Wes Brown is better than Gary Cahill

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Can't understand this "My Club" small mindedness to be honest. I enjoy watching our international sides at all sports. Football being no different.

I certainly wouldn't want to see the end of international football, so, I'd have to support any Bolton players that got called up.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Can't understand this "My Club" small mindedness to be honest. I enjoy watching our international sides at all sports. Football being no different.

I certainly wouldn't want to see the end of international football, so, I'd have to support any Bolton players that got called up.
I guess thats all down to personal taste. I enjoy world cups but think there is way too much international football.

I'm certainly of the opinion Bolton first, England and everything else a very distant second.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:46 pm

boltonboris wrote:It is a concern of ours really, because it show's that as players, they're doing the right things and being rewarded. Plus international players have bigger sell on potential
Yes but my stipulation was I know that one side-effect of having good players is they WILL end up playing for their countries. But as a Bolton fan I'd rather they didn't but were still just as good!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Can't understand this "My Club" small mindedness to be honest. I enjoy watching our international sides at all sports. Football being no different.

I guess thats all down to personal taste. I enjoy world cups but think there is way too much international football.

I'm certainly of the opinion Bolton first, England and everything else a very distant second.
I just think that if I was SKD and there was a chance that I'd score the winner in the WCF and maybe get injured in the process and be out for a season. I'd still pick getting the winner in the WCF. :mrgreen:

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I just think that if I was SKD and there was a chance that I'd score the winner in the WCF and maybe get injured in the process and be out for a season. I'd still pick getting the winner in the WCF. :mrgreen:
The only way SKD could get injured in that scenario would be if Fat Frank fell on him in the ensuing celebrations!
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Brown is in as a right back. We did this last time. Means he has more places for 27 wingers. He clearly rates Cahill, and barring injury massive feck up he is definitely going to get his chance, so I'm not sure it is an issue right now.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.