DMB Neville retires

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

DMB Neville retires

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Man Utd defender Gary Neville retires

Manchester United defender Gary Neville has announced his retirement from professional football.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 385692.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: DMB Neville retires

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Off to Sky?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:02 pm

He was dire last time I saw him play so not surprised.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:35 pm

He perfectly summed up what's wrong with English football.

An average yet steady player in a good club side. At international level compared to his counterparts he looked a leaden footed duffer that couldn't get beyond the halfway line.

An absolute cock as well. Sod off - you wont be missed
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:36 pm

I was a little surprised to see that Spurs had a plan to sign him during the transfer window that just slammed shut...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:37 pm

was that not his brother?

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:42 pm

He complimented Beckham well. Mainly because he doubled up as Beckham's legs and did all the running for him.

He struggled to partner anyone else down the right. Probably because no-one else could stand the little rat faced cuntbubble.

I hate him. He used to play cricket for Greenmount when I was at Kearsley (U15s). Him, Phil and his dad. All nice people to a man/boy.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:53 pm

jaffka wrote:was that not his brother?
no - funnily enough - it wasn't...

http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/footbal ... w_1_790971

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:04 pm

are you sure bish?
The Spurs boss had targeted Neville at the very start of the January window, and admitted his interest half way through the month.

However, chairman Daniel Levy declined to make a bid, and the Lilywhites’ first offer of £250,000 was only registered on Saturday afternoon.

Having been rebuffed, Tottenham returned with a £500,000 bid for the 34-year-old on Monday – and Redknapp admits that that was far too late, and far too low.

“I don’t blame David [Moyes] for not letting him go,” said the Spurs boss. “We have been interested now for the last six weeks or so, ever since the window opened, and for him to lose him [Neville] on the last day would have been difficult – it would have been hard for him to replace him.

“Neville was available for six weeks. We could have got him earlier. We could have tried earlier and David was quite right not to sell him, his captain.

“It was a pretty low offer for a good player. I couldn’t argue with David [when he said the bid was insulting].”

Tottenham also left it late to bid for their forward targets, and were frustrated in their attempts to sign Atletico Madrid’s Sergio Aguero and his strike partner Diego Forlan.

Chairman Daniel Levy even made a late £35million approach for Villarreal’s Giuseppe Rossi, who scored a hat-trick at White Hart Lane in pre-season as the Spanish outfit won 4-1, but was frustrated again.

“The Aguero situation was impossible,” said Redknapp. “There was never a chance of getting him really, was there? It sounded good but it wasn’t going to happen. I couldn’t see anything coming off there.

“You talk about Rossi but obviously his price had gone up. And Forlan was a deal we couldn’t do to be honest. He was on £140,000 a week. It’s massive money and they wanted £15million for him and he’s 31 years old, nearly 32.

“You don’t have to be that clever to work out the sums over the three years do you?

“Strikers are at a premium. There are very few top, top ones around and if people have got them then they want good money for them.”

Tottenham’s frenetic search for a deadline day signing ended with a surprise bid for Blackpool’s Charlie Adam, which was scuppered by the 11pm deadline.

However, Redknapp admits that Tottenham may return for the Tangerines’ skipper in the summer.

“Maybe, you never know,” he said. “Let’s see what happens now. We’ll see how we go and what the rest of the season brings.

“It would have been nice to have got a good player in here, just to give you that little lift at this time of year, but we didn’t find one and didn’t do anything.

“Why didn’t we bid earlier for him and Neville? Pass, I don’t know. Listen, I don’t want to criticise.”

In the end, the only movement at Tottenham on Monday was the departure of Giovani Dos Santos, who has joined Racing Santander on loan for the rest of the season.

The Mexico international, who has also had spells at Ipswich and Galatasaray during his disappointing Spurs career, has made just five appearances for the Lilywhites this season, and has not played since September

“He’s the loan ranger,” said Redknapp. “He goes out on loan quite regularly so hopefully he will go out there, have a good spell and do well. He has ability. It’s up to him to go and play now.”

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm

oh - duh!! - sorry - I thought it was Phil that had retired!!!! :doh:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:00 am

Wandering Willy wrote:Off to Sky?
That bit worried me too. Feck no!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:11 am

'Overachiever' - sums him up.

'Rat boy prick' does, too

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:22 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:He complimented Beckham well. Mainly because he doubled up as Beckham's legs and did all the running for him.

He struggled to partner anyone else down the right. Probably because no-one else could stand the little rat faced cuntbubble.

I hate him. He used to play cricket for Greenmount when I was at Kearsley (U15s). Him, Phil and his dad. All tw*ts to a man/boy.
all players, or just all nevilles?

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 am

All Nevilles. Without a shadow of a doubt.

Lots of players, but the Nevilles.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:43 am

:box: :spank:

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:04 am

You have to pity the make-up department at Sky Sports if Che Neville does land the pundit job. You spend twenty years making Andy 'Easter Island' Gray and Richard 'Sasquatch' Keys look bearable for the viewers, and no sooner are they out the door than you get presented with tarting up a face that only a mother could love.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:14 am

I wonder if he'll accept the offer for his house now that he needs a bit of spare in retirement!

Actually I wish we had a Gary Neville! our defence may be tighter.
To some he's a tool to me he's a leader/tryer that puts others to shame and he hates bin dippers :mrgreen:

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:13 am

To me he's a massive, massive nice person

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:56 am

Grade A player in his peak. Grade A wankster constantly
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:57 am

I don't know if he ever was Grade A - Model professional, maybe. School bully, probably. Complete nice person, undoubtedly.