Tonight's Football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:41 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Yep. I generally find city fans to be an alright bunch too.
They were when they were moaning every week and were trying to convince everyone that really they're a massive, massive club. However, these days I see that the wankers hat is fitting them more and more comfortably.
But does that apply to City fans who've been going for years?

I bet they feel as sick of the johnny come latelys as everyone else does.

I know a couple of City fans who are just loving this period and enjoying every minute because they have no idea how long it will last. But seemingly there are plenty of "newer fans" who are screaming disaster if they lose a game against Barca and calling for sackings every five minutes. It is just modern football I guess.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:18 am

boltonboris wrote:Yep. I generally find city fans to be an alright bunch too.

Not your typical type that you get from Arsenal / Liverpool / United.
All my family are City fans - except me. They all grew up in Stockport, Chadderton, Denton Hattersley and Hyde whereas my parents moved to Bolton when I was but a nipper. They aren't a bad bunch as rellies go :wink:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:37 pm

GMR, or whatever they call it these days, used to be a hoot when Citeh were poor, or even ordinary.

Every win was the beginning of World domination. Every defeat the need to have a clear out ... starting with the manager and culminating with more or less the whole squad. Any young player capable of lacing up his boots and achieving half a dozen completed passes was the new Colin Bell.

I miss those days.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
But does that apply to City fans who've been going for years?
Some of them yes, most definitely.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:29 pm

bobo the clown wrote:GMR, or whatever they call it these days, used to be a hoot when Citeh were poor, or even ordinary.

Every win was the beginning of World domination. Every defeat the need to have a clear out ... starting with the manager and culminating with more or less the whole squad. Any young player capable of lacing up his boots and achieving half a dozen completed passes was the new Colin Bell.

I miss those days.
Why? You've pretty much got exactly that situation at the club you actually support....drink in the goodness.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:GMR, or whatever they call it these days, used to be a hoot when Citeh were poor, or even ordinary.

I miss those days.
Why? You've pretty much got exactly that situation at the club you actually support....drink in the goodness.
How so ?

Every win here is seen as the unlikely outcome of a fckwits meanderings. Every lose confirms out worst suspicions and a decent youngster coming through is either a mirage or ....... well, tbh, a mirage.

Not the same as the GMR suicide hour at all.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:41 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I miss those days.
How so ?

Every win here is seen as the unlikely outcome of a fckwits meanderings. Every lose confirms out worst suspicions and a decent youngster coming through is either a mirage or ....... well, tbh, a mirage.

It is exactly the same. Any young player who scores in the ressies should be in the first team.

We lose and it is the end of the world. Win a couple and it is the start of a run.

What you've described is pretty much every club that has had better days at some point...City fans were only the marker for that because there were a relatively large number of them and they were struggling on and off for a relatively long time.

I can absolutely 100% guarantee you there will be fans of other clubs like Oldham or Rochdale who listen to Radio Manchester (Not GMR any longer) who will say "Bolton fans moaning on again....." who find it hilarious, in exactly the same way.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:54 pm

It's best when an apoplectic Bijou Bob rings in. "I've traveled down from the Arctic Tundra to watch that shit .............." :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I miss those days.
How so ?

It is exactly the same. Any young player who scores in the ressies should be in the first team.

We lose and it is the end of the world. Win a couple and it is the start of a run.

What you've described is pretty much every club that has had better days at some point...City fans were only the marker for that because there were a relatively large number of them and they were struggling on and off for a relatively long time.

I can absolutely 100% guarantee you there will be fans of other clubs like Oldham or Rochdale who listen to Radio Manchester (Not GMR any longer) who will say "Bolton fans moaning on again....." who find it hilarious, in exactly the same way.
You are just argumentative for the sake of it. Citeh fans took that to extremes I've never heard before with, maybe, the exception of Everton fans.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:04 pm

bobo the clown wrote:You are just argumentative for the sake of it. Citeh fans took that to extremes I've never heard before with, maybe, the exception of Everton fans.
I disagree totally. You think other fans weren't laughing their nuts off and shaking their heads when the saw the scallies with painted Megson out bedsheets? You think they didn't think "what a load of entitled tossers Bolton fans are"?

Of course they did. And they probably thought the relegation "back to where they belong" was hilarious too. Especially those clubs in the North West like Oldham etc who get to here Bolton fans on phone ins more than other areas of the country might.

There was so much City angst because as I say they went through a long period of disappointment and they maintained a relatively large fan base through that.

But I hear on the radio and elsewhere stuff like "no disrespect but we should be beating the likes of...." which is exactly the sort of stuff City fans came out with.

I'm not saying it is wrong or right but I'd certainly not be saying Man City fans acted any differently to how ours are. It was louder possibly and in greater number but not different.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:You are just argumentative for the sake of it. Citeh fans took that to extremes I've never heard before with, maybe, the exception of Everton fans.
I disagree totally. You think other fans weren't laughing their nuts off and shaking their heads when the saw the scallies with painted Megson out bedsheets? You think they didn't think "what a load of entitled tossers Bolton fans are"?

Of course they did. And they probably thought the relegation "back to where they belong" was hilarious too. Especially those clubs in the North West like Oldham etc who get to here Bolton fans on phone ins more than other areas of the country might.

There was so much City angst because as I say they went through a long period of disappointment and they maintained a relatively large fan base through that.

But I hear on the radio and elsewhere stuff like "no disrespect but we should be beating the likes of...." which is exactly the sort of stuff City fans came out with.

I'm not saying it is wrong or right but I'd certainly not be saying Man City fans acted any differently to how ours are. It was louder possibly and in greater number but not different.
Sorry :conf:
I was unaware that City ever employed Megson :roll:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

They have employed him in the past.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

They have employed him in the past.
OK I meant as manager :oops:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:41 pm

Our Gary against Drogba tonight. Should be interesting....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:43 pm

Wigan 1 nil up at home to Yeovil going into the last 10 mins. Cue 5 goals in the last 8 mins plus injury time. 3-3.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:33 pm

'Apy 'Arry"s calamity show again tonight .... 3-0 loss to Sheff Wed.

What a shame.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:57 pm

bobo the clown wrote:'Apy 'Arry"s calamity show again tonight .... 3-0 loss to Sheff Wed.

What a shame.
They are so fcuked if they don't go up. I'll love it, love it!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:01 am

Hoboh wrote:
I knew that really, but someone had to do the pedant bit :mrgreen:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:09 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
and you've got the badge 8) (I know, because I awarded it).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:55 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
and you've got the badge 8) (I know, because I awarded it).
I've not achieved stage 2 yet though. Still learning and goodness knows what level Bish and Monty are at :lol: