Goal line technology....

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Village_Idiot2 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Village_Idiot2 wrote:Goal line technology would be fine, I just don't want the game stopping every 2 minutes for refs to check whatever doubftul decision. It would kill the game.
Oh come on, VI. I really have come to expect better from you than glib comments like that. I'll happily be proved wrong, but the only such incedent springing to my mind at our place was the header against Everton on The 'Bok's opening night.
That's one in 12 years at our place. As I say, there may be more, but to my mind these things tend to happen about once a season throughout the leagues, and as proved to be the case in 1997, an entire season can hinge on it.
I probably didn't explain myself well enough. I mean that I'm okay with goal line technology since these incidents are uncommon enough. But I would keep it at that. If we have to recheck penalty calls, sending offs, etc... I think it would be bad for the flow of the game.
I think it was me that didn't read it properly :oops:

We do, of course, agree.
With our style of football, would we notice an interupption in the flow?