Liverpool laughing stocks?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Liverpool laughing stocks?

Post by jaffka » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:39 pm

bobo the clown wrote:beyond fckg parody.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/They-Dared-Drea ... d+to+dream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am still hyperventilating at Stevie Me's excuse for playing like me at the World Cup .... that he was still "grieving" (I shit you not) following the trauma of the end of season.
:lol:

that's more like it, more honesty as to how we would really perform on the world stage

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:05 pm

jaffka wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:beyond fckg parody.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/They-Dared-Drea ... d+to+dream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am still hyperventilating at Stevie Me's excuse for playing like me at the World Cup .... that he was still "grieving" (I shit you not) following the trauma of the end of season.

that's more like it, more honesty as to how we would really perform on the world stage
Y'know, I'm not sure all of those 5 star reviews are 100% sincere...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:11 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28401056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Phew.

Though to be honest Stevie I thought you already had.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Phew? That's a massive area of worry now. He's clearly past his best and struggled to influence games in the summer, but what, Henderson and perma-crocked Jack before we're into Tom Cleverly and the rest of the garbage we've got there. Eek.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:33 pm

Phew because he influenced a lot more than the game .... which I think we're agreed he had stopped influencing .
.. He also influenced selection and tactics, hence the near LFC'ness of what went to the World Cup. Because he admitted to not being in the right frame of mind for a World Cup !! ... A fckg World Cup, for which he was Captain ffs.

Oh, & coz he's a tit
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm not convinced by this 'influencing selection and tactics'; it's the sort of stuff that always comes out and sounds like media page-filling nonsense to me. Indirectly, in terms of the way he played for Liverpool which meant we picked a team to suit him, sure, but I'm not buying Roy was knocking on his door asking him what team he should pick.

And yes, he's a grade A prick, and yes, he was poor, and yes too that that comment about not being in the right frame of mind is embarrassing, but I don't know how else to stress...TOM CLEVERLY :spank: !

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:I'm not convinced by this 'influencing selection and tactics'; it's the sort of stuff that always comes out and sounds like media page-filling nonsense to me. Indirectly, in terms of the way he played for Liverpool which meant we picked a team to suit him, sure, but I'm not buying Roy was knocking on his door asking him what team he should pick.

And yes, he's a grade A prick, and yes, he was poor, and yes too that that comment about not being in the right frame of mind is embarrassing, but I don't know how else to stress...TOM CLEVERLY :spank: !
Gerrard flattered to deceive and simply wasn't good enough.

So we haven't got better obvious replacements but then when what you had wasn't good enough anyhow it is a moot point.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:20 pm

Not really. It's Tom fecking Cleverly. I don't buy 'Gerrard wasn't good enough so we might as well chuck in Tom Huddleston. It's be nice to actually get to France.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:41 pm

Prufrock wrote:Not really. It's Tom fecking Cleverly. I don't buy 'Gerrard wasn't good enough so we might as well chuck in Tom Huddleston. It's be nice to actually get to France.
Just saying Tom cleverly over and over doesn't change anything.

Gerrard was a huge failure this summer. One of our poorest performers and that is pretty damning.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:12 pm

http://tomkinstimes.com/2014/07/feck-you-bantz-boys/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"You know what? Liverpool had a fecking enjoyable season. And yes, just like Holland in 1974 or Brazil in 1982 or Hungary in 1954 (or Stoke in 2010), we won nothing. But it was fun. Yeah, fun."

Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Not really. It's Tom fecking Cleverly. I don't buy 'Gerrard wasn't good enough so we might as well chuck in Tom Huddleston. It's be nice to actually get to France.

Gerrard was a huge failure this summer. One of our poorest performers and that is pretty damning.
... and has been for some time.

Yet he's been captain and so an automatic choice. HE was the one who persuaded Woy to select Henderson and Johnson. Neither are up to it. He may well have hit gold with Sterling to be fair.

He took, and did feck all with, most dead-ball kicks.

you're telling me he had no influence other than being a player and one who called the toss ? Bllx.

... & it was you who mentioned Tom Cleverley, no-one else.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Don't be so tenderheaded.
BWFC_Insane wrote:So we haven't got better obvious replacements but then when what you had wasn't good enough anyhow it is a moot point.
This is precisely the sort of drivel you won't accept when someone says something like 'Craig Davies isn't good enough so we should just play Clough'. We've got to get to France. I'm not just repeating it over and over for no reason, Cleverly was the one on the stand-by list. It's no use saying none of them are good enough, we have to pick a team. Anyone who doesn't think Gerrard is in the best two English central-midfielders wants their head looking at. And Henderson, for all his limitations is the best we've got too. The next options were a 32 year-old Michael Carrick and beyond that, the odd MOTD 'maybe' for Tom bastard Huddlestone.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:08 pm

^ I wish i could bring myself to care - but i can't...

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:37 am

I'm with the reverend here.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:22 am

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:I'm with the reverend here.
Me too, although I care even less about the cricket team which nearly ruined his holiday
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:11 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:I'm with the reverend here.
Me too, although I care even less about the cricket team which nearly ruined his holiday
There was a cricket team that ruined his holiday!? What were they doing: Shouting Owzat loudly at midnight, crashing balls through his caravan windows, and moving his caravan to be used as a sight screen so every time he came back from a trip out it had moved again???
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:23 am

Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Don't be so tenderheaded.
BWFC_Insane wrote:So we haven't got better obvious replacements but then when what you had wasn't good enough anyhow it is a moot point.
This is precisely the sort of drivel you won't accept when someone says something like 'Craig Davies isn't good enough so we should just play Clough'. We've got to get to France. I'm not just repeating it over and over for no reason, Cleverly was the one on the stand-by list. It's no use saying none of them are good enough, we have to pick a team. Anyone who doesn't think Gerrard is in the best two English central-midfielders wants their head looking at. And Henderson, for all his limitations is the best we've got too. The next options were a 32 year-old Michael Carrick and beyond that, the odd MOTD 'maybe' for Tom bastard Huddlestone.
Craig Davies hasn't retired! And at club level you can more easily change personnel.

Gerrard was very poor in the summer. He's had enough chances and failed to deliver. He's retired. Time to move on. We haven't got a choice. Will he be missed? Not by me. And I'm sure I'm not alone there either.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:56 am

HE has failed to deliver??

No, England have failed to deliver.. He's been one of the greatest midfielders of a whole generation and one of our best players for a decade, it's just unfortunate he plays for a shite national team.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:43 pm

boltonboris wrote:HE has failed to deliver??

No, England have failed to deliver.. He's been one of the greatest midfielders of a whole generation and one of our best players for a decade, it's just unfortunate he plays for a shite national team.
Great players perform when it matters. See Suarez for example.

Gerrard has been poor in tournaments. I think he is massively overrated. Not a bad player but nowhere near the levels of acclaim he receives.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:HE has failed to deliver??

Great players perform when it matters. See Suarez for example.

Gerrard has been poor in tournaments. I think he is massively overrated. Not a bad player but nowhere near the levels of acclaim he receives.
You think Steven Gerrard is overrated?

So when it mattered in European finals, did he not pull it out of the bag then? Or are you only talking about internationals? If the latter, did that make George Best overrated?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"