Ashley Cole

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Do you think the way England fans treated Ashley Cole was fair??

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 39

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:20 pm

officer_dibble wrote:on a serious note most people have got to agree with my POV that I wouldn't piss on ashley cole if he is on fire

to simplfy matters somewhat :wink:
I'd piss on him if he was on fire... safe in the knowledge that my piss wouldn't put out the flames and only add humiliation to the proceedings.
Viva La Portable Radio!

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:26 pm

mofgimmers wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:on a serious note most people have got to agree with my POV that I wouldn't piss on ashley cole if he is on fire

to simplfy matters somewhat :wink:
I'd piss on him if he was on fire... safe in the knowledge that my piss wouldn't put out the flames and only add humiliation to the proceedings.
Absolutely. The key is make sure that the fire has a decent hold before commencing urination.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:40 pm

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:46 pm

His wife Cheryl, singer with Girls Aloud, is currently climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa for comic relief.
It would surely be a lot easier to read a Newcastle forum.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:16 pm

£80 "on the spot" fine.

That'll make him think twice ... Hah !! Let that be a lesson to you Ashley !!!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:35 pm

bobo the clown wrote:£80 "on the spot" fine.

Aye, to a bloke who only gets £90k per week that must be crippling. What will the wife say when she finds out? :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enzo Gambaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Enzo Gambaro » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

Aye, to a bloke who only gets £90k per week that must be crippling. What will the wife say when she finds out? :|
I'm sure she'll just be relieved that at least she knows where he was for one night of the year.
ImageFor further information on:- Dean Holdsworth Call Celeb Agents on 0870 765 9696

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Enzo Gambaro wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

I'm sure she'll just be relieved that at least she knows where he was for one night of the year.
Enzo ... where the b-hell have you been ?

Did you get parole ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Enzo Gambaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Enzo Gambaro » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:15 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Enzo Gambaro wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Did you get parole ??
I've been around. Just took a bit of a vow of silence. For about three years. But the idiots who attended the Stoke match last night have forced me back out into the open. Wanted to talk to some Wanderers fans with a little more grip on reality than those I'm forced to stand next to on a weekly basis. Because they are undoubtedly the most stupid people I've ever had the misfortune to meet.
ImageFor further information on:- Dean Holdsworth Call Celeb Agents on 0870 765 9696

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:22 am

Enzo Gambaro wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Enzo Gambaro wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Did you get parole ??
I've been around. Just took a bit of a vow of silence. For about three years. But the idiots who attended the Stoke match last night have forced me back out into the open. Wanted to talk to some Wanderers fans with a little more grip on reality than those I'm forced to stand next to on a weekly basis. Because they are undoubtedly the most stupid people I've ever had the misfortune to meet.
I don't know you clearly you were around before I joined the site, but I'm intrigued, so why a 3 year vow of silence?

Enzo Gambaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Enzo Gambaro » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I don't know you clearly you were around before I joined the site, but I'm intrigued, so why a 3 year vow of silence?
Erm, I don't know really. To be honest, I think it was the fact that the site had been taken over by attention-seeking muppets at that time. It got boring just coming on and reading personal insults being dished out between the same four or five people all the time. Slowly but surely, those "characters" appear to have disappeared and the message boards have become more entertaining again. I've still read practically all of the articles in that time which have always been top-notch and I'm glad that the forums are now not letting the side down anymore.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Enzo Gambaro wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Erm, I don't know really. To be honest, I think it was the fact that the site had been taken over by attention-seeking muppets at that time. It got boring just coming on and reading personal insults being dished out between the same four or five people all the time. Slowly but surely, those "characters" appear to have disappeared and the message boards have become more entertaining again. I've still read practically all of the articles in that time which have always been top-notch and I'm glad that the forums are now not letting the side down anymore.
Just wait......

Enzo Gambaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Enzo Gambaro » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:40 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Enzo Gambaro wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Just wait......
Hmmm, I really should have read the comments on the Wanderers message board today before I replied to this.