"Worst away end in football"

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

"Worst away end in football"

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:26 pm

I lifted this off our 606 page so sorry if I'm stealing someone's thunder if they post on here too.

http://www.footballspotter.com/worst-football/

looks inviting!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Some of us stood in that at Doncaster in 86 ish
Sto ut Serviam

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:34 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Some of us stood in that at Doncaster in 86 ish
Belle Vue? Herded into the cage in the corner? Yes that was grim but it was good giving Peacock plenty though.

When I saw the title of the thread I immediately thought of the away end at The Den, but that was probably more to them having perfected their throwing of lumps of concrete at us by bouncing them over the segregation net and rebounding them off the underside of the roof. Cockney c*nts.

Fellows Park. Also 86 ish. A full piece of asbestos roofing slid off and just missed some guys at the front (I also seem to remember us having two sent off that game. (Cross and O'Ghani?)

Springfield Park. 1,000 of us stood on a grass banking. A grass fecking banking! :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Historically - well Bristol City and Walsall in the old days were truly miserable... for a mixture of the miserable, violent Port Vale was hard to beat... for the least frightening away fans of the days of violence and hatred it's a tie between Bury and Fulham... for 'faciities' the only thing worse than the pits of Brnden were those of Marseilles in the stadium not fit for a bike ride...

For now - in the Prem Everton is the worst - just horrible in every way, welcome, weather, view, fans, pubs, city. not going to Goodison again ever - short of this year's FA Cup 6th round...

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:30 pm

William the White wrote:
For now - in the Prem Everton is the worst - just horrible in every way, welcome, weather, view, fans, pubs, city. not going to Goodison again ever - short of this year's FA Cup 6th round...
Don't mind Everton - place has a bit of character that some modern stadia lack.

And at least the fans aren't Liverpool fans. :conf:

Anyway, those wooden seats were good enough for Henrik when we beat them 4-0 there in December 2005(?). :D

I seem to recall, way way back (for me) that our new manager likes it there too...

And Liverpool - Capital of Culture nonsense aside, does have its good bits.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Acebwfc66
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Acebwfc66 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Belle Vue? Herded into the cage in the corner? Yes that was grim but it was good giving Peacock plenty though.

When I saw the title of the thread I immediately thought of the away end at The Den, but that was probably more to them having perfected their throwing of lumps of concrete at us by bouncing them over the segregation net and rebounding them off the underside of the roof. Cockney c*nts.

Fellows Park. Also 86 ish. A full piece of asbestos roofing slid off and just missed some guys at the front (I also seem to remember us having two sent off that game. (Cross and O'Ghani?)

Springfield Park. 1,000 of us stood on a grass banking. A grass fecking banking! :shock:

Belle Vue was by far the worst, it had a bloody chicken wire roof on it as well. York, Bradford, Bristol City, Wolves in 4th div, Scarborough, Halifax, sh!thole springfield park, although Chester in the snow was best even Bolton fan fighting each other with snowballs then lamping Felgate for the craic.

Happy days, eh!!!

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:34 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:When I saw the title of the thread I immediately thought of the away end at The Den, but that was probably more to them having perfected their throwing of lumps of concrete at us by bouncing them over the segregation net and rebounding them off the underside of the roof. Cockney c*nts.
Am I the only one impressed by this? They must be awesome at mini-golf.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:24 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Yes.

And when it was rammed, in the rain (FRT, Northern Section Final), it was even worse. Muddy slopes. Uncle Joes Mintballs. Feck off.

The Shay wasn't that good, either...
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:14 am

Aye, on a freezing cold day with the flu. Not a happy memory.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:56 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:When I saw the title of the thread I immediately thought of the away end at The Den, but that was probably more to them having perfected their throwing of lumps of concrete at us by bouncing them over the segregation net and rebounding them off the underside of the roof. Cockney c*nts.
There was no golf being played

One year we went in front very early doors

May even have been 2 up

We lost 5-2, thank the lord

Got back to the bus, not a window intact
Sto ut Serviam

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:41 pm

I remember Barnsley's away end being a bit sh*t, crumbling terrace and that and wasn't Tranmere's the same?.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:32 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:

May even have been 2 up

It's the only game I've ever been at where I hoped we'd lose.

I remember walking past your coach; they'd even smashed the lights.

Little did me and my mates know at that moment that we were walking towards an ambush.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:28 pm

QPR

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Gary The Beaver wrote:QPR
good shout... worst view ever...

I recall southend being quite shite as well, in a corner in a cage and about 10 feet below pitch level.....
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:

May even have been 2 up

It's the only game I've ever been at where I hoped we'd lose.

I remember walking past your coach; they'd even smashed the lights.

Little did me and my mates know at that moment that we were walking towards an ambush.
Ambush at Bristol City the worst i ever experienced - with 8/9 year old son... You can imagine what that was like, covering my son's head with my coat and dashing towards a besieged coach as the bricks rained down... I've hated them ever since...