Under 21s

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Under 21s

Post by Whookam » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:01 pm

Prufrock wrote:Need an identity. No use trying to just 'be Spain'.

However, here is the kisser, and the thing they should have been doing instead of pissing money away on a football stadium that isn't even very good for football.

Number of qualified UEFA 'B', 'A', or 'Pro' coaches:

England- 2,769
Spain- 23,995
Italy- 29,420
Germany - 39,740.

France have Clairefontaine, Italy have Coverciano, and we still don't have pissing Burton.

There is all this talk of an 'identity' which is fun for newspapers and fan boys, but we just do not have the resources, it's that simple. Far fewer kids come into contact with the best standard of coach than any other major European footballing nation, and by an absolute MILE. Even Greek kids are eight times more likely to be coached by a top standard coach.
Ahh this old chestnut. The FA has a set of coaching qualifications that are equivelant to UEFA's that's why there are so few UEFA qualified English coaches. If you include FA qualfied ones then the numbers are similar (seen it, don't remember where)

That being said I don't think anyone really has any faith in an FA coaching badge :D

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Whookam wrote:Ahh this old chestnut. The FA has a set of coaching qualifications that are equivelant to UEFA's that's why there are so few UEFA qualified English coaches. If you include FA qualfied ones then the numbers are similar (seen it, don't remember where)

That being said I don't think anyone really has any faith in an FA coaching badge :D
Ahhh, Wookham, Wookham, Wookham .... don't go letting facts get in the way of a good piss & moan !! :spank:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:41 am

Spain v Switzerland final.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:12 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Spain v Switzerland final.
Bet you never thought you'd ever find yourself typing that out. Well, not unless you were reporting on an air-dried meats contest or somesuch.
May the bridges I burn light your way

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:54 am

If i was reporting on an air-dried meats contest, i think i would consider a change of career :)

ajwbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ajwbolton » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Do you think Jack Wilshere would have made a difference - I do. And what kind of player is he? Technically gifted and on a par with the 'Eurogifted' or an out and out English 'up and at 'em' bulldog?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:19 pm

No, because he still would have been playing with 10 donkeys. Same as when at Arsenal.