Kaka to Madrid?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Kaka to Madrid?

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:15 am

Here we go again . . . Perez up to his old tricks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 080228.stm
AC Milan are struggling to keep hold of star midfielder Kaka as reports emerged that Real Madrid had agreed a world record £56m transfer for the Brazilian.
I don't understand how they are "struggling" to keep him . . . hasn't he said repeatedly he wants to stay at the San Siro? Oh well, at least it would be another f-you to Man City.

markakamark
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by markakamark » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:17 am

Despite making it more difficult for Bolton in the EPL, I'd rather Kaka went to City. I wouldn't mind watching him every week on MOTD.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:35 am

I'd rather he stayed where he was. City? Don't make me piss. He's got more class than Gareth Barry.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:52 am

Big fat headline on back of t'Sun saying he's gone to Real for 62mill.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:56 am

Big fat Guillem Balague saying the fee has been agreed but the player hasn't even been contacted yet.

We've watched this sordid little morality tale here many a time before. Perez gets publicity for RM and himself, Kaka gets to be honourable, Milan get to startle their fans a little so they're not angered by yet another season of chronic underachievement.

It'll happen eventually, I suppose, but it's as tiresome as yon spotty Portuguese herbert.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:59 am

Well somebody's making stuff up then. Says 'ere that his dad's sorted out the personal terms.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:04 am

The Sun? Get something wrong? :wink:

Actually Balague's just been on again - contact was made with Kaka's people, but their demands had so many noughts that Perez said no deal. So the God-bod's money-men are now playing games with Chelsea, no managed by Kaka's old mister Ancelotti.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:09 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:The Sun? Get something wrong? :wink:

Actually Balague's just been on again - contact was made with Kaka's people, but their demands had so many noughts that Perez said no deal. So the God-bod's money-men are now playing games with Chelsea, no managed by Kaka's old mister Ancelotti.
Its a bastion of truth. :D

The Sun has many faults as a "news"paper but the sport's usually spot on. And they've got Page3 Idol. How good's that? Why isnt that on tele?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:31 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:

The Sun has many faults as a "news"paper but the sport's usually spot on. And they've got Page3 Idol. How good's that? Why isnt that on tele?
Well, Samantha,23 from Essex, is probably surprised at all the fuss over a mere footballer.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:59 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:

Well, Samantha,23 from Essex, is probably surprised at all the fuss over a mere footballer.
Although, would still love to marry one

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:07 pm

Perez doesn't muck about does he!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Village_Idiot2
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Village_Idiot2 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:12 pm

Kaka is awesome and I'd rather not have him at Real, but I love how Pérez has signed him when he's not been even a week at Real or without talking it over with the manager. He is as knee-jerk as always.

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:14 pm

I like the Galactico plan, it makes things more interesting both on and off the pitch.

So there's Perez and no fewer than FOUR Directors of Football including Zidane reporting to him - and then the little old manager is there at the end of the row.
Was right all along

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:38 pm

Sky Sports now saying Chelsea have offered £73.5 million for Kaka . . . because they have such good luck with Brazilians.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 56,00.html

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:51 pm

I thought Roman was on super noodles and Netto beans?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:05 pm

Chelsea's £73.5million bid is reported to be backed up by an offer of £10million-a-year in wages after tax for Kaka in a bid to lure him to Stamford Bridge.

So a £20m a year salary :lol:

and why bid £15m more than a bid which by all accounts has already been accepted.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:06 pm

Athers wrote:why bid £15m more than a bid which by all accounts has already been accepted.
I would presume in order for Milan to feck Madrid off.

However, as ever, I'm suspicious of the figures.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:11 pm

£15m extra a bit much though surely. Kaka seems like the sort of chap who will go where he wants to go for footballing reasons, else he would've signed for City for the money.

I'd bid the same and then just play the Ancellotti card.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Kaka to Madrid?

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:12 pm

AC Milan are struggling to keep hold of star midfielder Kaka as reports emerged that Real Madrid had agreed a world record £56m transfer for the Brazilian.
You mean we've missed him ?

Megson out !!!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Athers wrote:£15m extra a bit much though surely. Kaka seems like the sort of chap who will go where he wants to go for footballing reasons, else he would've signed for City for the money.

I'd bid the same and then just play the Ancellotti card.
Know what you mean and cuddly Carlo may swing it, unless Ricky fancies keeping a bit warmer. As HP points out, Brazilians have traditionally done far better in Spain than England, and I believe La Liga may be more widely available Brazilian TV.

What I meant was not that Kaka will be swayed by wages - although his advisers are apparently asking the earth - but that Milan may ask Madrid to up their bid beyond what Perez and his flunkies can afford.

Besides, you never know how long a Madrid manager will last, and that's not the same at Chelsea, right?