West Ham are complete failures! Let's all laugh at 'em!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:37 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Athers wrote:Players liaison officers are money well spent, only have to read Darius Vassell's blog to see what can happen to players in foreign countries without.

They won't know what a TV licence is for instance, or if they buy somewhere what should the workmen be charging for doing maintenance, what's a good school for their kids etc.

maybe - BUT - if I was paying someone a squillion quid a week I'd expect them to pay for their own buy-in help ffs!!!
Yeah, theoretically sound, bish, but in practice all a footballer should need to concern himself with is playing football.
No player as far as I know has left our place because he's homesick and if we pay people to make sure that that's the case then that's fine by me.
And anyway, up to now in Tesco Horwich I've seen Gardner, Diouf, Pedersen and........ get this....... Ali Al Habsi and his Mrs who were deciding which ironing board to buy, so I'm doubting that our lot have their arses wiped - they're just taken care of.
I once saw Ivan Campo in Tesco Horwich buying a 24 variety pack of crisps. Also Radhi Jaidi buying a birthday card. :)

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:46 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Athers wrote:Players liaison officers are money well spent, only have to read Darius Vassell's blog to see what can happen to players in foreign countries without.

They won't know what a TV licence is for instance, or if they buy somewhere what should the workmen be charging for doing maintenance, what's a good school for their kids etc.

maybe - BUT - if I was paying someone a squillion quid a week I'd expect them to pay for their own buy-in help ffs!!!
Yeah, theoretically sound, bish, but in practice all a footballer should need to concern himself with is playing football.
No player as far as I know has left our place because he's homesick and if we pay people to make sure that that's the case then that's fine by me.
And anyway, up to now in Tesco Horwich I've seen Gardner, Diouf, Pedersen and........ get this....... Ali Al Habsi and his Mrs who were deciding which ironing board to buy, so I'm doubting that our lot have their arses wiped - they're just taken care of.
I once saw Ivan Campo in Tesco Horwich buying a 24 variety pack of crisps. Also Radhi Jaidi buying a birthday card. :)
Al Habsi walks his kids past my mothers all the time, he's always with about 3 women, makes me wonder how many wioves he has
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:32 am

Gary the Enfield wrote: I once saw Ivan Campo in Tesco Horwich buying a 24 variety pack of crisps. Also Radhi Jaidi buying a birthday card. :)
Oh, and how could I forget? Hierro buying pizzas
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:39 am

David Lee's Hair wrote:Al Habsi walks his kids past my mothers all the time, he's always with about 3 women, makes me wonder how many wioves he has
Hey, maybe the club supply him with a harem? Blimey, all Barry Siddall got was a Lada Riva off Euroway Car Centre. :shock:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:57 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
David Lee's Hair wrote:Al Habsi walks his kids past my mothers all the time, he's always with about 3 women, makes me wonder how many wioves he has
Hey, maybe the club supply him with a harem? Blimey, all Barry Siddall got was a Lada Riva off Euroway Car Centre. :shock:
Maybe hs should have had a chat with Peter Shilton.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: ....... Ali Al Habsi and his Mrs who were deciding which ironing board to buy, so I'm doubting that our lot have their arses wiped - they're just taken care of.
Glad to see we're paying him enough then.

... cue for 1,000 George Oghani jokes !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:45 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: ....... Ali Al Habsi and his Mrs who were deciding which ironing board to buy, so I'm doubting that our lot have their arses wiped - they're just taken care of.
Glad to see we're paying him enough then.

... cue for 1,000 George Oghani jokes !
I'm still using my George Oghironing Board....

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:46 pm

"I can't believe the contracts I've inherited."

Surely that should have been looked into before buying the club
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Raven wrote:"I can't believe the contracts I've inherited."

you woud have imagined so - yes! especially as (as noted above) - they were very quickly promising a mega-signing on £100,000 a week...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:56 pm

Seems like he knows the club is about to implode and is washing his hands of any attachment of blame while he still can. The owners spouting all this publicly and pretty much demanding pay-cuts, will have a detrimental effect on West Ham.....

....... Long may it continue :pissed:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

rockthereebok
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by rockthereebok » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:30 pm

I seem to remember Mike Ashley saying a similar thing about Newcastle when he took over...

I also remember Gold and Sullivan saying they'd be willing to pay a certain aging Dutch striker £100,000 a week.

As with so many takeovers, this one has quickly turned sour. Be interesting to see what happens if they do go down.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:10 pm

rockthereebok wrote:

I seem to remember Mike Ashley saying a similar thing about Newcastle when he took over...

I also remember Gold and Sullivan saying they'd be willing to pay a certain aging Dutch striker £100,000 a week.

As with so many takeovers, this one has quickly turned sour. Be interesting to see what happens if they do go down.
Football will die. Simple. And the Queen. She supports Wet Spam. Probably.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Its the Queen Mum. God bless her.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Its the Queen Mum. God bless her.

Fook, she's already dead. I bet that was our fault. In fact I've just Wiki-ed, she died the year before. It's lavly she never ad to see er bluvved ammers go dahn on account o' them norvern mankees. We was the better team, what do points matta? We ad principles.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Fredi
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Fredi » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:29 pm

Sure I read somewhere that the Queen is a Gooner!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Fredi wrote:Sure I read somewhere that the Queen is a Gooner!
No, as said above, that's the Queen Mother & she's a-goner !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Christ Almighty!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 544520.stm
Taking on former Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg, who left in 2008 just one year into a four-year deal, and former England midfielder Kieron Dyer were highlighted as two bad deals.

The pair started a combined total of 32 matches for West Ham since the summer of 2007, and according to Igoe will cost the group £34m over the term of their contracts.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:34 pm

boltonboris wrote:Christ Almighty!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 544520.stm
Taking on former Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg, who left in 2008 just one year into a four-year deal, and former England midfielder Kieron Dyer were highlighted as two bad deals.

The pair started a combined total of 32 matches for West Ham since the summer of 2007, and according to Igoe will cost the group £34m over the term of their contracts.
and it's portsmouth who went tits up????

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:40 pm

I read earlier that in late 2008 they gave Sicknote Ashton a new contract. 12 months later they had to settle it to the tune of over £5m.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Wonder how much Elmander will end up costing us? Theres plenty of glass houses in the Premeir League at the moment.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.