so bad to go down? Granted the team would break up, but players these days are always just passing through (bar Jussi).

I think what City are planning is a fantastic breath of fresh air, and it's up to the other clubs to keep up or fall by the wayside.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:37 pm

Surely any competition thrives on openness and fairness. The great competitions of the world - the FA Cup, The Open at golf can all be entered by anyone and won by anyone. Why would a glass ceiling above clubs like ours be good for the game. You'd have half a dozen clubs on a plinth crunching out dull draws (nobody can say Man Utd v Chelsea was exciting this weekend) and no other fecker would have a chance of winning.

What about the chances of kids growing up around Manchester. They've no chance of getting to play top clubs, because the clubs can simply buy who they want, when they want.

And most of all. The people I fell most sorry for are the City fans. I mean all that money, and still no silverware in sight. The shame of it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:04 pm

Father Jack Hackett wrote:Why would it destroy football? That's a ludicrous statement to make.

The money comes out of the investor's pockets, and if they want to pay that, and they think he is worth that, then all power to them. It won't make a difference about 'wanting it back', because it won't have come from the club, it will be being funded directly by the Arabian owners.

I don't see the problem, and if it means more great players coming into the league, then that will be fantastic.
Because in 5 or 6 years there will be maybe 4 or 5 clubs with "silly owners" who form a breakaway with other top european clubs, taking all the TV revenue with them as well as all the billionaires, and then the rest of the clubs in England and the rest of Europe gradually go out of business.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:04 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Surely any competition thrives on openness and fairness. The great competitions of the world - the FA Cup, The Open at golf can all be entered by anyone and won by anyone. Why would a glass ceiling above clubs like ours be good for the game. You'd have half a dozen clubs on a plinth crunching out dull draws (nobody can say Man Utd v Chelsea was exciting this weekend) and no other fecker would have a chance of winning.

What about the chances of kids growing up around Manchester. They've no chance of getting to play top clubs, because the clubs can simply buy who they want, when they want.

And most of all. The people I fell most sorry for are the City fans. I mean all that money, and still no silverware in sight. The shame of it.
Not the premiership thats for sure.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:19 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote: I really don't get these guys. Abramovic and co didn't make their gazillions by being stupid in business. How come as soon as they get into a football team it is treated as no more than a toy?

Bring in salary caps sharpish, this is ridiculous
Hm although true that businessmen usually leave their acumen in the car park when it comes to clubs, these boys at City have just been born into obscene wealth, with so much cash that they don't know what to do with it? Doubt they'll be wanting it back.

IF they do manage to somehow bring in Kaka, as with Chelsea it'll certainly turn the heads of all the other top players in the world who look at their paypackets being 1/5th his size, not to mention the current players at City!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:36 pm

kaka wants to captain Milan and grow old there...... so he says...

boo hoo citeh..

potter1989bwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by potter1989bwfc » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Brazilian star Kaka has played down the prospect of joining Manchester City, saying he plans to stay at AC Milan.

Serie A giants Milan confirmed earlier on Wednesday that they met with a City delegation on Tuesday regarding their interest in Kaka.

City, backed by the Abu Dhabi United Group, were reportedly ready to offer £100million to persuade Milan to sell their classy playmaker.

Kaka's adviser Diogo Kotscho had indicated that the player would consider a move to City, if they matched his ambition, but the 26-year-old has moved to pledge his long-term future to the Rossoneri.

"As long as the club keep high objectives, my desire will always be to stay at Milan," Kaka told Mediaset, which is also owned by Milan president Silvio Berlusconi.

"I want to get old here and my objective for the future is to become this team's captain.

"I refused important offers in the past."

Kaka has a contract with Milan until 2013 and the news will be a massive boost to coach Carlo Ancelotti as they look to challenge rivals Inter for the Serie A title.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:26 pm

Father Jack Hackett wrote:I think what City are planning is a fantastic breath of fresh air, and it's up to the other clubs to keep up or fall by the wayside.
£100 million could save quite a lot of jobs, businesses and mortgage repayments at the moment. The ignorance City are showing when fans are not renewing season tickets due to financial hardship is obscene. Time for a salary cap - it would encourage our younger talent to break through and stop football from being the approximation of Marie Antoinette's court circa 1789. If the superstars who don't need a pay rise bugger off again, so be it.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:31 pm

Great to see a player do this.

Money isn't everything. He's earning enough and can see City for what they are. Shame there aren't many more like him.

I reserve the right to retract this statement if and when he does sign for £500,000 a week.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Maybe Man City should up their offer to 200 million.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:56 pm

seanworth wrote:Maybe Man City should up their offer to 200 million.
Thats not the problem tho is it, the player has told em to fook off not the club. I think if they offered him 750,000 a week then he might consider. :?

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:02 pm

City, despite all their money, need to become better respected as a team before they can lure the big names. Imho If Villa had that kind of money they could attract anyone they wanted as they are a football club that play as a team and can grind out results when it matters.

City should make a few achievable, solid signings and worry about consolidating their place in the PL this season and set a 3 year plan to build a squad of superstars.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:48 am

marshall_42 wrote:City, despite all their money, need to become better respected as a team before they can lure the big names. Imho If Villa had that kind of money they could attract anyone they wanted as they are a football club that play as a team and can grind out results when it matters.

City should make a few achievable, solid signings and worry about consolidating their place in the PL this season and set a 3 year plan to build a squad of superstars.
Long term planning? What sort of nonsense is that? This is football. Sucess is demanded yesterday. And if it isn't b(r?)ought by the current incumbent, sack him and let his successor mould his own team - he has five minutes to do it. And then deliver the league title.

And so on, and so forth.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:12 am

Apparently City have withdrawn their bid.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 57,00.html
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:59 am

Verbal wrote:Apparently City have withdrawn their bid.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 57,00.html
If TRUE, I could only assume the conditions Kaka gave (assuming they also were true) were unacceptable. I wonder if it was the sell on fee ceiling condition if they do not qualify for CL within a specific time period, or they they have to keep Robinho.

Just wondering.