ALLARDYCE APPOINTED NEWCASTLE MANAGER

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 15, 2007 1:51 pm

http://www.newcastleutd-mad.co.uk/news/ ... &id=338641

The writer on the NUFC FootyMad site seems to think Allardyce should clear out the backroom dreck, mentions Mike Forde and quotes Allardyce thusly: "Building the infrastructure was always the most important thing. It has taught me that, wherever I go, it becomes the essential thing to do, to organise a group who are qualified in what they do, give them the responsibility to do it with me overseeing it, then delivering it to the players in order to make them better and enjoy playing football more than they have anywhere else."

Any idea when that quote's from? SSN has just covered Allardyce's press conference for half an hour or so...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 15, 2007 1:52 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:his relationship with shephard is the key. if that falls to bits, he'll just feck off
Possibly, but I was thinking that the Geordies aren't going to like it very much when he starts blaming the fans for bad results the way he did here.

DSB, let me think about it :)
:D

No pressure, I'm a tightwad and beginning to regret it, but surely even Shepherd isn't stupid enough to sign a £13m managerial contract (more if the backroom is overhauled), fund summer signings then pull the plug before September, when at least one board somewhere panics and presses the eject button...

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue May 15, 2007 1:53 pm

be a shame if he poached someone like Forde, where would you start looking for a replacement for someone like that? :conf:

he can find his own performance dude

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue May 15, 2007 1:54 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:http://www.newcastleutd-mad.co.uk/news/ ... &id=338641

The writer on the NUFC FootyMad site seems to think Allardyce should clear out the backroom dreck, mentions Mike Forde and quotes Allardyce thusly: "Building the infrastructure was always the most important thing. It has taught me that, wherever I go, it becomes the essential thing to do, to organise a group who are qualified in what they do, give them the responsibility to do it with me overseeing it, then delivering it to the players in order to make them better and enjoy playing football more than they have anywhere else."

Any idea when that quote's from? SSN has just covered Allardyce's press conference for half an hour or so...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1779
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 15, 2007 1:54 pm

Poach somebedy else from Prozone and scour the world for Sports mad psychologists, theres gotta be some in Brazil!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue May 15, 2007 1:57 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:be a shame if he poached someone like Forde, where would you start looking for a replacement for someone like that? :conf:
I'd switch my degree to sports science straightaway for that job...
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 15, 2007 1:57 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Any idea when that quote's from? SSN has just covered Allardyce's press conference for half an hour or so...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1779
Ta

While we're about it, he's after keeping Owen here
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... +Owen+stay
and losing the injuries here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 654121.stm

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue May 15, 2007 2:10 pm

Allardyce left Bolton after over seven years, citing his need for a rest but also admitting the desire to win silverware was behind his decision.

After a six-day break in Spain he said the move to Newcastle came about over a hectic weekend.
Phew, glad he managed to get that turbo rest in in time :crazy:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue May 15, 2007 2:18 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:While we're about it, he's after keeping Owen here
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... +Owen+stay
Ha ha - he says in that one that he has no clause in his contract allowing him to take the England job...

And exactly what difference does that make, Sam? :crazy: :D

Anyway, I can't help it, I actually wish him well, apart from any threat Newcastle provide to our place in the footballing hierarchy.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue May 15, 2007 2:26 pm

Lying Sack of Horse Shit wrote:"I'm not saying I can get it right at the flick of a switch. If there are some sticky times I hope we can get over them for the best of the supporters and me."
Good luck with that. Not every club is as forgiving as Bolton.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 15, 2007 2:29 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Anyway, I can't help it, I actually wish him well, apart from any threat Newcastle provide to our place in the footballing hierarchy.
My thoughts precisely.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue May 15, 2007 3:16 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:be a shame if he poached someone like Forde, where would you start looking for a replacement for someone like that? :conf:
I'd switch my degree to sports science straightaway for that job...
have you ever met someone on a PE or sports science degree? They're all total wankers...hmm like lawyers then, you'll be fine!

:wink:

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Tue May 15, 2007 3:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:surely even Shepherd isn't stupid enough to sign a £13m managerial contract (more if the backroom is overhauled), fund summer signings then pull the plug before September, when at least one board somewhere panics and presses the eject button...
Wanna bet?
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Tue May 15, 2007 3:43 pm

Sam is OLD NEWS, can some one please move this and any related threads from the Trotters Forum and put them in the General Banter Forum where they belong.

He did good for us, he lied and let us down at the end and is now well and truely someone to despise and laugh at as a Manager of Newcastle United. So lets get him out of our system and concentrate on the future not the past.

So no more Sam rantings (for or against) please.

Lets concentrate on Sammy and what he does as its much more important than continuing to talk and debate about a Bolton has been.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 15, 2007 4:00 pm

FaninOz wrote:Sam is OLD NEWS, can some one please move this and any related threads from the Trotters Forum and put them in the General Banter Forum where they belong.

He did good for us, he lied and let us down at the end and is now well and truely someone to despise and laugh at as a Manager of Newcastle United. So lets get him out of our system and concentrate on the future not the past.

Lets concentrate on Sammy and what he does as its much more important than continuing to talk and debate about a Bolton has been.
The season just ended FAO. Not unnaturally, Sam A is still news; he was at the game Sunday and he'll never be regarded as a "has-been" by most Bolton fans. He's a Bolton legend.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Tue May 15, 2007 4:06 pm

He did say he wanted to take a break. He's had six days. Let him get on at Newcie and hope it isn't a town too far. He'll have to clear out the majority of loafers, whingers and the lame and start afresh. He did good for us but will the zillions of Newcie fans be satisfied with what style of play he produced at Bolton? 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue May 15, 2007 4:41 pm

FaninOz wrote:Sam is OLD NEWS, can some one please move this and any related threads from the Trotters Forum and put them in the General Banter Forum where they belong.

Yes, and while were at it, let start charging Nat Lofthouse for his tickets! :roll:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue May 15, 2007 5:11 pm

OK I am sorry for this but I was scrolling through the channels and unfortunately found TalkSport. Durham says all we did under Sam was punt the ball to Davies who is all fouls and elbows. Then he kindly points out Davo has committed the most fouls in three straight season(conveniently failing to add that he is the most fouled). Says playing under Sam made Nakata retire. Also he seems to think Davo still played down the middle and that Anelka played out wide. :conf:

Complete tosser. Then says Sam will play Owen in 'the Davies' role and that If Sam got the England job Owen would have refused to play for him. The anti-Bolton attitude he has was just staggering and I had to get it out of my system as I found it totally outraging.

8th, 6th, 8th, 7th. That's not long ball. That is winning football. We were efficient under Sam, sometimes it wasn't pretty others it was just the right balance. We got to see Okocha, Youri, Hierro, Campo, Diouf, Anelka etc.

Interesting listening to his press conference, Sam still refers to us as we and is pretty stout in his defence of us. How can anyone really be bitter towards the guy? He has moved on and so will we. As long as he doesn't raid us for players or staff I will bear no ill-feeling towards Sam.

Mansell Way
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mansell Way » Tue May 15, 2007 5:17 pm

On the front of todays b.e.n it says:

"is this big sams new job? details page 3" I thought what the hell has he got himself into now?

:mrgreen:

Seriously, good luck to him he has my blessing he's gone to a bigger richer club

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue May 15, 2007 5:31 pm

cowdrill wrote:Kieron Dyer is awesome when fully fit

awesome
Plenty of the Newcastle fans want shut of him, apparently. :conf: