Isn't it about time we laughed at Spurs too?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:49 pm

It's a bit odd that Cudicini, one of the Premierleagues best keepers, has allowed himself to be semi-retired for the past few years, and then decide all of a sudden to sign for Spurs. If he'd have left Chelsea when they signed Cech he could've had his pick of clubs.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:56 pm

Is Spazzy just going around signing EVERYONE Ramos got rid of? Rumours linking him with Robbie Keane today.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:04 pm

I'm kind of disgusted by Harry's "antics" this window.

I've seen him at least twice say something like "All they've got to say is he's not for sale and thats that"...then why are you talking about him still? The sickening way the media sucks Redknapp's corey is just out of order, he basically publically taps a player up, the club they BELONG to get's shitty but Harry is the one in the press, they love him so.

fozzy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fozzy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Prufrock wrote:Is Spazzy just going around signing EVERYONE Ramos got rid of? Rumours linking him with Robbie Keane today.
"I wouldn't sit here and say I wouldn't like to have Robbie Keane at my football club, I'd be a liar, but he belongs to Liverpool so it is not an option unfortunately," Redknapp said.

"As a player and a person I have a lot of time for Robbie Keane. I think he's fantastic."

Is Les Ferdinand still playing?

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:15 pm

Drifting off topic, but haven't your boys spent £9mil on a 19 year old complete uknown today fozzy? Doesn't seem like the actions of a club close to financial doom to me. Have the tabloids lied to us?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:21 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:I'd love to watch them go down but I just can't see it happening. They have some quality players and a shedload of cash from the Berbatov and Keane sales. Personally I don't understand why people hate Redknapp so much - there are much worse in this league - but whatever your feelings about him personally, he's a good manager. All they need to do is dump Gomes and get one or two combative midfielders and they will be OK.
Cos he's a bent slimy bastard

You were quick enough to slag Allardyce off and he aint even close to that 'nothing ever sticks to me' spazzyeyed tvvat

His records OK

No better than OK

And his antics unsettling players in the past three months

Fcuk me, we'd be on a charge

And how they whined when United loosened their grip on Berbatov

Hypocrites
Sto ut Serviam

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:24 pm

FD wrote:I'm kind of disgusted by Harry's "antics" this window.

I've seen him at least twice say something like "All they've got to say is he's not for sale and thats that"...then why are you talking about him still? The sickening way the media sucks Redknapp's corey is just out of order, he basically publically taps a player up, the club they BELONG to get's shitty but Harry is the one in the press, they love him so.
Redknapp takes the cockney-mafia journos out for dinner and drinks regularly and gets pally with them. They daren't write anything other than praise for Old 'Arry.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:48 pm

These attacks on Harry Redknapp - one of the games great characters - are sickening.

But then Bolton fans are the most evil in football, so it's all you can expect.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:24 pm

Puskas wrote:These attacks on Harry Redknapp - one of the games great characters - are sickening.

But then Bolton fans are the most evil in football, so it's all you can expect.

:pray: :pray:
Sto ut Serviam

fozzy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fozzy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:06 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Drifting off topic, but haven't your boys spent £9mil on a 19 year old complete uknown today fozzy? Doesn't seem like the actions of a club close to financial doom to me. Have the tabloids lied to us?
I know, bit strange - thought the (excellent) Bellamy profits would go back into the Chairmans very empty pockets, rather than splashed on transfers. Hopefully the fee is dependent on appearances etc etc.

Never heard of Savio Nsereko, but I'm inclined to give Nani the benefit of the doubt. Twas the same situation for Ilunga and Behrami, both of whom have turned out to be excellent signings.

Apparently we're in for another midfielder too - think we need cover after Mullins (under rated IMO) went to Pompey.

And finally - Carlton Cole. What a transformation.

fozzy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fozzy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:14 pm

jimbo wrote:

Redknapp takes the cockney-mafia journos out for dinner and drinks regularly and gets pally with them. They daren't write anything other than praise for Old 'Arry.
I think that Redknapp's stock is falling fast. The Times ran a piece on him following the Pompey game, claiming a lot of the senior players were unhappy with his behaviour. And Brian Reade today laid into him in the Mirror.

I think the Press love Harry's behaviour (cos it sells papers) rather than the man himself.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:06 am

fozzy wrote:
jimbo wrote:

I think that Redknapp's stock is falling fast. The Times ran a piece on him following the Pompey game, claiming a lot of the senior players were unhappy with his behaviour. And Brian Reade today laid into him in the Mirror.

I think the Press love Harry's behaviour (cos it sells papers) rather than the man himself.
Sorry, it's the man himself that they love. It may sell papers, but being wined and dined by the chap certainly influences the things they write.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:53 am

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp said: "I'm delighted to have him. He can play in any of the back four positions."
He can, but he won't.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:57 am

A dodgy, pikey nice person.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:16 am

fozzy wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:Drifting off topic, but haven't your boys spent £9mil on a 19 year old complete uknown today fozzy? Doesn't seem like the actions of a club close to financial doom to me. Have the tabloids lied to us?
I know, bit strange - thought the (excellent) Bellamy profits would go back into the Chairmans very empty pockets, rather than splashed on transfers. Hopefully the fee is dependent on appearances etc etc.

Never heard of Savio Nsereko, but I'm inclined to give Nani the benefit of the doubt. Twas the same situation for Ilunga and Behrami, both of whom have turned out to be excellent signings.

Apparently we're in for another midfielder too - think we need cover after Mullins (under rated IMO) went to Pompey.

And finally - Carlton Cole. What a transformation.
Let's hope he's not owned by a third party! :wink: :roll:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:05 am

Unfortunately, just in time for Saturday, the Spuds looked very good indeed tonight on FF. I know it was only Stoke but......
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

nat_bwfcuk
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by nat_bwfcuk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:57 am

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:Unfortunately, just in time for Saturday, the Spuds looked very good indeed tonight on FF. I know it was only Stoke but......
We'll see, even we looked like world beaters against Stoke.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:05 am

fozzy wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Is Spazzy just going around signing EVERYONE Ramos got rid of? Rumours linking him with Robbie Keane today.
"I wouldn't sit here and say I wouldn't like to have Robbie Keane at my football club, I'd be a liar, but he belongs to Liverpool so it is not an option unfortunately," Redknapp said.

"As a player and a person I have a lot of time for Robbie Keane. I think he's fantastic."

This is the gentle art of putting the message out without putting the message out. How blatant can one get at tapping up players?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:12 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
fozzy wrote:

This is the gentle art of putting the message out without putting the message out. How blatant can one get at tapping up players?
As he's not said "I've tried to get Robbie Keane to play for us, but he's said he'll have to clear it with Liverpool", then its not tapping up.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:23 am

What exactly is "tapping up?" I thought it was actually talking to the player, not talking about them. Or is there some sort of fine line? Because otherwise couldn't the manager of Hereford United get in trouble for saying "Kaka is a great player, we'd love to have him!"