ANC moved to June?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Little Green Man wrote:This B. Moon that's playing for South Africa - does the B stand for Button?
Not sure, but his team-mates might call him Harvey...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:21 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:This B. Moon that's playing for South Africa - does the B stand for Button?
Not sure, but his team-mates might call him Harvey...
Shine on.
Businesswoman of the year.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:47 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:jaidi did a proper jaidi style clanger
"For an experienced defender, I think Jaidi panics." You're telling me, Garth... "Good defenders are aware of the picture behind them." That's why I'm afraid our Radhi was oft found wanting at the top level; a danger at both ends, he simply fell asleep at least once a fortnight. Not Bramble-bad, but for all his goalscoring ability (and let's not forget that no BW defenders have notched this season...) that would always count against him.

Notable that they blame Faye for the second equaliser, saying in Hindsight20/20Vision that he should have laid it off short to either of the two men stood with him in the penalty area. Hmmm.
Meite? Gardner?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:23 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
"For an experienced defender, I think Jaidi panics." You're telling me, Garth... "Good defenders are aware of the picture behind them." That's why I'm afraid our Radhi was oft found wanting at the top level; a danger at both ends, he simply fell asleep at least once a fortnight. Not Bramble-bad, but for all his goalscoring ability (and let's not forget that no BW defenders have notched this season...) that would always count against him.

Notable that they blame Faye for the second equaliser, saying in Hindsight20/20Vision that he should have laid it off short to either of the two men stood with him in the penalty area. Hmmm.
Meite? Gardner?
Meite scored against some Macedonian outfit, I'll give you that one, but if memory serves, Gardner was in midfield against Bayern. Mmmm... fullbacks in midfield... it's the future...

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:25 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:

Meite? Gardner?
Meite scored against some Macedonian outfit, I'll give you that one, but if memory serves, Gardner was in midfield against Bayern. Mmmm... fullbacks in midfield... it's the future...
He was. But he's still a defender. :mrgreen:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:34 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Meite scored against some Macedonian outfit, I'll give you that one, but if memory serves, Gardner was in midfield against Bayern. Mmmm... fullbacks in midfield... it's the future...
He was. But he's still a defender. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: I quite agree.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:33 pm

Caught the last 25 mins of the Senegal - Tunisia game whilst on a treadmill.

Bit of a sickener for Senegal to concede an equaliser when they looked comfortable... trouble was it was that comfort that meant they sat off and gave that midfielder chance to let fly. Diouf didn't do much when I was watching, but he does know how to handle himself in that environment... he's actually a pretty strong bloke.

Nice to see Diouf and Jaidi make a point of swapping shirts at the end, giving Dutch commentators a reason to talk about Bolton Wanderers for a couple of minutes.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:41 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Strange, really; it's only three weeks out of every 104, they'd probably miss far more through injury or (let alone and) suspension.

Not incredibly impressed by BBC Three's 7pm coverage. The opening sequence goes on forever, as do the highlights, which aren't edited particularly brilliantly. We also don't need to go back to the studio at halftime just so whatshisface can say "here's the second half". Given the kick-off times (and the watching patterns of football fans) it seems strange to rush it on at 7pm without the second-game highlights, rather than say 11pm with both the evening's games... rather watch that then than yet another Two Pints of Lager And A Bag Of Shite...
I don't know, it does have it's plus points. Like Sunday Oliseh calling us a Champions League team the other day after Meite's lot beat Nigeria.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:16 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Strange, really; it's only three weeks out of every 104, they'd probably miss far more through injury or (let alone and) suspension.

Not incredibly impressed by BBC Three's 7pm coverage. The opening sequence goes on forever, as do the highlights, which aren't edited particularly brilliantly. We also don't need to go back to the studio at halftime just so whatshisface can say "here's the second half". Given the kick-off times (and the watching patterns of football fans) it seems strange to rush it on at 7pm without the second-game highlights, rather than say 11pm with both the evening's games... rather watch that then than yet another Two Pints of Lager And A Bag Of Shite...
I don't know, it does have it's plus points. Like Sunday Oliseh calling us a Champions League team the other day after Meite's lot beat Nigeria.
Hmmm, hope he's not a prophetic sort of chap.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:27 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:

Read it again Monty and you might change your mind!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:38 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:

Read it again Monty and you might change your mind!
:oops: Yes, you're correct - I misread it. I've still never figured out how Division 2 could be called the Championship and my thoughts have dwelt on relegation recently, not top four finishes.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:31 am

Tombwfc wrote:I don't know, it does have it's plus points. Like Sunday Oliseh calling us a Champions League team the other day after Meite's lot beat Nigeria.
:D Fair enough if you like that sort of thing but I prefer accuracy over idiocy!
Montreal Wanderer wrote:I've still never figured out how Division 2 could be called the Championship
An irksome but comparatively minor repercussion of the shameful greed which saw the Big Clubs break away to form their own gang. I've taken to calling it the second tier.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:59 pm

anyone watching diouf? playing quite well is the lad

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:21 pm

Was loving the Angolan equaliser, would say Dioufy's boys are favourites to win it if there's to be a winner though.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:25 pm

First time I've ever been wrong.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:36 pm

been all angola in the second half afraid to say. lad looks like he'll be home soon, 3-1 now

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:40 pm

Good news for us.

Looks like Ferguson has another player on his hands.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:56 pm

Athers wrote:Good news for us.

that he does.

i quite like the look of senegal's midfield "minder" Bayal Sall

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:55 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:
Athers wrote:Good news for us.

that he does.

i quite like the look of senegal's midfield "minder" Bayal Sall
Same here, built like a machine and a nutter to boot. Sign him up.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Damien Johnson to Marcel Desailly: "How about your team, Ghana?"

[cough] 116 caps for France [cough]