Diouf ... flawed genius

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:04 am

I'll always have fond memories of diouf, when he was good he was ace, when he was crap you forgot.

plenty won't, most at all the other clubs he's played for/will play for

but he won't be back here, no chance

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:01 am

hoboh2o wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
William the White wrote:To keep it short... very flawed, very, very long way from genius...
I wouldn't touch him with the proverbial

Hes afcuking liability and his public 'i'm off' when we needed him and general sulking around turned it all sour for me

But, his ability is unquestionable

African Footballer of the Year (twice, I think) something Okocha never won

The bloke isn't world class, but only cos his heads screwed

Ability wise, he's as good as owt we've had
Indeed got the ability, lacks the mental application!
I'd argue he was more of a tosspot than anything and question this so called ability!! Even average players do the stunning and unexpected now and then, Diouf was no different and he was one lazy feck to boot.
TBH I would not have him at a club at any level, the mans a dick!
Just turn the computer off

You're making a dick of yourself
Sto ut Serviam

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
William the White wrote:To keep it short... very flawed, very, very long way from genius...
I wouldn't touch him with the proverbial

Hes afcuking liability and his public 'i'm off' when we needed him and general sulking around turned it all sour for me

But, his ability is unquestionable

African Footballer of the Year (twice, I think) something Okocha never won

The bloke isn't world class, but only cos his heads screwed

Ability wise, he's as good as owt we've had
Indeed got the ability, lacks the mental application!
I'd argue he was more of a tosspot than anything and question this so called ability!! Even average players do the stunning and unexpected now and then, Diouf was no different and he was one lazy feck to boot.
TBH I would not have him at a club at any level, the mans a dick!
Just turn the computer off

You're making a dick of yourself
The eyesight goes with age mate you'd best get checked out!!! Diouf was average for 95% of his time here and for a portion of that he was even less than average.
If you count winding folk and the oppos up HE WAS GOOD at that otherwise ? well have we missed his stupendous goal imput?
Taylors a better deal!

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:46 am

Diouf was capable of so much more than he showed on the field, particularly after the first season or two. But if he always played to the best of his ability, he'd never have come to Bolton. In terms of mental coaching Allardyce probably did him a world of good, but in terms of playing, Allardyce's style probably didn't do him any favors. Diouf seemed to be content trying to beat the fullback 12 times and win a corner. Another manager might have pushed him to show his ability more. But it was the same story with Jay-Jay, eh?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:31 am

I might get crucified for this but I would have him back in a heart beat, he was a nutter but he was our nutter and think he was one of those players who raised the fans. You raise the fans and you raise the team, at the moment at the 'Bok we lack that. Not the fans fault I know but sometimes it isn't always the team's either
Pfffft.

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:40 am

TKIZ! wrote:I might get crucified for this but I would have him back in a heart beat, he was a nutter but he was our nutter and think he was one of those players who raised the fans. You raise the fans and you raise the team, at the moment at the 'Bok we lack that. Not the fans fault I know but sometimes it isn't always the team's either

100% this.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Bruno wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:I might get crucified for this but I would have him back in a heart beat, he was a nutter but he was our nutter and think he was one of those players who raised the fans. You raise the fans and you raise the team, at the moment at the 'Bok we lack that. Not the fans fault I know but sometimes it isn't always the team's either

100% this.
Cheers Bruno.
Pfffft.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:25 am

I wouldn't re-sign Diouf. There's a chance that being back at his spiritual home would kick him out of the torpor he's been in for the last few years. There's a better chance that he'll continue to be totally mediocre.