It's about time somebody started this thread!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: It's about time somebody started this thread!

Post by jaffka » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:59 am

I wonder if he will look for another job.

Probably out of our league.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:07 am

Spurz
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:09 am

boltonboris wrote:Spurz
Good call.

Villa maybe as well.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:17 am

Can't see Spurs. Doesn't fit Levy's mould IMO. He'll want a 'Head Coach' to coach them how to do tippy-tappy football and have nowt to do with signings.

If Norwich stay up I could see Lennon going there and Moyes at Celtic.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:22 am

Villa are a good shout. Also insert Newcastle. Everton and Leeds under normal circumstances would be in that category, but obviously not this time. I think he'll take a year out (probably a condition) then Celtic is a good shout.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:26 am

Villa is a poisoned chalice. "Big city club" with no money and an owner who wants to build on young players rather than spending much money. Might be the right thing to do, but it is very long term and the expectations of their fans means you're up against it from the start. I think Moyes would be too savvy to go there, unless he was offered money to spend. In many ways it would be like taking Everton over 12 years ago, why would he want to do that again?

Celtic is a great idea for him, played for them and would mean he would be handed by default the trophies his mangerial career will likely never have in any other circumstances now. In fact it would be a no brainer for all concerned really. He's probably a better manager than Lennon anyway.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:32 am

A character like Moyes doesn't take on a club like Everton for an easy ride. I suspect he's looking for a "prove them wrong" challenge.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:44 am

Lord Kangana wrote:A character like Moyes doesn't take on a club like Everton for an easy ride. I suspect he's looking for a "prove them wrong" challenge.
The only way he can prove anyone wrong is by winning some trophies. He's done everything bar that at Everton, well that and getting a team into the champions league proper. He's not going to do either of those at Villa very likely. Not in a hurry anyroad.

He took on Everton from Preston. It was a fantastic step up.

Given he's made his money I can't see him wanting to take a step as far back as Villa because he's right back to where he was when he left Preston.

He's an odd one because at Everton he was arguable the only choice for a top club wanting a British manager. 10 months later I can't see the top 5 or 6 clubs having him near the top of their lists.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:46 am

Villa were the first club that came to my mind when it said that Moyes had been sacked. His stock's low just now as not only have Man U sunk like a relative stone under his tenure, but Everton have actually done better without him (and his star player). Villa will be as good an offer as he gets, I reckon.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:49 am

BWFC_Insane wrote: He took on Everton from Preston. It was a fantastic step up.
At the time I didn't think he'd do it and thought he would wait for a better offer. Everton were in all sorts of bother and looked dead cert's for relegation at the time and he'd once again pretty much guaranteed Preston a play off place.
May the bridges I burn light your way

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:59 am

It's possible he may be on gardening leave for the next five years so he might never work again.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:04 am

What are Dougie's odds to take over from him? Should we worry?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:04 am

According to a few sources, he had a clause in his contract saying he'd only be entitled to a pay-off for the remainder of the current season and the full term of next season's salary should he not finish in the top 4 during ANY of his 6 years.

£4.5m was the figure mooted this morning

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:16 am

boltonboris wrote:According to a few sources, he had a clause in his contract saying he'd only be entitled to a pay-off for the remainder of the current season and the full term of next season's salary should he not finish in the top 4 during ANY of his 6 years.

Poor him.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: He took on Everton from Preston. It was a fantastic step up.
At the time I didn't think he'd do it and thought he would wait for a better offer. Everton were in all sorts of bother and looked dead cert's for relegation at the time and he'd once again pretty much guaranteed Preston a play off place.
I suppose, though Everton were/are a big club comparatively to Preston, despite them being in trouble at the time. I can see why he took that job when he did.

I think Villa now is different. You might be right that it is the best sort of offer he'd get but I'm still not convinced he'd do it.

Newcastle? I'm sure they'll need a new manager at some point not too far off.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Beefheart wrote:
boltonboris wrote:According to a few sources, he had a clause in his contract saying he'd only be entitled to a pay-off for the remainder of the current season and the full term of next season's salary should he not finish in the top 4 during ANY of his 6 years.

Poor him.
Wasn't being sympathetic..

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:32 pm

There have been some arrogant pricks on R5 this morning. Biggest club in the world etc. Not many with manc accents. Sorry they ran out of time before we could hear the opinions of the representative of the Hong Kong scummers.

My hope for a repeat of the post-Busby decline may not come to pass, indeed, depressingly, I'm almost certain it won't. But I now fervently wish for a Liverpool championship so they are back on level terms with the FRS. And a succession of failing managers, each given 9 months, would be like every day a Christmas day...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:42 pm

William the White wrote:There have been some arrogant pricks on R5 this morning. Biggest club in the world etc. Not many with manc accents. Sorry they ran out of time before we could hear the opinions of the representative of the Hong Kong scummers.

My hope for a repeat of the post-Busby decline may not come to pass, indeed, depressingly, I'm almost certain it won't. But I now fervently wish for a Liverpool championship so they are back on level terms with the FRS. And a succession of failing managers, each given 9 months, would be like every day a Christmas day...
:lol: :lol:

I think Liverpool would need two more to get back level - think they're only on 18 titles Vs 20....

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:44 pm

William the White wrote:There have been some arrogant pricks on R5 this morning. Biggest club in the world etc. Not many with manc accents. Sorry they ran out of time before we could hear the opinions of the representative of the Hong Kong scummers.

A-bloody-men to that :oyea:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:56 pm

I cannot comprehend wanting Liverpool to win anything. They will win it this year. But god I hope it is a flash in the pan......