ALLARDYCE SACKED

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:51 pm

I think there's a brutal cycle of failure at St. James. Expectations are sky-high, and the longer the trophy-less streak continues, the greater the pressure to win one. This weight of expectation forces the players and managers into errors and generally underperforming. Which extends the wait for a trophy, which increases expectations, which increases pressure, and on and on. They'll struggle to find a manager; other than Souness and Allardyce, who else has enough hubris to take it on?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:43 pm

Hey, they had a good team. There was....Joe Harvey, the Robledo brothers and Jackie Milburn. Trouble is, that was fifty years ago and they've never got over it. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:04 pm

absolutely gutted i couldnt get on the internet for a good chuckle last night

its all been said really

ive had a good laugh

a quick reminis about the days under him when our stocks were rising, not falling

ironic that he left european football wit bolton and never got it with them

ironic he gets a nice break now

he'll end up at wolves with sammy lee as his number 2

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:05 pm

glorious at work today

toon fan who sits next to me got back some of the pelters he gave me back when the fat dick left us.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Batman wrote:glorious at work today

toon fan who sits next to me got back some of the pelters he gave me back when the fat dick left us.
oh aye

several have been giving me jip for months

and none of them wanted him out either

their fat clueless twonk of a chairman tho - does he wear footbball shirts in board meetings? chant 'who are ya' at the other directors? boo them?
f*ckin moron

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:28 pm

their chairman is an absolute wanker

can't quite see him changing sides and sitting down under the scoreboard in the ESL though

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:57 pm

606 straight after he was sacked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/606/

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:57 pm

Can't help but feel bad for Sam.

I suppose it was to be expected when one of the fat deluded bastards in replica shirts actually took over.

The 'Newcastle ethos'..... what a load of shite.

Ratbert, your critcism of Gartside for 'not backing' Sam continues to astonish me.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:07 am

just rewatched the Allardyce Panorama edition

verrrrrrrrrrry different POV without our pro-Sam specs

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:13 am

Batman wrote:just rewatched the Allardyce Panorama edition

verrrrrrrrrrry different POV without our pro-Sam specs
Nah. Whatever the truth of the matter, that program was a load of bollocks.

The most incriminating thing by far was that he didn't sue after that shit. People say it was to protect Craig, but I don't buy that - protect him from what?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:16 am

my initial reaction at the time was 'what a load of bollocks'

but now, whilst the evidence is still flimsy, it is incrdible that Fat Sam took no action....makes you think

oh, but Harrison comes out as a right c*nt

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:20 am

Batman wrote:my initial reaction at the time was 'what a load of bollocks'

but now, whilst the evidence is still flimsy, it is incrdible that Fat Sam took no action....makes you think

Yeah, that's what I mean - I don't think the programme looks any more substantial or credible without the the pro-Sam specs - it's the benefit of knowing that he let the 12 month window for legal action pass by that is more interesting.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:17 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Batman wrote:my initial reaction at the time was 'what a load of bollocks'

Yeah, that's what I mean - I don't think the programme looks any more substantial or credible without the the pro-Sam specs - it's the benefit of knowing that he let the 12 month window for legal action pass by that is more interesting.
He was strongly discouraged by Gartside whilst he was at Bolton to take any legal action.

I think also that most legal opinion was that it was a case Allardyce couldn't win much out of. It would mean raking through an awful lot of private stuff and his family was also dragged into it and the program was likely to be legally watertight.