West Ham are complete failures! Let's all laugh at 'em!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I read earlier that in late 2008 they gave Sicknote Ashton a new contract. 12 months later they had to settle it to the tune of over £5m.
That would be a FIVE YEAR contract they gave him !!

If you didn'tr know better you'd think 'appy 'arry had something to do with this club.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:36 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Wonder how much Elmander will end up costing us? Theres plenty of glass houses in the Premeir League at the moment.
yeah - but none quite as funny as West Ham!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:03 pm

Is it reasonable to suggest he's on 40k pw? Potentially a £17m deal? So similar in cost to either Dyer or Ljungberg. I'm not sure I'm seeing the joke just about now.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:15 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Is it reasonable to suggest he's on 40k pw? Potentially a £17m deal? So similar in cost to either Dyer or Ljungberg. I'm not sure I'm seeing the joke just about now.
cheer up LK - it is STILL way more likely that Elmo will come good than it was that dyer or Ljungberg would have - we might yet reap the reward!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:18 pm

If he scores a hat trick against United, I'll be the first demanding a lifetime contract. Or even just one......so long as its the winner, mind,lets not get carried away.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:30 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Is it reasonable to suggest he's on 40k pw? Potentially a £17m deal? So similar in cost to either Dyer or Ljungberg. I'm not sure I'm seeing the joke just about now.
How many games has Elmander missed? The two Hammers in question played at around £1 million per game
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:30 pm

I think the number of chances he's missed would be a more pertinent stat.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:23 pm

It's a matter of time before they buy a few players, and the stupid bubble-blowers start bragging that they're chasing CL football :lol:

Spurs and West Ham are great, both as s***e as we are, but they tend to listen to their media-hype, created by other Spammers and Yid fans, funnily enough.
Troll and proud of it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I think the number of chances he's missed would be a more pertinent stat.
how many chances has elmander missed?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:57 pm

thebish wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:I think the number of chances he's missed would be a more pertinent stat.
how many chances has elmander missed?
But that's not the whole story is it? It's how many chances he misses per minute compared toDavosquaredoverthehypotenuseohigiveup....
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:12 pm

Ok. Simple question to try and get round the "stats prove everything" line of attack. Do you feel at between £14m and £17m (I'm trying to include every opinion in this debate) Elmander represents value for money? And further, value for money enoughness* to criticise equally costly transfers?

*yeah yeah

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Ok. Simple question to try and get round the "stats prove everything" line of attack. Do you feel at between £14m and £17m (I'm trying to include every opinion in this debate) Elmander represents value for money? And further, value for money enoughness* to criticise equally costly transfers?

*yeah yeah
S'all relative innit. Compared to Anelka, hell no, compared to Afonso Alves, hell yes. Overall I'd have to say no, we overpaid on him, but that doesn't make him a bad player either. To expect us never to make a transfer mistake, or pay over the odds every once in a while is ludicrous, but West Ham haven't done that. Dyer, Llujgberg, Neill, Ashton, car park attendant man, I'm sure there are more.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Ok. Simple question to try and get round the "stats prove everything" line of attack. Do you feel at between £14m and £17m (I'm trying to include every opinion in this debate) Elmander represents value for money? And further, value for money enoughness* to criticise equally costly transfers?

*yeah yeah

no - i was just interested in how many chances elmo has missed... you're changing the question!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:58 pm

*yeah yeah
I'm fairly sure there's plenty to point at who cost way more than Elmander and gave feck all return.

Given that you have no notion how much he's paid, say in comparison to Andy Johnson at Fulham who cost £10.2m then value for money is all a bit inconclusive.

Bet Veron was only on about £10k per week.

We only managed so well previously, because the one time Allardyce was given decent money to spend it paid off. In general, other clubs haven't been historically so lucky, so we probably need to weigh Elmander's signing up against the general baseline rather than Bolton's.

That said, I'm disappointed with his return for our investment, but whether it is "value for money" is a bit of a bollocks comparison to try and make.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:57 pm

thebish wrote:

*yeah yeah

no - i was just interested in how many chances elmo has missed... you're changing the question!
The one against Fulham springs to mind. If he's not missed many more, and hardly scored any, surely that adds weight to the argument, cos he's a bloody striker. Non?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
thebish wrote:

*yeah yeah

The one against Fulham springs to mind. If he's not missed many more, and hardly scored any, surely that adds weight to the argument, cos he's a bloody striker. Non?
I just wanted to know is all!!! You raised it as an interesting stat to know.

so far - we counted 1 - I'm guessing it's more than that!

rockthereebok
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by rockthereebok » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:27 pm

I've got a horrible feeling we'll be laughing on the othersides of our face after the match tomorrow. They've hit form at just the wrong time. Still, they're screwed financially so there's still that to laugh at. And, as this Premier League match preview points out, the Burnley result should make us smile too. A point for us tomorrow would be a bonus.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
thebish wrote:

*yeah yeah

Mandy couldn't penetrate a sl*g in Ikon, that's how lacking in confidence he is
Troll and proud of it.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:06 pm

just lost 1-3 at home to Wolves, fans singing " your not fit to wear the shirt ".

they are in real trouble now just 3 points clear with 7 games to go.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:39 pm

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... &start=400

Amazing scenes.

They won't have to go far to find Curbs at least.