FAO Sunderland fans browsing the forum

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

FAO Sunderland fans browsing the forum

Post by Bruno » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:47 pm

Looking forward to having a back four comprising Anton Ferdinand and Titus Bramble next year?
Was right all along

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:43 pm

They've been quiet of late haven't they? When they bought EHD they were full of Champion's League talk.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:42 pm

World class chairman with world class manager buying world class talent for world class fans or somert?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:46 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:World class chairman with world class manager buying world class talent for world class fans or somert?
And don't forget the " We can come and take who we want from your poxy little club anytime" :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Tawdry club. We are not poxy, we are tawdry.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:53 pm

I thought we were wank?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:57 pm

Prufrock wrote:Tawdry club. We are not poxy, we are tawdry.
Beg your pardon m'lud. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Tawdry club. We are not poxy, we are tawdry.
Beg your pardon m'lud. :wink:
It is important we know our place precisely.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:06 pm

I believe I was even one of those quoted on one of their forums, when I suggested that they'd be involved in a relegation battle.

Well, how wrong I was. And how they must be laughing at my silliness, now....
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:08 am

americantrotter wrote:I thought we were wank?
no, wanky

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:02 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:World class chairman with world class manager buying world class talent for world class fans or somert?
And don't forget the " We can come and take who we want from your poxy little club anytime" :wink:
book marked :wink:

Perhaps you would care to do a direct swap of resources then ?? no ?........thought not .

Feck sake, just one of our fans forums has twice the members that you take to local derbies.. fact.

Still you do a good job with what you have and in real terms, signified by actions from within the club , not slack patter on here, you very much do know your place. So thats alright

Good luck in the transfer window , but you can relax, we wont be taking anything from you this year, i dont think, nowt we really want, Jussi as a stop gap and Davies maybe, maybe Chris Bash can wait his contract out and come home ( haway Chris, the quay awaits) . Other than that ? nowt.

Bitey enough for ya?? :D

Seriously..good luck this season lads.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:05 pm

You gonna admit youre shit yet?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:05 pm

madmarx wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Perhaps you would care to do a direct swap of resources then ?? no ?........thought not .

Feck sake, just one of our fans forums has twice the members that you take to local derbies.. fact.

Still you do a good job with what you have and in real terms, signified by actions from within the club , not slack patter on here, you very much do know your place. So thats alright

Good luck in the transfer window , but you can relax, we wont be taking anything from you this year, i dont think, nowt we really want, Jussi as a stop gap and Davies maybe, maybe Chris Bash can wait his contract out and come home ( haway Chris, the quay awaits) . Other than that ? nowt.

The fact half of them have to re-register each visit because they can't spell their login has nothing to do with that 'fact' no? :roll:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:15 pm

madmarx wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

That would be the Jussi who has already turned you down once?

Face it whatever you say about resources at least we're not in the forgotten shit hole that is the North East. Nobody would go there through choice.

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:21 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:You gonna admit youre shit yet?
I admitted we were shit last season...said we were the worst team in the league and i still believe we were on back half performances... too many CCC wannabes and the better players were poorly motivated by poor old sad rick.

The fact remains as i also said at the time IF.. we stay up..iF..we will have the resources at our disposal to change that ..we stayed up, we have the resouces.

Logically one must hope for better. Has your potential improved over last years finish?

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
madmarx wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Face it whatever you say about resources at least we're not in the forgotten shit hole that is the North East. Nobody would go there through choice.
My your an angry little Qunt arent you...... :D :D

Shouldnt you be at some BNP meeting or other?? seems popular in the North west.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:27 pm

madmarx wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
madmarx wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Not on this board pal!! Are you allowed to vote up there yet? Or can you all mange to read the ballot slips now?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:27 pm

And there seems to be a 44-page thread about the BNP on the Ready To Go website. Just sayin', like.

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:37 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:And there seems to be a 44-page thread about the BNP on the Ready To Go website. Just sayin', like.
Sure is mate, its an ever present thread on our boards, ( it do get very political) most of it is around debating the democratic right to free speach, and the actions of the left in non peacful protest , not supporting the BNP manifesto. Although we do have our BNP numpties and wind up merchants, they are thankfully in the minority ( if more vocal)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:38 pm

madmarx wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
madmarx wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Truth hurts does it? In your heart of hearts you know the North East is a dump. And whilst the North West might not be much better at least we're a well connected dump, compared to an isolated, desolate forgotten hell hole of a place.

As for resources, you spent about 6 times more than us last year. Didn't do you much good. Still throw enough around and you'll get it right eventually, either that or the rich ones will get bored of their play thing and dump you like Portsmouth and Newcastle.

Either way best you can ever hope for is a Europa spot and we've been in the equivalent of that twice.

So have fun and remember you won't be doing owt we haven't done!