KD on transfers and agents and stuff

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

KD on transfers and agents and stuff

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: KD on transfers and agents and stuff

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Interesting article that. My memory's not what it was - did SKD really score 2 goals in one game for us?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:22 pm

I think it's a nice counter balance to the 'money grabbing' stuff we've heard about him recently.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Hang on, was he free to be involved in a conversation with Martin O'Neill whilst he was under contract to us? Admittedly nothing I didn't already think, but its nice to hear your thoughts confirmed.

And if we're taking him at his word (loved the fella when he played for us, but I'm not convinced that its still not a war of words with the club) he wasn't demanding anything off anybody contract wise.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:39 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Hang on, was he free to be involved in a conversation with Martin O'Neill whilst he was under contract to us? Admittedly nothing I didn't already think, but its nice to hear your thoughts confirmed.

And if we're taking him at his word (loved the fella when he played for us, but I'm not convinced that its still not a war of words with the club) he wasn't demanding anything off anybody contract wise.
The time he's describing in the article though is not when he was released. The deal he agreed as described there with Coyle, was the one he signed upon our relegation.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:59 am

Ok, so you're saying he is willing to write in a n article that h enever demanded any contract off the club, but that he actually did?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:07 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Ok, so you're saying he is willing to write in a n article that h enever demanded any contract off the club, but that he actually did?
I don't know. I haven't read anything about him not demanding or demanding a contract to be honest.

Just saying that the time he references there, Coyle was manager we were in the premiership, so he did sign whatever was agreed on that meeting.

It is interesting he openly admits to being in contact with O'Neill. I don't suspect that is so unusual.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:23 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:Interesting article that. My memory's not what it was - did SKD really score 2 goals in one game for us?
Yes he did...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17796183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not hard to imagine MoN as a wee petulant wanker, you only have to see his post match interviews to know that.

Good article and Kev comes across well in it. He could be angling for a media role as the 'honest, down to earth' former player.

I'd rather have him on the sofa than Robbie Savage, Steve 'Steve' Claridge or Alan Hansen.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:28 am

coffeymagic wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Interesting article that. My memory's not what it was - did SKD really score 2 goals in one game for us?
Yes he did...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17796183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not hard to imagine MoN as a wee petulant wanker, you only have to see his post match interviews to know that.

Good article and Kev comes across well in it.
He could be angling for a media role as the 'honest, down to earth' former player.

I'd rather have him on the sofa than Robbie Savage, Steve 'Steve' Claridge or Alan Hansen.
Apart from the fact he was negotiating a move away behind the clubs back.......

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:31 am

Yeah, you've got to feel sorry for Coyle that whilst he was trying to fight a relegation battle his senior players weren't as committed to the cause as they might have been.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Ok, so you're saying he is willing to write in a n article that h enever demanded any contract off the club, but that he actually did?
I don't know. I haven't read anything about him not demanding or demanding a contract to be honest.

Just saying that the time he references there, Coyle was manager we were in the premiership, so he did sign whatever was agreed on that meeting.

It is interesting he openly admits to being in contact with O'Neill. I don't suspect that is so unusual.
Aren't players allowed to speak to other clubs after Jan 1st when their deal is up that summer?

I was more surprised that a friend he knew through school turned up at his house one morning then tried to take on the role of agent. Didn't he already have one?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:42 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Aren't players allowed to speak to other clubs after Jan 1st when their deal is up that summer?

I was more surprised that a friend he knew through school turned up at his house one morning then tried to take on the role of agent. Didn't he already have one?
You can't talk to clubs in England.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:43 pm

From SSN

A few of players had mentioned having defeats at Bramall Lane and being outplayed there before, but I wasn't aware it was nearly 35 years since Preston had won there!

It was a good result for us and there's a really good atmosphere at the club - I mean winning games helps and that's four in a row for us. It breeds confidence and we take that in to the training you come in with a smile on your face.

The standard in League One has improved. It has surprised me a little if I'm totally honest. I've been friends with people who have played down in these leagues and I've had reports back of it not being very pretty at times. But if you look at the likes of Leyton Orient and Swindon who I watched play against Chelsea on Tuesday night - they played some really good football. In the second half Swindon had more possession than Chelsea and were keeping the ball well, playing good football - there are lot of teams doing this and it's good to see.

I'm not sure what I want to do after my playing career. I signed for two years at Preston and I'm more than happy with that. I've played every minute of every game this season and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm not going to put a time limit on my career. I'll play these two years and see where that takes me. Hopefully after those two years the club will be in the Championship and doing well. If Preston were to offer me something and I was feeling great I'd sign it. I'm on my A-license and I'm doing a bit more media work so I am preparing for the life after football and that will all take care of itself. At the minute I'm just going to focus on playing football.

I played golf with Kevin Phillips in the summer and he's 40 now. I was with my wife and she said I have to play until I'm 40 as well. Now there's a bit of pressure!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:02 pm

She's a greedy twunk.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:16 pm

bobo the clown wrote:She's a greedy twunk.
She really comes across like a money grabbing w*nk*r.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:19 pm

Skills such as being able to suck a tennis ball through a metre length of hosepipe don't come cheap.