Are the Dingles about to be sold??

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Aye, but that money is over 5 years. Its not going to have them competing in the Champions League, probably more where we were a few years back (ie Waffa or whatever it is now). I can't see them getting an avalanche more people, maybe the upper 20's to 30k. A redevelopment of that sh*t stand would be a good idea, but a massive hike to 45k is a little too "blue sky" for me.
So pro rata'd.. About what Megson was spending then?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:They want to increase their capacity to 40,000 to 45,000 :shock:

How empty is THAT going to look!

I know, I know, people in glass houses and all that but F*ck me this guy's not the full shilling.
I'm not sure why you're so sceptical, Enfieldo.

Firstly, in architectural terms, I'd imagine it will be relatively straightforward; they'll demolish the Riverside Stand and build something that looks like the other three. Though whether they'd have to straddle the river to do it I'm not sure.

In terms of bums on seats then the prospective new owners have made no secret of their plan to tap directly into Blackburn's sizeable Asian community, a sector of their society currently massively under-represented at Ewood (with the same applying to us).

And to tempt them along? Well, giving Allardyce £100,000,000 to spend in the transfer market should eventually see something worth their while turning up for being played.

As for Tango's "Pig's ear" remark, well, I think he's just posted something for the sake of posting something there.
When Bolton went for the Reebok they had the option of having a capacity of 30,000. Given that they were building it with a train station next door, a hotel at the front, easy access from the M61 and a HUGE retail park to the side, you would have thought they could have done it easily.

The team were riding high in the first division at the time too, and yet Bolton declined. A wise decision it seems too. Blackburn are the same as us. They are surrounded by Premiership teams with either a mouthwatering pedigree or more recent success. Christ, even Blackpool are competition nowadays and we've just lost Burnley. Any pretensions they can get back to where they were when they won the league are naive and foolhardy. They would have to invest £100,000,000 a year to get back there, not over five years.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Any pretensions they can get back to where they were when they won the league are naive and foolhardy. They would have to invest £100,000,000 a year to get back there, not over five years.
It doesn't look to me as though they're trying to 'get back' anywhere, more carry the club forward by tapping into an as-of-yet untapped market, and fair play to them. I think people on here are struggling to accept what they're trying to do because of who they are.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:38 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Aye, but that money is over 5 years. Its not going to have them competing in the Champions League, probably more where we were a few years back (ie Waffa or whatever it is now). I can't see them getting an avalanche more people, maybe the upper 20's to 30k. A redevelopment of that sh*t stand would be a good idea, but a massive hike to 45k is a little too "blue sky" for me.
So pro rata'd.. About what Megson was spending then?
Don't get me started...
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:00 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: As for Tango's "Pig's ear" remark, well, I think he's just posted something for the sake of posting something there.
Then again, you might consider Tango thinks, given the constant upheaval in economics, the rising costs of players and their wage demands and the ever-upward cost of living etc, that the whole concept of multi-rich entrepenuers pouring endless money into fooball as hobbies might be the sow's ear that will rarely, if ever, produce the silk purse. In truth, unless something happens to reduce it all back to levels of sanity, I might even believe that unless this happens, in fifteen years time, football may disappear altogether. You might even think I believe Bolton, with a 28,000 capacity ground, are a bigger and more important club than Blackburn...........And then again, you might not, who knows?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:Any pretensions they can get back to where they were when they won the league are naive and foolhardy. They would have to invest £100,000,000 a year to get back there, not over five years.
It doesn't look to me as though they're trying to 'get back' anywhere, more carry the club forward by tapping into an as-of-yet untapped market, and fair play to them. I think people on here are struggling to accept what they're trying to do because of who they are.
I was paraphrasing what was said in the story. Get back was definitely mentioned. :|

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: As for Tango's "Pig's ear" remark, well, I think he's just posted something for the sake of posting something there.
Then again, you might consider Tango thinks, given the constant upheaval in economics, the rising costs of players and their wage demands and the ever-upward cost of living etc, that the whole concept of multi-rich entrepenuers pouring endless money into fooball as hobbies might be the sow's ear that will rarely, if ever, produce the silk purse. In truth, unless something happens to reduce it all back to levels of sanity, I might even believe that unless this happens, in fifteen years time, football may disappear altogether. You might even think I believe Bolton, with a 28,000 capacity ground, are a bigger and more important club than Blackburn...........And then again, you might not, who knows?
Well, if Tango's unable to see the difference between someone drawing up a business plan comprising pre-identified additional revenue streams, and someone glibly pumping money into a football club, then that says to me that Tango clearly doesn't know what on earth he's on about.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Well, if Tango's unable to see the difference between someone drawing up a business plan comprising pre-identified additional revenue streams, and someone glibly pumping money into a football club, then that says to me that Tango clearly doesn't know what on earth he's on about.
That must be it then. I defer to your expertise in such things.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

ROVERS F.C.
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ROVERS F.C. » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Exciting times indeed once more for the famous boys in blue 'n' white!.Syed is NOT looking at a Man citeh throw silly money at it tenure.....15 year masterplan!

Dont know about a 45,000 seater stadium :shock: :? :shock: but this is the eventual plan of how the Cathedral of Ewood should really look....35,000 seater capacity:

Last edited by ROVERS F.C. on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PROUD BLACKBURN ROVERS FC....THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TOWN CLUB IN THE UK

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:48 pm

ROVERS F.C. wrote:Exciting times indeed once more for the famous boys in blue 'n' white!.Syed is NOT looking at a Man citeh throw silly money at it tenure.....15 year masterplan!

Dont know about a 45,000 seater stadium :? but this is the eventual plan of how Ewood should really look....35,000 seater capacity:

You wanna sort the drainage out in the bottom right corner. :wink:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:56 pm

ROVERS F.C. wrote:Exciting times indeed once more for the famous boys in blue 'n' white!.Syed is NOT looking at a Man citeh throw silly money at it tenure.....15 year masterplan!

Dont know about a 45,000 seater stadium :? but this is the eventual plan of how Ewood should really look....35,000 seater capacity:

There are people in most of the seats! :mrgreen:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:03 pm

First and last time.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Dont know about a 45,000 seater stadium :shock: :? :shock: but this is the eventual plan of how the Cathedral of Ewood should really look....35,000 seater capacity:

lights should be on big pylons in the corners... get it sorted!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:05 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7946016.stm

:wink:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:06 pm

Well we know that the dingles are interbred, and if we could get a close up of the 2 longside stands it will show alot of similar looking people.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:11 pm

thebish wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Wonder if they need a higher police presence to control that rent-a-mob?

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:21 pm

So if they up their capacity to 40k, does that mean they'll be giving half the stadium away every game?
Troll and proud of it.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Wonder if they need a higher police presence to control that rent-a-mob?
I've heard they often leave feeling a little deflated...
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:31 pm

I've just heard yer man on Fivelive.

He's never been to Blackburn but hopes to buy a house in Lancashire and become a proper supporter.

£300 million in the next 15 years?

Simon Goldberg?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Sulaiman Al Fahim, Sacha Gaydamak, Ali Al Faraj, Balram Chanrai.....

One lives in hope.