Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ev

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:12 pm

Well bye bye Clichy :( Sad to see him go.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Rats. Sinking ship.

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Clichy, Nasri, Fabregas - not a great sign when the players are the ones leading the cleanout...
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."
- Muammar Gaddafi, 16/1/2011

steviewander
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by steviewander » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:34 pm

Arsenal are a joke tbh.
Selling their best players, they are never going to win a thing.

They are a joke!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:14 am

according to the super soaraway..
Cesc Fabregas has told his Arsenal team-mates: I'll never play for the Gunners again.
and...

according to the Daily Star...
Samir Nasri will hold showdown talks with Arsene Wenger today and beg the Arsenal boss to let him join Manchester United.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:14 pm

thebish wrote:according to the super soaraway..
Cesc Fabregas has told his Arsenal team-mates: I'll never play for the Gunners again.
and...

according to the Daily Star...
Samir Nasri will hold showdown talks with Arsene Wenger today and beg the Arsenal boss to let him join Manchester United.
Cheers for that Bish! You know how to make a girls day... :?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:20 pm

In all seriousness, Arsenal haven't won a thing for 6 years. It might not be the worst thing in the world to lose some of their "world class players" and actually build a team with some character and bottle.

If you look back to when they were good compared to now the big difference is power and strength. The Viera's and Campbells of this world dominated teams physically. Its ok having a Wilshere or a Nasri here or there but they need some power and brute force in there as well, to complete the mix.

I'm not sure Fabregas has helped them that much the past season as his heart doesn't seem in it anymore. Get a decent wedge for him and then there is every chance of signing a strong and powerful centre half and central midfield player. They might not be as "gifted" as Gabrefas but the right players could make Arsenal a better team overall!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:In all seriousness, Arsenal haven't won a thing for 6 years. It might not be the worst thing in the world to lose some of their "world class players" and actually build a team with some character and bottle.

If you look back to when they were good compared to now the big difference is power and strength. The Viera's and Campbells of this world dominated teams physically. Its ok having a Wilshere or a Nasri here or there but they need some power and brute force in there as well, to complete the mix.

I'm not sure Fabregas has helped them that much the past season as his heart doesn't seem in it anymore. Get a decent wedge for him and then there is every chance of signing a strong and powerful centre half and central midfield player. They might not be as "gifted" as Gabrefas but the right players could make Arsenal a better team overall!
Have to say, i agree with much of that. As i said in the Cahill thread, its backbone thats needed, mental toughness, desire and determination and you're not going to get that from players that want to be elsewhere. We do need more of a mix between the power and brute force players and the clever tippy tappy footballers.

One of Wengers biggest mistakes IMHO over the last few years, has been giving the captaincy to the 'best' players - Henry, Fabregas, in order to keep them at the club, not because they have the qualities of a good captain. If Fabregas goes i would hope Wenger will choose the next captain based on their leadership skills rather then anything else which might be a step in the right direction.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:33 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:In all seriousness, Arsenal haven't won a thing for 6 years. It might not be the worst thing in the world to lose some of their "world class players" and actually build a team with some character and bottle.

Have to say, i agree with much of that. As i said in the Cahill thread, its backbone thats needed, mental toughness, desire and determination and you're not going to get that from players that want to be elsewhere. We do need more of a mix between the power and brute force players and the clever tippy tappy footballers.

One of Wengers biggest mistakes IMHO over the last few years, has been giving the captaincy to the 'best' players - Henry, Fabregas, in order to keep them at the club, not because they have the qualities of a good captain. If Fabregas goes i would hope Wenger will choose the next captain based on their leadership skills rather then anything else which might be a step in the right direction.
If you sell Nasri and Fabregas and brought in (for example) Cahill, Samba, Drogba and Feilaini you'd instantly be a better team than last season IMHO!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

If you sell Nasri and Fabregas and brought in (for example) Cahill, Samba, Drogba and Feilaini you'd instantly be a better team than last season IMHO!
I'd love to sign Drogba, really rate him...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:38 pm

You'd love any striker who can be relied upon for more than 20 games a season

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:20 pm

4-0 win in our first pre-season friendly. That'll do nicely! :)

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:4-0 win in our first pre-season friendly. That'll do nicely! :)
Easy tiger, the title isn't won in July.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:09 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:4-0 win in our first pre-season friendly. That'll do nicely! :)
We beat 'Malayasian XI' 4-0! I reckon that must make us favourites with the bookies ;)

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:25 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
We beat 'Malayasian XI' 4-0! I reckon that must make us favourites with the bookies ;)

:D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Good warm up going into the Emirates Cup.

IT COUNTS!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:37 pm

Prufrock wrote:Good warm up going into the Emirates Cup.

IT COUNTS!
:D Indeed it does when its our best chance of silverwear all season ;)

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Indeed it does when its our best chance of silverwear all season

:conf:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Indeed it does when its our best chance of silverwear all season

:conf:
I'm not sure that even RVP could make that outfit look good ;)

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:09 am

New Arsenal signing looks class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOzMB2gf ... ded#at=361" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skip to 6.00mins for the :lol: