West Ham are complete failures! Let's all laugh at 'em!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: West Ham are complete failures! Let's all laugh at 'em!

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:57 pm

That's what Sam does, he delivers the module and makes dreams come true! :lol:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:58 pm

West Ham really do have some poor players, Green, Ilunga and worst of all I thought Sears. Academy of football indeed.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Nolan was anonymous.

And Green is now the shittest keeper in the CHampionship.

You know you've got problems when your greatest attacking threat is provided by JOB.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:02 pm

They had a few decent chances; good shot from Taylor, but Marshall was MOTM for me. J.O'B and Taylor didn't disgrace themelves and Parker was a cut above in midfield. Cedit to Cardiff for just keeping at it. Green should have got the goalshot. Sam didn't look thrilled, did he? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:03 pm

JOB and Taylor looked by some distance their best players today. Parker showed once again why he is massively overrated IMO, was he even on the pitch?

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:04 pm

JOB was quality all game and was West Ham's best player!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:JOB and Taylor looked by some distance their best players today. Parker showed once again why he is massively overrated IMO, was he even on the pitch?
Eh?

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Taylor stood out for me as the best player on the pitch.

Ilunga and Sears also stood out - for different reasons.

Some dire stuff on display on the whole.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Nolan was anonymous.
apart from missing that sitter 2 yds out... :wink:

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:JOB was quality all game and was West Ham's best player!
No. He had a decent game and Matty Taylor was their best player.

Oh and Rob Green continues to be shite!!
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:09 pm

BwfcDan wrote:
Tals-biggest-fan wrote:JOB was quality all game and was West Ham's best player!
No. He had a decent game and Matty Taylor was their best player.

Oh and Rob Green continues to be shite!!

matty seems to have slimmed down - also seemed to have a little bit more pace about him..

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:12 pm

Woah bish, I wouldn't call that pace. The whole game was played at a far lower tempo than your average Premiership game. He still looked second best when he had to run for anything.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:12 pm

West Ham have some really good names in their midfield, packed full of ability and experience but absolutely no pace whatsoever.

Parker, Nolan, Taylor and Noble all run like they have lead weights in their boots.

Piqiuonne and Cole don't exactly strike me as 20 goal a season strikers in any league. Although they should get lots of chances.

They still have a few weak links like Ilunga and Sears and it's nice to see Green is still prone to the same old errors.

O'Brien looked busy though, thought he was their best player along with Taylor. Lot of work still to do for Sam.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:23 pm

:lol:
West Ham starting as they mean to go on. In the bottom three.
Businesswoman of the year.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:27 pm

Good game. About Hammer's standard and looking like they may just carry on right down into the next lower division. Sad that BSA lost with so many ex wanderers but sh1t happens and I hope that somewhere in his thoughts is that this could be seen as some form of justice. Didn't get the England job but now manages the England team that won the world cup. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:I think we should all show respect for Allardyce, after what he did for us.
He's a fat prick.

Love how he's talking about how he left us cos we lacked ambition and weren't prepared to take him to the champions league. Well how's that worked out, surely in the time he's left hes won some trophies and qualified for the champs league a couple of times? No? Well he must be managing a top 6 premiership side at least, I mean he is that good at delivering 'the module'? No? Well must have a solid mid table prem side ready for an assault on Europe? No......premiership side? No........

Back in the championship, well done Sam, well done!
Did you catch him in bed with your missus or something?! It's a fecking obsession. He can't breathe without you reporting to everyone on here how he breathes like a prick and is nowhere near as good at breathing as he thinks he is and now he is back breathing where he belongs.

Is anyone who refers to themselves in the third person seriously automatically a bit of a bell-end? Yes. Was the way he left the club a lot twatty? yes, but fook me, there are still folk on here who idolise Diouf and want Joey Barton. Big Sam is not in their league in terms of twatishness.

He was amazing for us, best manager in my lifetime by a country fecking mile, so I don't care that he is a bit of a knob. Others do, great, but this stalker thing you have is verging on ridiculous.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:No it isn't an insane load of old bollox. Signing a couple of players may well have seen us in the Champions League.

Whether we had the money or not is a moot point.
Aye but two players at what cost? He'd already spent 10M that season, net!

In fact don't think we'd sold a meaningful player since Ricketts, so everything had been net spend. Let's say he wanted two players at say 6M each. That would be 22M net spend over the season.

If we did make fourth place would he then have wanted to spend more to get through the qualifier? I'd say that's almost certain given we were already risking it all on qualifying. At what point would he say ok, I'm happy with what I've spent? If his ambition was to be in the champions league I'd say as a certainty he was at the wrong club. Fact is he's not even in the premiership now.

And as for W4E I think he was a great manager for us, but the man is a complete walking ego and embarrassment. Don't see why that shouldn't be pointed out ala Benitez, Wenger etc as is the way on here, repeatedly.
All of this. All of it.

Yees he did some good stuff, but he bought some shite too & I remain sceptical about some of his dealings. I'm afraid I do believe the inferences of the Panorama programme. So ... despite it all ... I feel he blew his chance of being our greatest manager.

He DID lie to leave ... & cost us about £2m in compensation. Then looked to strip our club after leaving us with the likes of Cid, Braaten & Wilhelmson en route.

He then showed at his blessed "big club" that he was shite with a big budget.

HGis ego is bigger than Mount Everest and this piece is almost Marxist in it's revisionist style, simply re-writing history.

Plus his routine slagging off of managers, referees and anyone who got in his way had long become embarrassing.

No-one knew more than Gartside & Eddie D (Eavis ???) what our finances were like but it was clear we had limited funds and to chase the dragon may have had us bust by now.

He was good, though dull in style. Ambitious but uncontrolled. He's history. Thanks for the ride man, but now move along.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:25 pm

KUMB never let you down:

"There is some quite incredible big-girls-blousery going on on this thread."

:lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:I think we should all show respect for Allardyce, after what he did for us.
He's a fat prick.

Love how he's talking about how he left us cos we lacked ambition and weren't prepared to take him to the champions league. Well how's that worked out, surely in the time he's left hes won some trophies and qualified for the champs league a couple of times? No? Well he must be managing a top 6 premiership side at least, I mean he is that good at delivering 'the module'? No? Well must have a solid mid table prem side ready for an assault on Europe? No......premiership side? No........

Did you catch him in bed with your missus or something?! It's a fecking obsession. He can't breathe without you reporting to everyone on here how he breathes like a prick and is nowhere near as good at breathing as he thinks he is and now he is back breathing where he belongs.

Is anyone who refers to themselves in the third person seriously automatically a bit of a bell-end? Yes. Was the way he left the club a lot twatty? yes, but fook me, there are still folk on here who idolise Diouf and want Joey Barton. Big Sam is not in their league in terms of twatishness.

He was amazing for us, best manager in my lifetime by a country fecking mile, so I don't care that he is a bit of a knob. Others do, great, but this stalker thing you have is verging on ridiculous.
Can't agree, the other footy forum is full of hundred page threads calling other managers pricks. Allardyce is right up there. No different to that.

I'm certainly not half as obsessed with Allardyce as one or two on here are with Megson. And for a manager they didn't like that is far more worrying!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He's a fat prick.

Can't agree, the other footy forum is full of hundred page threads calling other managers pricks. Allardyce is right up there. No different to that.

I'm certainly not half as obsessed with Allardyce as one or two on here are with Megson. And for a manager they didn't like that is far more worrying!
You sure?