Benitez .... prick

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:28 am

rockthereebok wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
Now, Johnson for £17 million was a different and entirely more retarded matter. Liverpool do not have that kind of money so Lord knows why they approved that.
Well over the summer they actually spent very little overall, given the sales of Alonso and Arbeloa - in fact they may even have made a profit so that's why.

If we sold someone for £30million I'm sure we'd be allowed to sign someone else for £17million.
Not if you believe George Gillett. Apparently we had a transfer kitty of £22-23m, and that Alonso's sale went straight into that, too. It's just that pesky Benitez not wanting to spend money that's clearly there in abundance... :crazy:

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:59 am

blurred wrote:
rockthereebok wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
Now, Johnson for £17 million was a different and entirely more retarded matter. Liverpool do not have that kind of money so Lord knows why they approved that.
Well over the summer they actually spent very little overall, given the sales of Alonso and Arbeloa - in fact they may even have made a profit so that's why.

If we sold someone for £30million I'm sure we'd be allowed to sign someone else for £17million.
Not if you believe George Gillett. Apparently we had a transfer kitty of £22-23m, and that Alonso's sale went straight into that, too. It's just that pesky Benitez not wanting to spend money that's clearly there in abundance... :crazy:
That would make him a prick, then. Yes? :wink:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:59 am

blurred wrote:
rockthereebok wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:

You believe that Blurred? Or do you think he's just trying to keep some off the heat of the owners at the moment? Would seem odd for Benitez not to spend it given most of the footballing world could see you needed a left back and a striker as well as a right back and Alonso replacement. Also surely no one in their right mind signs Krygywhatsit unless cash is a problem?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Prufrock wrote:
blurred wrote:Not if you believe George Gillett. Apparently we had a transfer kitty of £22-23m, and that Alonso's sale went straight into that, too. It's just that pesky Benitez not wanting to spend money that's clearly there in abundance... :crazy:
You believe that Blurred? Or do you think he's just trying to keep some off the heat of the owners at the moment? Would seem odd for Benitez not to spend it given most of the footballing world could see you needed a left back and a striker as well as a right back and Alonso replacement. Also surely no one in their right mind signs Krygywhatsit unless cash is a problem?
Who's trying to keep heat off the owners? Gillett has come out and said that we've got this pile of cash, that we're in an good financial position, that we outspent all our rivals, that we've coughed up loads of cash for transfers, that they bought the club with their own money...

It's all a complete load of horseshit. Pure, unadulterated horseshit.

His quotes:
Rafa had the money from Xabi plus another 22-23 [million pounds] this close season in addition to the money that came from selling to buy players. There is no leakage in the system - whatever came in plus whatever we had given him as part of our budgets he had available.
We have put £128 million in to buy players on top of what’s come in in the last 18 months
All these prices are rough estimates (and I don't think I've missed anyone out), but can we see where this £128m on top of what we've brought in has been spent? Or where this budget of £22-23m has gone? I'll accept that some of it may well have been balanced out extending the contracts of the likes of Gerrard and Torres, but seriously...

Players bought:

Robbie Keane - £19m
Andrea Dossena - £7m
Alberto Aquilani - £20m
Glen Johnson - £18m
Albert Riera - £8m
Diego Cavalieri - £4m
David N'Gog - £1.5m
Sotirios Kyrgiakos - £1.5m

Total = £79m

Players sold:

Robbie Keane - £15m
Xabi Alonso - £30m
Peter Crouch - £11m
Alvaro Arbeloa - £3.5m
John Arne Riise - £4m
Scott Carson - £4m
Sebastian Leto - £3m
Danny Guthrie - £2.25m
Paul Anderson - £0.25m

Total = £73m
Any comments on the stadium came from Hicks. I think what happened was Hicks was absolutely convinced that we were going to start to move dirt to make for the foundations. In the period of time between Hicks saying that and the sixty day , the entire world credit market fell apart and I believe that he ended up with big egg on his face, making it look like he’d said something and then not living up to what he’d said and that was a mistake on his part... The one thing I plead guilty to is that I have a partner promised a spade in the ground within 60 days and then credit markets collapsed.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure it's you who says it here, not Mr Hicks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMyKZjxmjQE
The club had £40-80m debt when we bought it, but no earnings. We have invested massively. We have put more money in than anyone, than Man City with the craziness they have got
The club is extraordinarily good financial condition
Don't make me fecking laugh

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:06 pm

They really do seem to take fans for mugs, but what a surprise that is

When's the next refinancing due?
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Athers wrote:They really do seem to take fans for mugs, but what a surprise that is
Most fans don't care, though.
Athers wrote:When's the next refinancing due?
Oh, probably another year or so. Unless they can find some lovely 14% loans like the PIK ones they were looking at in the last few months, then we'll be swimming in cash and be in an even more extraordinarily good situation...

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Trade in your old gold and silverware for cash, I've seen it on those adverts on telly...............that should raise you a few bob

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Bruno wrote:Trade in your old gold and silverware for cash, I've seen it on those adverts on telly...............that should raise you a few bob
Give over... Nobody can buy their history

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:15 am

Well, so think the FA ... but they bottled actually saying " ... in fact, we think he's a prick"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 232355.stm
Benitez warned after ref gesture
The Football Association has warned Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez over his future conduct in interviews following a gesture he made at referee Phil Dowd.

Benitez was found guilty of being a prick by making an "objectively offensive" gesture after a 2-1 defeat by Tottenham on 16 August. He had responded to a question about Dowd by removing his glasses from a pocket and examining them. Benitez was cleared of two aspects of the same misconduct charge regarding his comments about Dowd after the game.

The Spaniard was angry that Liverpool were denied two penalties at White Hart Lane in their defeat on the opening day of the season. He attended an independent regulatory commission hearing in Manchester on Tuesday, where he denied a charge of improper conduct relating to comments he made to the media after the match and escaped a touchline ban or fine, but accepted the main charge of being an utter knob-wipe.

A statement by the FA said: "A regulatory commission of the FA has found Mr Rafael Benitez guilty of misconduct in relation to a breach of FA Rule E3 ... 'Being a Prick', arising out of a gesture made by him during a post-match briefing. The commission concluded the gesture was objectively offensive, especially coming from a person of such obvious low calibre himself. Two other aspects of the misconduct charge against Mr Benitez were dismissed by the commission.

"The commission noted Mr Benitez's previous exemplary disciplinary record over 23 years as a coach and manager at the highest level of the sport. It was agreed that he had such a good record because he has worked at prominent clubs with huge PR teams and budgets, so up to now he's been allowed to get away with everything. "... but, no longer ..." said the FA statement. "... from now on we will treat him like the prick he is, until next time when we'll find more excuses to treat him leniently", the statement continued.

"Taking into account all relevant factors and the difficulty he faces in these respects because he is, of course, such an absolte prick, the commission concluded that the appropriate penalty was to warn Mr Benitez as to his future conduct with regards to interviews and press briefings. They would prefer him not to be such a nice person, but realise this is not realistic."

A statement from Liverpool added: "The commission found that two of the allegations relating to comments made about the match referee were not proven and so did not happen and therefore dismissed. On a third, the commission accepted that a gesture made with a pair of spectacles was 'in a non-malicious and humorous manner' and, of course, everything done by Liverpudlians, even honourary ones, is always humerous, so it's the officials fault for not realising this.."

Liverpool assistant manager Sammy Lee also faces an improper conduct charge for being extremely short, round and red-of-face during the same match.

Lee, 50, was sent to the stands for continually putting the positives toward fourth official Stuart Attwell.

A permanent floral tribute will be left to the pair at the Shankley Gates.

An appeal to Jack Straw will be made in a couple of weeks time at which he will realise that it was, in fact, David Moyes who did these things at an entirely different game.

"Megson Out" the FA statement concluded.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Maginificent Bobo, magnificent... :pray:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:50 pm

Benitez was charged for removing his glasses and cleaning them during a tv interview. Neil Warnock, on the same weekend, was not charged for this:

That's why they dismissed it.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:06 pm

blurred wrote:Benitez was charged for removing his glasses and cleaning them during a tv interview. Neil Warnock, on the same weekend, was not charged for this:

That's why they dismissed it.

:lmfao:

If Benitez had done that he would at least be a prick with a sense of humour.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:48 pm

http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:39 pm

http://store.liverpoolfc.tv/products/so ... /pid-28099

Best ten quid ever spent.

In other news, Man City are said to be preparing a £26m bid in January for the balloon.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:58 pm

:pray: The beach ball!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Bewilderingly, he's not really made a big issue about the beachball !! Maybe he's not a prick afer all ??

Ah, bllx.... yes he is !

(to be honest, when I first saw it I thought it was Sammy Lee)
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:30 pm

[quote="Verbal"]http://store.liverpoolfc.tv/products/so ... /pid-28099

Best ten quid ever spent.

In other news, Man City are said to be preparing a £26m bid in January for the balloon.[/quote

City want Zat Knight?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:39 pm

"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Bewilderingly, he's not really made a big issue about the beachball !! Maybe he's not a prick afer all ??

Ah, bllx.... yes he is !

(to be honest, when I first saw it I thought it was Sammy Lee)
Just imagine how much noise he would have made if that beach ball had a Sunderland badge on it and it had been thrown on by some Mackem pikey. He would have been frothing at the mouth and the bindippers would be holding a 24-hour vigil in Liverpool Cathedral prior to organising a campaign. :wink:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:11 pm

I would guess the club told him not to call attention to yet more disgraceful behavior from the Liverpool fans.