Keys and Gray...

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Re: Keys and Gray...

Post by Verbal » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:26 pm

Interesting read this, if not terribly surprising...

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-s ... ray-melvin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:27 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:Well Gray seems like he should know what he's talking about so it must be Keys, I'm sure he used to be on breakfast tele or summat.
Yeah Sky got him from TVAM ifaik.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:50 pm

a1 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
I think you're reading it correctly. How convenient.
yeah just off camera one of rupert's bodyguards is holding a loaded gun at him thus forcing him to be a knobhead.
Not quite - Not hearing any reporting about the investigation into where the leak has come from into something that wasn't broadcast nor intended to broadcast though. Maybe in all the over-hyped reporting they just forgot to mention it eh?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Keys has resigned.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
a1 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
yeah just off camera one of rupert's bodyguards is holding a loaded gun at him thus forcing him to be a knobhead.
Not quite - Not hearing any reporting about the investigation into where the leak has come from into something that wasn't broadcast nor intended to broadcast though. Maybe in all the over-hyped reporting they just forgot to mention it eh?
IIRC, most of it has been openly leaked by Sky. After the original audio had been given to the MoS, Sky released a high-quality version of it, and then released the video of the conversation between Burton and Gray.

That's what they said on Talksport yesterday morning anyway, read into it what you will.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
a1 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
They might feel hard done by, but I'm fairly sure they'll have something in their contract about upholding Sky's reputation. Something that, whether or not they meant it broadcast, they have failed to do. I'm not sure there's a question of whether or not they should or should not be sacked, it's fairly clear Sky had the option either way and it so it depended on the attitude they wanted to portray. I think personally it's a good thing for the game. 'I didn't know I was being recorded' doesn't seem to me a particularly good defence for moronic comments and dick waving. Nor does 'other people get away with it'. As for the investigation, I'd be very surprised if the person responsible was very quietly found and fooked off. That or it's a conspiracy.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:45 pm

I'm not here to win a f*cking popularity contest
Someone says this a work and its considered worthy of being put into print as evidence?

Theres nothing in any of that article thats revlatory whatsoever. I'm not suggesting that it makes it right. Just that its clear (from my seat) that Sky wanted the pair out, and what better way to create a stir for the "new look" Sky Sports coming to you in super duper all round smellyvision.

They'll be telling us politicians fiddle expenses next.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Fuss about nowt really what they going to do chuck fans out the ground on mass when one of the fem fatales drops a clanger in a cricial game? Men have to live with it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:40 pm

Hoboh wrote:Fuss about nowt really what they going to do chuck fans out the ground on mass when one of the fem fatales drops a clanger in a cricial game? Men have to live with it.
no - but that's not really the point, is it? nobody is accused of dissing an official for dropping a clanger.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:26 am

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Fuss about nowt really what they going to do chuck fans out the ground on mass when one of the fem fatales drops a clanger in a cricial game? Men have to live with it.
no - but that's not really the point, is it? nobody is accused of dissing an official for dropping a clanger.
So there was no suggestion about an offside desicion then?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:18 am

Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:
So there was no suggestion about an offside desicion then?
They said it before the game, before she'd made any decisions to be judged on.

And then to make it worse she got all the decisions right throughout the game!

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:39 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:They could have picked a hot one. Jackson is dog rough. Give me Millie Clode any day
You are clearly gay :whack:

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:42 am

She has a face for radio.

She's no Millie :swoon:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:13 am

Prufrock wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
a1 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
They might feel hard done by, but I'm fairly sure they'll have something in their contract about upholding Sky's reputation. Something that, whether or not they meant it broadcast, they have failed to do. I'm not sure there's a question of whether or not they should or should not be sacked, it's fairly clear Sky had the option either way and it so it depended on the attitude they wanted to portray. I think personally it's a good thing for the game. 'I didn't know I was being recorded' doesn't seem to me a particularly good defence for moronic comments and dick waving. Nor does 'other people get away with it'. As for the investigation, I'd be very surprised if the person responsible was very quietly found and fooked off. That or it's a conspiracy.
I'd be with more inclined to that line of thinking, if for example, they'd been larging it in a pub somewhere and someone had recorded it on a mobile 'phone. Then, I think Sky would have reasonable grounds for contending that they'd put something in the public domain that didn't represent the best interests of Sky. As it happens, someone else has put something in the public domain (even though Keys and Gray gave them the opportunity in the first place). I leave my keys in my car, but your crime is still larger if you drive off in it without my permission - that said you'd probably get off with the mitigation that I'd put temptation in your path...The fact that this has been deliberately leaked by (probably) another Sky employee, raises the question in my mind as to who is more culpable. The people that said what they said, lets call them dinosaurs for a minute - it's the sort of frothing invective that keeps all the "nu-men" happy, or the people who leaked the footage?

The things that have been leaked, to my mind, are management issues that should be resolved "in house" at the time of the event, so why wasn't the December incident with Gray addressed at the time? Well, because no one felt it was worth reporting to management at the time. That could have been because there was this infamous "culture of intimidation". If that's the reason, then it's something that the Sky management team should have addressed, given some people are saying it's been around for a while, some time ago. Either their management team knew about it and ignored it or they didn't know about it, in which case they're clueless fecks and probably need moving on for that, or the third possibility is it doesn't really exist. I don't buy the notion that after fronting the show for 19 years 10 months, they suddenly swallowed a "sexist" pill just so Sky management could flex their muscles and show they were up with the times.

I don't think it's good for the game, nor do I think it's bad for the game, directly, that one's been sacked and the other resigned. I think the game will go on regardless. What's transpired here is nothing short of a lynch mob mentality. Trial by media - as we're seeing more and more of in the papers, on TV and Radio - plenty of which is controlled by the person who's organisation is in question here. Some of the commentary has been way over the top.

Listening to Keys' radio interview yesterday, other than it was plenty arse-cringing, it was interesting to note that most of the women callers after the interview were supportive of Keys and said it was a bit of owt and nowt. That could of course have been because they were pre-selected before they got through to the show. Most of the complainants seemed to be blokes.

What's more serious here? The fact that two blokes have been a bit OTT "blokeish"? The fact an employee took it on their own shoulders to put "off-air" information into the public domain? The fact that none of this was stopped earlier by their management? Or maybe in todays "modern" society, that the board of the company that employs them all, manages just one female Board level Director (out of 17 in total), who I suspect they "acquired" during the take-over of Dow Jones as she just happened to be the daughter of the previous owners...

Storm in a teacup. And probably the wrong storm in the wrong teacup.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:23 am

Gray is a bully. Keys is his groupie.

Neither one looks too hot in HD.

Good riddance. It's not like they've done badly from their media careers.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:She has a face for radio.

Aye ok.... :crazy: Millie's up there, and Georgie's certainly starting to go ever so slightly doonhill, but Chaz is still tops

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:05 pm

Excellent post worthy.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:17 pm

She has THE most magnificent arse!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:She's no Millie :swoon:
Funny, Batman had a thing for her as well. What an interesting coincidence.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:42 pm

fatshaft wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:She has a face for radio.

Aye ok.... :crazy: Millie's up there, and Georgie's certainly starting to go ever so slightly doonhill, but Chaz is still tops

:oyea:

Fatshaft tops the list for post of year..................