Are the Dingles about to be sold??

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:55 am

William the White wrote:I have to say I'd feel happier if our debt was £20 mill. rather than £93 mill.

And now half the prem is owned by people with little knowledge or understanding of English football. All of them hoping to make money out of a product chronically losing it.

I just hope Eddie Davies looks both ways before crossing the road.
Why cross araod when you have a privit jet? :roll:

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:24 am

Hoboh wrote:
William the White wrote:I have to say I'd feel happier if our debt was £20 mill. rather than £93 mill.

And now half the prem is owned by people with little knowledge or understanding of English football. All of them hoping to make money out of a product chronically losing it.

I just hope Eddie Davies looks both ways before crossing the road.
Why cross araod when you have a privit jet? :roll:
Is that one of them thingumajigs that sucks up the the leaves? :conf:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:37 am

Stories circulating that the first thing on hand for the new owners is the change the name of the stadium. I wonder how that one will go down. At least now the fans if complaining about money for players can be told they were given a new stadium. Hey it might just work.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:37 am

Watched a bit of yesterday's Villa game and one of the Blackburn fans had a top hat with a chicken on the top! So at least one of them has a sense of humour.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re:

Post by boltonboris » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:46 pm

FaninOz wrote:Watched a bit of yesterday's Villa game and one of the Blackburn fans had a top hat with a chicken on the top! So at least one of them has a sense of humour.
Looked like a cock!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re:

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:03 pm

seanworth wrote:Stories circulating that the first thing on hand for the new owners is the change the name of the stadium. I wonder how that one will go down. At least now the fans if complaining about money for players can be told they were given a new stadium. Hey it might just work.

ONE of the first acts of Blackburn’s new Indian owners has been to announce plans to rip up 120 years of history by renaming Ewood Park.

Pune-based poultry firm Venky’s completed a £43million takeover on Friday from the trust fund of former owner Jack Walker. And two brothers from the controlling family, Balaji and Venkatesh Rao, were at yesterday’s game against Aston Villa. In India, company chairwoman Anuradha Desai has been outlining radical plans for the club’s new image.

“We need to improve the brand Blackburn Rovers,” she said. “The management thus far has done a good job but has not been proactive enough. We are looking to change that.

“Arsenal named their stadium The Emirates after their main sponsors. Ours could be called the Venky’s Stadium or could adopt the name of another sponsor.”

Venky's Stadium!! :lol:

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: Re:

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:20 pm

thebish wrote: Venky's Stadium!! :lol:
Or "The Coop" as in:

They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Are the Dingles about to be sold??

Post by Gravedigger » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:41 am

Chickens R Us.

The Cock End

Seasoning tickets.

BFCFC..Blackburn Fried Chicken Footie Club

8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:17 am

Gravedigger wrote:Chickens R Us.

The Cock End

Seasoning tickets.

BFCFC..Blackburn Fried Chicken Footie Club

8)
Don't get me started! This is going to open up a whole world of chicken jokes.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:23 am

Any truth in the rumour that the club will also to be renamed Blackburn Raovers?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Re:

Post by Hoboh » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:29 pm

thebish wrote:
seanworth wrote:Stories circulating that the first thing on hand for the new owners is the change the name of the stadium. I wonder how that one will go down. At least now the fans if complaining about money for players can be told they were given a new stadium. Hey it might just work.

ONE of the first acts of Blackburn’s new Indian owners has been to announce plans to rip up 120 years of history by renaming Ewood Park.

Pune-based poultry firm Venky’s completed a £43million takeover on Friday from the trust fund of former owner Jack Walker. And two brothers from the controlling family, Balaji and Venkatesh Rao, were at yesterday’s game against Aston Villa. In India, company chairwoman Anuradha Desai has been outlining radical plans for the club’s new image.

“We need to improve the brand Blackburn Rovers,” she said. “The management thus far has done a good job but has not been proactive enough. We are looking to change that.

“Arsenal named their stadium The Emirates after their main sponsors. Ours could be called the Venky’s Stadium or could adopt the name of another sponsor.”

Venky's Stadium!! :lol:
Emmerdale? :laugh: