This may sound bitter

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Youri06
Hopeful
Hopeful

This may sound bitter

Post by Youri06 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:57 am

...and probably is, but to help me get over sunday i really hope Stoke get battered in the final.
City with all their money are eventually going to win a trophy so i don't mind it if they win the cup.

Also i'm hoping Spurs get 4th so Stoke don't even get in the Europa League.
Seeing them playing in europe will just remind me of the semi and that it could have easily been us if we turned up at Wembley.

I know quite a lot of people will be urging Stoke to go and win it as they like similar teams to us winning trophies.
I'm the opposite and find its easier to see the big four winning the cups as they're used to it.
Watching Birmingham walk around Wembley celebrating their Carling Cup win just made me feel very jealous that i've never seen Bolton do the same and was hoping like everyone else that this would be our year.

I'm sure i won't feel like this next week when the pain dies down but i will be supporting City in the final.

I'll contradict myself and add that i won't be watching anyhow as i'll be in Blackpool having a class day supporting my team.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: This may sound bitter

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:18 am

Do we not play City on the last day?

If City beat Stoke in the final, but then we beat City and stop them getting in the Champions League then Stoke get nowt.

Double whammy!

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:22 am

It's City v Stoke on the Tuesday straight after the cup final too - they were due to be playing in the league on the day of the final anyway - instant revenge for the losers!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:56 am

I'm rooting for Stoke...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

screech powers
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by screech powers » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:59 am

If City do drop down to 5th, thats a Europa League spot anyway so Stoke would still get a spot, unless it drops to 6th?
Life is not like a box of chocolates , it is infact , like a box of chuck norris roundhouse kicking you in the face. And if you recieve a box of chuck norris , you always know what your gonna get.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:00 pm

boltonboris wrote:I'm rooting for Stoke...

....to get relegated

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:01 pm

screech powers wrote:If City do drop down to 5th, thats a Europa League spot anyway so Stoke would still get a spot, unless it drops to 6th?
Unless City finish in the top 4 Stoke will need to win the FA cup to get a Europa League spot. That was confirmed this week. Thats the rules. Don't ask me why.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:03 pm

I really truly couldn't give a toss who wins the final or if/when/how they get into Europe.
Businesswoman of the year.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:
boltonboris wrote:I'm rooting for Stoke...

....to get relegated
Not at all..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
screech powers wrote:If City do drop down to 5th, thats a Europa League spot anyway so Stoke would still get a spot, unless it drops to 6th?
Unless City finish in the top 4 Stoke will need to win the FA cup to get a Europa League spot. That was confirmed this week. Thats the rules. Don't ask me why.
If City finish 5th but win the cup they go into Europa. By taking the european spot this means the 5th place, (automatic qualification), goes to 6th place which could be us, Everton or Liverpool. Stoke will not get to 6th place meaning they have to win the FA cup or City have to qualify for Chumps league by dint of 4th place. Simples.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:41 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
If City finish 5th but win the cup they go into Europa. By taking the european spot this means the 5th place, (automatic qualification), goes to 6th place which could be us, Everton or Liverpool. Stoke will not get to 6th place meaning they have to win the FA cup or City have to qualify for Chumps league by dint of 4th place. Simples.
I know all that. But whats the logic behind having the cup runners up get a place in one scenario and not the other?

screech powers
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by screech powers » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:53 pm

So were after a City win in the Cup final and Spuris to finish 4th in the league for us to have an outside chance of finishing 6th and Europe!!! All is not lost eh!
Life is not like a box of chocolates , it is infact , like a box of chuck norris roundhouse kicking you in the face. And if you recieve a box of chuck norris , you always know what your gonna get.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:36 pm

screech powers wrote:So were after a City win in the Cup final and Spuris to finish 4th in the league for us to have an outside chance of finishing 6th and Europe!!! All is not lost eh!
we 'threw away' too many league points resting folk for that to happen.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:40 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I really truly couldn't give a toss who wins the final or if/when/how they get into Europe.
Yup! I certainly won't be watching it.....scarred for life now!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:55 pm

Can't blame Stoke for us not being good enough to beat them on the day. Might not be the most popular view, but good luck to them for me.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:48 am

CrazyHorse wrote:I really truly couldn't give a toss who wins the final or if/when/how they get into Europe.
Perfectly expressed - this is no longer our business and my interest in it is less than marginal...

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:27 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Can't blame Stoke for us not being good enough to beat them on the day. Might not be the most popular view, but good luck to them for me.
Indeed, I'll be supporting stoke too, always back the underdogs.
Plus, be more fun if city still can't win a trophy, no matter what they spend... I'd rather see stoke in Europe than either of the scousers and can't see us making 6th which is the only way I'd want a city win.
That said, I too will be in blackpool that weekend, spending the money I'd saved for the final!

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:26 am

not overly fussed who wins but should make for an intriguing final