The toon army after Wilshere

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

as
Reliable
Reliable

The toon army after Wilshere

Post by as » Wed May 12, 2010 12:51 pm

CHRIS HUGHTON intends to convince Jack Wilshere he should spend next season on loan at Newcastle rather than head back to Bolton for another nine months.

The Newcastle boss started working on his transfer options for the summer a few weeks ago and Wilshere is prominent in his plans.

Hughton has known throughout that time that he would be given little funds to strengthen, so using the loan system and acquiring free signings has been in his thinking.

But Hughton hopes Arsenal and Wilshere will be receptive to the idea of the highly-rated midfielder heading to the North-East.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been satisfied with the experience the 18- year-old has gained from spending this season at the Reebok Stadium and is expected to give him the goahead to head out again from August.

Bolton boss Owen Coyle has admitted he will be doing his best to make sure Wilshere rejoins, but Newcastle are keen to convince him otherwise.

It is a task that will not be straight-forward because the player enjoyed his time in Lancashire, where he was given a standing ovation from the Bolton fans after Sunday’s 2-0 win over Birmingham City.

Hughton is hoping the prospect of being able to offer Wilshere the opportunity to play in front of 50,000-plus crowds at St James’ Park will prove more attractive to both Wenger and the player.

It promises to be a challenging summer for Hughton, who knows his hands are tied as he attempts to strengthen his squad.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley’s declaration to make no cash available for signings, made via a 1,000-plus word statement on Sunday, outlined an intention to see the club break even over the next five years and he wants much of the club’s success to be down to the Academy.

Before that happens, however, Hughton knows his first team needs to be tinkered with and, as well as Wilshere, he also has his eyes on Man United youngsters Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley.

Interestingly, following Sunday’s statement, Ashley felt he had to react to claims that he has tightened the purse strings this summer because he is looking at ways of recouping the cash he has already put in to the club.

The latest financial figures show Ashley has loaned the club £111m, which is repayable on request, and it has been suggested that he was ready to reduce that.

But Ashley said in a statement last night that he is “not looking for his interestfree loan to the club to be repaid, or to take any money out of the club”.

Same old barcodes - going on and on about how great their support is.

Pre-Sir John Hall and the return of Keegan they were getting 15k a week :roll:
Troll and proud of it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed May 12, 2010 1:00 pm

surely Wilshere has already said if he does go out on loan again - he's quite happy where he is?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Re: The toon army after Wilshere

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed May 12, 2010 1:13 pm

as wrote:
Hughton is hoping the prospect of being able to offer Wilshere the opportunity to play in front of 50,000-plus crowds at St James’ Park will prove more attractive to both Wenger and the player.
One season was all it took to forget how arrogant and self-deluded these bastards are.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed May 12, 2010 1:41 pm

their average dropped 10,000 below that last season. you used to hear all these sob stories about this dad and his lad could never get tickets to gan oop the toon. yet as soon as they drop a division they're no longer interested. 10,000 down for a club with absolutely nobody else around in competiton, is shite. wankers

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed May 12, 2010 1:46 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:their average dropped 10,000 below that last season. you used to hear all these sob stories about this dad and his lad could never get tickets to gan oop the toon. yet as soon as they drop a division they're no longer interested. 10,000 down for a club with absolutely nobody else around in competiton, is shite. wankers
apart from their PREMIERSHIP neighbours - Sun'land - ohhh how that must have grieved them... :wink:

Cheese
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: The toon army after Wilshere

Post by Cheese » Wed May 12, 2010 1:55 pm

as wrote:It is a task that will not be straight-forward because the player enjoyed his time in Lancashire, where he was given a standing ovation from the Bolton fans after Sunday’s 2-0 win over Birmingham City.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed May 12, 2010 2:09 pm

yeah but they are a whole different city. Newcastle as a city dont share a fanbase with another club like most other big cities do. so for this reason they are shithouses.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed May 12, 2010 3:37 pm

BMBC is bigger than Newcastle. Though the point still stands. Self absorbed bellends.

If I was Wenger, the last thing I would want is for one of my promising young lads to enter the goldfish bowl of Sid James Park. They'll all be baying for his blood if he isn't the next Whore Jackie or whatever it is they say. And its a notorious killing ground for young careers for the night life etc. I hope Wenger reads this, btw. Jack's better off here.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu May 13, 2010 10:38 am

Lord Kangana wrote:BMBC is bigger than Newcastle. Though the point still stands. Self absorbed bellends.

If I was Wenger, the last thing I would want is for one of my promising young lads to enter the goldfish bowl of Sid James Park. They'll all be baying for his blood if he isn't the next Whore Jackie or whatever it is they say. And its a notorious killing ground for young careers for the night life etc. I hope Wenger reads this, btw. Jack's better off here.
Tyneside is bigger than BMBC. 3 times bigger.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 13, 2010 10:56 am

General Mannerheim wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:BMBC is bigger than Newcastle. Though the point still stands. Self absorbed bellends.

we are talking about Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council, aren't we?

rockthereebok
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by rockthereebok » Thu May 13, 2010 11:47 am

Always nice to see a top class piece of journalism full of insight and relevent quotes.

Sadly, this is a speculative piece of shite.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 13, 2010 11:57 am

rockthereebok wrote:Always nice to see a top class piece of journalism full of insight and relevent quotes.

sadly??

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu May 13, 2010 12:08 pm

Tyneside is an area, if you're playing that game, then we're part of Greater Manchester and there are over 2m people in the local area.
Troll and proud of it.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 13, 2010 12:15 pm

as wrote:

Tyneside is an area, if you're playing that game, then we're part of Greater Manchester and there are over 2m people in the local area.
With 4 Premier League football clubs.... 1 of which, is the biggest supported club in the world with years upon years of glory, another one is the richest football club in the world.

Who do they have to compete with in the likes of Newcastle City, Durham, Gateshead etc...

Nobody... They're the only club
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu May 13, 2010 12:21 pm

boltonboris wrote:
as wrote:

With 4 Premier League football clubs.... 1 of which, is the biggest supported club in the world with years upon years of glory, another one is the richest football club in the world.

Who do they have to compete with in the likes of Newcastle City, Durham, Gateshead etc...

Nobody... They're the only club
When did Barcelona relocate to Greater Manchester?
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu May 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Newcastle dominates the whole region. Everywhere north of the river Tyne is black & white while so is plenty south of the river such as Gateshead, South Tyneside & in Durham.

Obviously there's Sunderland but they have another small region to themselves.

Also key - don't find many Man Utd, Arsenal etc fans in Newcastle schools.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Thu May 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Athers wrote:Newcastle dominates the whole region. Everywhere north of the river Tyne is black & white while so is plenty south of the river such as Gateshead, South Tyneside & in Durham.

Obviously there's Sunderland but they have another small region to themselves.

Also key - don't find many Man Utd, Arsenal etc fans in Newcastle schools.
Since when did they have schools ;)
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu May 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Didn't say Tyneside, said Newcastle. So ner.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

rockthereebok
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by rockthereebok » Mon May 17, 2010 12:49 pm

thebish wrote:
rockthereebok wrote:Always nice to see a top class piece of journalism full of insight and relevent quotes.

sadly??
Sadly from the point of view of the love of the written word.

Obviously, I don't want them to get their hands on him and I don't think they'll even try... Fingers crossed...

And I've just found this story, where Houghton seems to be holding an actual goldfish bowl...