Michael Owen

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:46 pm

Owen doesn't want to play for any team other than Liverpool. He will not give his best for anyone else until he gets the move he wants.

Whether Liverpool want him back is another matter.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:16 pm

ratbert wrote:Whether Liverpool want him back is another matter.
Categorically not. Not the fans nor the manager.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:57 pm

ratbert wrote:Owen doesn't want to play for any team other than Liverpool. He will not give his best for anyone else until he gets the move he wants.

Madrid: 20 starts. 13 goals
Newcastle: 46 starts. 25 goals.

If thats him not giving a shit....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:26 pm

Well. He (Wee Mikey) owns a most splendid abode in the middle of Mummy's golf course. I'm not so sure that we lesser lights would have had the plans for the glass extension passed through quite so readily though. :?

Anyway, the very fact that Youri Djorkaeff and Fernando Hierro have both played for us now lead me to conclude that whatever club a player shows up at, it will never come as a complete surprise again.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:27 pm

blurred wrote:
ratbert wrote:Whether Liverpool want him back is another matter.
Categorically not. Not the fans nor the manager.
Care to expand, Chief?
May the bridges I burn light your way

masked avenger
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by masked avenger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Well. He (Wee Mikey) owns a most splendid abode in the middle of Mummy's golf course. I'm not so sure that we lesser lights would have had the plans for the glass extension passed through quite so readily though. :?

Anyway, the very fact that Youri Djorkaeff and Fernando Hierro have both played for us now lead me to conclude that whatever club a player shows up at, it will never come as a complete surprise again.

so citizen, your mum own's a golf course? how rich are you??????????

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:01 am

I think he's absolutely top class and his goal on Sunday proved so......especially enjoyed him running off shouting "WHAT A F**KING FINISH!!"

If he was available and we had the money & salary, I'd have him in a heartbeat!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:40 am

Tombwfc wrote:
ratbert wrote:Owen doesn't want to play for any team other than Liverpool. He will not give his best for anyone else until he gets the move he wants.

He's just doing his job. I do get the impression the passion is missing, especially at Newcastle.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:04 am

ratbert wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:

He's just doing his job. I do get the impression the passion is missing, especially at Newcastle.
Rather have no passion and a scoring record like that than Kevin Davies..........................

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:16 am

Rather have Davies than Sicknote Owen!

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Rather have Davies than Sicknote Owen!

:lmfao:

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

I'd also rather have Trevor Morgan than Fernando Torres, Gary Henshaw than Cristiano Ronaldo and Nicky Brookman than Cesc Fabregas.

Quality.

Made my morning, that.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:07 pm

Puskas wrote:

I'd also rather have Trevor Morgan than Fernando Torres, Gary Henshaw than Cristiano Ronaldo and Nicky Brookman than Cesc Fabregas.

Quality.

Made my morning, that.
Lets pay a ridiculous amount of money to sign Owen then pay him silly money only for him to be constantly injured. Then as soon as he's fit and scores a goal he's after a move.

Like I say Davies has done more for this club than a lot of players ever will.

I'd rather have wholehearted committment and effort, even if its only 10 goals a season here than Owen on 50K a week sitting in the treatment room!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Puskas wrote:

Quality.

Made my morning, that.
Lets pay a ridiculous amount of money to sign Owen then pay him silly money only for him to be constantly injured. Then as soon as he's fit and scores a goal he's after a move.

Like I say Davies has done more for this club than a lot of players ever will.

I'd rather have wholehearted committment and effort, even if its only 10 goals a season here than Owen on 50K a week sitting in the treatment room!
Don't think Davo has bagged 10 Prem goals in a season, in his entire 11 years of playing in the Prem....but half way there this year.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:45 pm

I love Davo, but there are other players out there we could get to head the ball and run after it. Perhaps not quite as well as Davies, but good enough.

There aren't many players in the world that score at the rate Micheal Owen does. It's phenomenal how effortlessly he scores goals and has done for the last 10 years.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:11 pm

masked avenger wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Well. He (Wee Mikey) owns a most splendid abode in the middle of Mummy's golf course. I'm not so sure that we lesser lights would have had the plans for the glass extension passed through quite so readily though. :?

That's "mummy" of the "don't eat crayons" variety, rather than the maternal variety. :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:15 pm

masked avenger wrote:

Hmmm. Can't be Batman - he would never have stuck an apostrophe in where it does not belong. Would he? :D
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:05 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
masked avenger wrote:

Hmmm. Can't be Batman - he would never have stuck an apostrophe in where it does not belong. Would he? :D
Hmmm - Perhaps it was - his new member thread disappeared in mid-post on me. Scary.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:46 pm

Tombwfc wrote:I love Davo, but there are other players out there we could get to head the ball and run after it. Perhaps not quite as well as Davies, but good enough.

There aren't many players in the world that score at the rate Micheal Owen does. It's phenomenal how effortlessly he scores goals and has done for the last 10 years. When fit!

:wink:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:19 pm

Tombwfc wrote:I love Davo, but there are other players out there we could get to head the ball and run after it. Perhaps not quite as well as Davies, but good enough.

There aren't many players in the world that score at the rate Micheal Owen does. It's phenomenal how effortlessly he scores goals and has done for the last 10 years.
Was that reference to Agbonlahor on Saturday intentional? :conf:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:29 pm

Owen for the hunch backs??