Wayne Bridge

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:48 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
Prufrock wrote:It's not about the relationship. I've said before, it's quite feasible Bridge is genuinley hurt by this. Keep your head down, and don't make a point of drawing attention to it. He knew all eyes would be on him, and he made a point of doing that. It seems childish to me. I'm not expecting him to be all laughy and jokey with Terry, but if he'd kept some dignity, and not drawn attention to it, I'd have far more respect for him.
Do you think that, by shaking Terry's hand, people wouldn't make a point of drawing attention to it? You'd have the people not castigating him for not shaking his hand, castigating him for "having no bollocks" and shaking his hand. This is why the amount of attention brought onto the whole saga is pathetic, and not what any of the protagonists now do.
Whoa whoa. I think Bridge is a bit of a cock for milking all the sympathy he can get. That comes no-where near my general depression at the whole episode. I mean, who cares. Not Bridge Terry and families, I mean who are the people who buy the papers that feeds this kind of stuff. It's wholly depressing. I got semi-angry at the fact Jonathan Pearce (who annoys me anyway) opened with questions to both managers and Shay Given on the whole thing, but then is it the media's fault, or is it the people who want to read this stuff? It's a vicous circle of wankery, the england team, and the people involved don't need. If it was me, then I wouldn't have retired from international football, and I would have shaken Terry's hand, because it's a Sky-friendly media nothing event, and I've had liked to have shown the media, and the idiots who jump on this stuff that I could rise above it, but then that's just me. Then I would enjoyed every minute of winning the match.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:00 am

Prufrock wrote:
KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
Prufrock wrote:It's not about the relationship. I've said before, it's quite feasible Bridge is genuinley hurt by this. Keep your head down, and don't make a point of drawing attention to it. He knew all eyes would be on him, and he made a point of doing that. It seems childish to me. I'm not expecting him to be all laughy and jokey with Terry, but if he'd kept some dignity, and not drawn attention to it, I'd have far more respect for him.
Do you think that, by shaking Terry's hand, people wouldn't make a point of drawing attention to it? You'd have the people not castigating him for not shaking his hand, castigating him for "having no bollocks" and shaking his hand. This is why the amount of attention brought onto the whole saga is pathetic, and not what any of the protagonists now do.
Whoa whoa. I think Bridge is a bit of a cock for milking all the sympathy he can get. That comes no-where near my general depression at the whole episode. I mean, who cares. Not Bridge Terry and families, I mean who are the people who buy the papers that feeds this kind of stuff. It's wholly depressing. I got semi-angry at the fact Jonathan Pearce (who annoys me anyway) opened with questions to both managers and Shay Given on the whole thing, but then is it the media's fault, or is it the people who want to read this stuff? It's a vicous circle of wankery, the england team, and the people involved don't need. If it was me, then I wouldn't have retired from international football, and I would have shaken Terry's hand, because it's a Sky-friendly media nothing event, and I've had liked to have shown the media, and the idiots who jump on this stuff that I could rise above it, but then that's just me. Then I would enjoyed every minute of winning the match.
chapter and verse on miling it please, Pru... where?

He isn't a publicity seeker that I can see... He's the one saying 'I retreat... and honourably... i won't play for england with Terry there but want us to win the world cup' or, in personla terms, not saying anything other than 'my child is the important thing...' This seems pretty honourable to me...

Let me urge you to allow yourself to consider for a little while, a few secs perhaps, that this is good coin... Maybe wrong, maybe this is actually cynical shite. but why should we not think pro footballers could be ordinary human beings with common feelings like the rest of us when life throws shit your way...

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:10 am

I was going to come on and ask how Bridge has been milking the sympathy. He's not, for example, the one who hired Max Clifford for the sole purpose of saying that they wanted to keep quiet about the whole thing. Or had information "leaked" that reconciliation talks of his marriage were to be held in Dubai, where "covert" paparazzi photos may be taken.

I feel sympathy has been milked on his behalf, and it needn't have been. His ex has bonked a married man who Bridge had down as a mate. It shouldn't be news. It certainly shouldn't be front page news. And it certainly shouldn't be front page news for such a time that twist and turn and episode after episode need be made out of it.

The only interest I'll have in this story tomorrow is which insensitive bastards will go with this, over the tragic events in Chile and what may follow throughout the Pacific Ocean in the next few hours, as ther main story in the morning.
Last edited by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:12 am

Wayne Bridge did feck all to bring attention to this. It was all driven by the meeja.

He did what any bloke who respects his own pride did, you don't kiss ass to the guy who shagged your missus. He's not paid you any respect, why should you in return?

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:02 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:I was going to come on and ask how Bridge has been milking the sympathy. He's not, for example, the one who hired Max Clifford for the sole purpose of saying that they wanted to keep quiet about the whole thing. Or had information "leaked" that reconciliation talks of his marriage were to be held in Dubai, where "covert" paparazzi photos may be taken.

I feel sympathy has been milked on his behalf, and it needn't have been. His ex has bonked a married man who Bridge had down as a mate. It shouldn't be news. It certainly shouldn't be front page news. And it certainly shouldn't be front page news for such a time that twist and turn and episode after episode need be made out of it.

The only interest I'll have in this story tomorrow is which insensitive bastards will go with this, over the tragic events in Chile and what may follow throughout the Pacific Ocean in the next few hours, as ther main story in the morning.
This .gif, illustrates that particular point....

That said, there's two threads on this subject spanning 7 pages, and none on the Chile earthquake, so who are the bastards? Everyone probably, because like it or not we've all been caught up in this ridiculous melodrama about absolutely feck all.

I do maintain however, that Bridge is a tart for refusing to shake Terry's hand. It's a bit of standard nonesense at the start of a football match, not some big symbol of his manhood. I'd have probably thought more of him had he punched him.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:31 am

The thing for me is, Terry comes out looking like a t*sser, as does Peroncel. Bridge comes out looking like a petty man, who happens to have been wronged. What does not shaking Terry's hand acheive? If he'd come out, kept his head down, and shaken Terry's hand, he'd have looked like the one with real class, and dignity. Instead, he has furthered the media shit storm about nothing. Ultimately KB is right, it's a wank story, and nothing compared to the real, serious events happening around the world, but whilst we are discussing it, Bridge to me comes out as petty. I also think it is naive to assume Bridge doesn't also have a PR company working overtime, it's just the PR approach they've taken is to play it low-key, then keep trickling stories like his refusal to play for England, and the handshake today to keep it going. It's a private matter, keep it private. If you are going to do something public, at least smack the wonky haired cockend in the face.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:47 am

There is of couse the othe explanation we have all missed. The reason Bridge didn't shake Terry's hand is because moments before, Terry said, "Smell my fingers".

:grin:

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:26 am

Can't say he's been milking it one bit, press may have on his behalf but he has nothing to do with that, shown more dignity than that wanker Terry has in his little toe, I would not shake the nice people hand either, that because I think he sums up everything that is wrong with the modern footballer, along with half his team mates in that grubby cheating team, their fans are idiots too....soon be an empty ground again once the money goes.

Always thought Terry was vastly overated too

Bellamy said some interesting things about it afterwards, something about we all knowing what Terry was like off the pitch!

All Bridge has done wrong is get mixed up and had a child with a money grabbing, fame obsessed sad wannabee, bet her parents are proud! Don't even get me started on the sad cow Terry is married to and her family!
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:29 am

Who really cares!! :roll:

There's more important things in the world like Tom said

The Argies are spoiling for a fight again!!! Should get some use out of those expensive cruise missiles we bought.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:24 pm

Hobinho wrote:Who really cares!! :roll:

There's more important things in the world like Tom said

The Argies are spoiling for a fight again!!! Should get some use out of those expensive cruise missiles we bought.
This.

Had customers in last night and the sole reason was to see the Bridge Terry encounter. Big deal.

LILYCOOL
Hopeful
Hopeful

great

Post by LILYCOOL » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:50 am

It was a fair game :)
I love FASHION BOOTS MOST.
Fantasy is the destination. Logic is the journey.