That boy Ronaldo

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Fri May 30, 2008 11:03 am

For the record I've never liked Diouf and feel he's almost always flattered to decieve...one for the stattos out there, what is his best goal haul for us, and likewise his best assist record in a season?

Wouldn't wanna lose him though because he DOES have a lot of skill, just doesn't use it much.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri May 30, 2008 11:25 am

hoboh2o wrote:
WhiteArmy wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
White Army wrote:
Daxter wrote:Best player in the world by a mile. I don't see his supposed tw*t like qualities, just an exceptional player who we should be pleased is gracing our league.

And who gives a feck about the England incident? Rooney deserved to get sent off and we plainly weren't good enough anyway. If an England player had done what Ronaldo did to an ACTUAL tw*t like Rooney we'd be lauding him.
Sorry Dax, can't agree with you on that, Maradona was arguably the best footballer i've seen in my lifetime, but he's still a cheating little tw@, who, if he had 'graced' our league after he'd shat on us in the WC i would have hoped he'd never have been given the chance to settle here.

I will always give a f*ck about people cheating my country at anything. Same goes for that other cheating b*stard Simeone.

Makes me laugh sometimes, we have had Dioufty vilified for gobbing on a bloke (which was disgusting i admit) but we'll forgive any w*nkstain arsehole who cheats a whole nation out of the chance of glory because 'he's the best player in the world'. Please don't hold it against me if i don't join in the forgivestival thanks.
Forget the country bit mate BWFC is all that matters and TBH I find the moronish worship of Diouf a little hard to take and he's one of ours!!!!!
Wasn't moronic worship Hobo, it was an example of how we react differently. Diouf has been hated for his gobbing thing by every fan in the country, but these self same fans will let cheating c*nts off the hook. As for the English thing, you're right Bolton do come first, but my national team will always be a very close second.

Patriotism, i think it used to be called before the PC brigade put their spin on it.
The problem is white army, England is no longer the country worthy of us being patriots with all the immigrants along with the resultant spawn of 30 years of woolly libral attitudes, we are heading into the biggist sh*thole you can imagine! Fast!
My point about Diouf, he is, lets be honest a cheat on the field just like errr pretty boy but he happens to play for us.
Do you listen to TalkSport by any chance Hobo? :wink:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri May 30, 2008 1:57 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
WhiteArmy wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
White Army wrote: Sorry Dax, can't agree with you on that, Maradona was arguably the best footballer i've seen in my lifetime, but he's still a cheating little tw@, who, if he had 'graced' our league after he'd shat on us in the WC i would have hoped he'd never have been given the chance to settle here.

I will always give a f*ck about people cheating my country at anything. Same goes for that other cheating b*stard Simeone.

Makes me laugh sometimes, we have had Dioufty vilified for gobbing on a bloke (which was disgusting i admit) but we'll forgive any w*nkstain arsehole who cheats a whole nation out of the chance of glory because 'he's the best player in the world'. Please don't hold it against me if i don't join in the forgivestival thanks.
Forget the country bit mate BWFC is all that matters and TBH I find the moronish worship of Diouf a little hard to take and he's one of ours!!!!!
Wasn't moronic worship Hobo, it was an example of how we react differently. Diouf has been hated for his gobbing thing by every fan in the country, but these self same fans will let cheating c*nts off the hook. As for the English thing, you're right Bolton do come first, but my national team will always be a very close second.

Patriotism, i think it used to be called before the PC brigade put their spin on it.
The problem is white army, England is no longer the country worthy of us being patriots with all the immigrants along with the resultant spawn of 30 years of woolly libral attitudes, we are heading into the biggist sh*thole you can imagine! Fast!
My point about Diouf, he is, lets be honest a cheat on the field just like errr pretty boy but he happens to play for us.
Do you listen to TalkSport by any chance Hobo? :wink:
TBH no I don't but you do not need a degree in rocket science to work out whats happening, or a pair of rose tints :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 30, 2008 8:43 pm

FD wrote:For the record I've never liked Diouf and feel he's almost always flattered to decieve...one for the stattos out there, what is his best goal haul for us, and likewise his best assist record in a season?

Wouldn't wanna lose him though because he DOES have a lot of skill, just doesn't use it much.
Yes, very good, but in a system that requires players to push up from deep when we attack it requires players that can keep the ball to see that this happens. To judge Diouf on goals and assists is as poor a judgement as to judge Davies on how many goals he gets in a season, imo. Also, to say that he doesn't use his skills rather gasts one's flabber as well.
May the bridges I burn light your way

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Fri May 30, 2008 9:14 pm

Sorry Bruce but I don't think he's ever really lived up to the obvious potential he has. I agree that we can't judge him on goals scored though I guess, we can't really judge anyone in our team on that because we are so woefully poor at getting a decent amount of goals.

I think there would be cheaper players without the attitude available if you want someone who can hold the ball up etc, but why bother with a player of his nature if you NEVER let them do what they are capable of?

I do think the days of us trying to use this system are nearing their end, it's about time we started playing strikers in a striker position etc.

I don't recall seeing Diouf take on a man more than 10 times last season, which is a bit on the shite side...not that I'm blaming him because I've no doubt he's been told ever since meeting Allardyce that he's to hold the ball up and play for the set piece, be it a free kick, throw in or corner.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 30, 2008 9:34 pm

FD wrote:I do think the days of us trying to use this system are nearing their end, it's about time we started playing strikers in a striker position etc.

I don't recall seeing Diouf take on a man more than 10 times last season, which is a bit on the shite side...not that I'm blaming him because I've no doubt he's been told ever since meeting Allardyce that he's to hold the ball up and play for the set piece, be it a free kick, throw in or corner.
Fair points indeed, FD. One of my mates is a big Birmingham fan and a few years ago I made the crass mistake of deciding to sit in the Tilton Road End with him. The Brummie crowd were giving Diouf absolute dog's abuse to which he responded, as best he does, by giving a mesmerising display. Anyway, those that were once quite friendly towards me, the interloper, became more aggressive as the game wore on. As the game neared its end I had them turning around to me saying "He hasn't fecking scored, has he?". Just as I replied” No, but how many times have you taken the ball off him?" His contribution that evening had wound everyone with a Birmingham connection off the dial. Nobby knocked in a 93rd minute winner. My overall point being that Diouf's contribution that evening could never have been measured in simple statistics, and I don't think that it really can be.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sat May 31, 2008 3:04 am

Though I'm fairly sure he actually did score the opener in that game, Bruce but point taken.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:45 pm

Yeah Right....
Ferguson issues Ronaldo warning

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says the club would rather put Cristiano Ronaldo in the stands than sell him to Real Madrid.
Ferguson has met the Glazer family, who own the club, and said: "Their attitude is 'To hell with them'.
"They'd sit a player in the stand, I'm telling you, absolutely no doubt about it, just to prove a point."
According to Portuguese newspaper A Bola, Ronaldo has promised to clarify his position in "two or three days".
The 23-year-old is currently with the Portugal squad ahead of Euro 2008 after a season in which he inspired the Old Trafford club to a Premier League and Champions League double.
He has a deal with United which runs until 2012 but has so far refused to state publicly that he is to stay with the club.
Real Madrid manager Bernd Schuster has made no secret about his admiration for Ronaldo.
And United have threatened to report Real to Fifa for making their interest public.
But the Spanish outfit's president Ramon Calderon has defended their conduct, saying recently: "We know they [United] aren't a selling club. It is a problem between player and team."
Ferguson insists that the Glazers are determined to keep their prize asset, even if it means taking a tough line.
And, despite criticism of the Glazers when they took over the club in 2005, Ferguson praised them for the impact they have had at the club.
"They have been good to this club, believe me," he said. "They have been brilliant owners."
Businesswoman of the year.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Apparently Ronaldo is making a statement in few days about what he is going to do.

News broke on Talksport this morning.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:52 pm

My money's on him saying how much he loves Manchester, Alex Fergusson and United. This followed by reiterating how he intends to play in Spain one day (just to keept the pot boiling). Oh, and the money won't have anything to do with it, whatsoever, of course. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:07 pm

jaffka wrote:Apparently Ronaldo is making a statement in few days about what he is going to do.

News broke on Talksport this morning.
I read this on teletext and as he's under contract there's only one thing he's going to say.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:46 pm

If he does want to say though why just not come out with it now? Why wait a few days? Does he have shares in newspaper companies?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:34 pm

he's got 4 years on his contract, he can shut the feck up as he's got no choice in the matter, all he can do is put in a transfer request, end of.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:40 pm

I've got an article about these matters in the pipeline, but in two years Ronaldo could move to Real for a £10million buy-out of his contract, following the ruling in the Webster case. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is what came to pass.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:22 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I've got an article about these matters in the pipeline, but in two years Ronaldo could move to Real for a £10million buy-out of his contract, following the ruling in the Webster case. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is what came to pass.
save yourself some time...

http://www.liv.ac.uk/footballindustry/bosman.html
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:27 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I've got an article about these matters in the pipeline, but in two years Ronaldo could move to Real for a £10million buy-out of his contract, following the ruling in the Webster case. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is what came to pass.
save yourself some time...

http://www.liv.ac.uk/footballindustry/bosman.html
Yes, ok... that's quite good, if a bit dry!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:33 am

Think he's an unbelievable footballer. He has it all...left foot, right foot, heading, skill, pace....he's the best player in the world!
I think he's treating United with an unbelievable amount of disrespect though and he should realise that United have lost players in the past and still come out stronger....Beckham, Keane, Stam, Cantona, V.Nistelrooy, PHIL NEVILLE ;)

If he is undecided on where his future lies then they should cash in now whilst Madrid are ready to be stupid and throw £70m + at them for his services!

Shame to see him go though if he does, he's a great player to watch!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:14 am

MichaelJohn12 wrote:Think he's an unbelievable footballer. He has it all...left foot, right foot, heading, skill, pace....he's the best player in the world!
I think he's treating United with an unbelievable amount of disrespect though and he should realise that United have lost players in the past and still come out stronger....Beckham, Keane, Stam, Cantona, V.Nistelrooy, PHIL NEVILLE ;)

If he is undecided on where his future lies then they should cash in now whilst Madrid are ready to be stupid and throw £70m + at them for his services!

Shame to see him go though if he does, he's a great player to watch!
You are aware that you'll still be able to watch him if he does go? There's this marvellous invention, called, I think, the tele-vision. It let's you see pictures of things that are happening farw away.
As for "treating United with an unbelievable amount of disrespect" - good. Let's see more of that.
Am I the only person who thinks the best outcome would be for him to demand a transfer, burn all his bridges, then pick up an injury and fail his medical? That'd be amusing. For everyone. Especially if he was out for 18 months, and not the same player when he came back.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:58 am

Great player if somewhat petulant at times, and dives quite a lot. Even so would be agreat loss to those who like to watch exciting skillful football, and a massive loss to United. Their dominance in the Premiership is built around him and he would be impossible for them to replace in the short term with one player. 70 mil would however help them to buy more players and build a team less reliant on one man.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:44 pm

"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"