That boy Ronaldo

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:01 pm

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo.

"However, it does not depend on me. It is important to send a message.

"From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

Good, can add mercenary to the list of cheating, diving, winking, ghey-boy etc. etc.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:53 pm

what player isn't though?

They're offering as much after tax as Man U pay him Gross and an alleged £150m in transfer fee.

The only problem is the message it send to other players, as him and his agent talking to Real is bang out of order, and the way it wil make traansfer fees shoot up again.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:53 pm

The rumour is that it'd be £300,000 a WEEK he'd be on.

I'm sure he'll REALLY care about people disliking him on that money!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:12 pm

As soon as the rules against tapping up are put under serious scrutiny in the ECJ they'll have be scrapped, in my opinion. It's probably why nobody pays much attention to them now...
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:41 pm

What a shame for the rags, that their fave wants off!!!!

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:22 am

I'll be gutted if he goes.

I still have a strong desire to see him get snapped in two by some clod-hopping defender as he performs an intricate step-over - and I want to see that happen in the Premier League, not in Spain.

Does that make me a bad person? :oops:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:24 am

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:I'll be gutted if he goes.

I still have a strong desire to see him get snapped in two by some clod-hopping defender as he performs an intricate step-over - and I want to see that happen in the Premier League, not in Spain.

Not at all, Zulu. Now, put down the knife and we'll talk, yes? :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:26 am

:D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:27 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:I'll be gutted if he goes.

yeah!! Hope he stays this season, and we can bring back Stig Tofting for one game only (was going to say two, home and away, but as if Stig would need two goes!!)
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:01 pm

Prufrock wrote:yeah!! Hope he stays this season, and we can bring back Stig Tofting for one game only (was going to say two, home and away, but as if Stig would need two goes!!)
I learned yesterday that 'The Lawnmower' is now a member of Colin Todd's coaching staff at Randers FC. Had someone asked me to name the former Wanderers player least likely to be recruited by Todd to his coaching staff then I'd have immediately said Tofting. Oh, and one Mr Bruce Rioch is currently in advanced talks with the Danish Champions Aalborg BK. So there you have it.

Sorry, as you were. The boy with string in his hair.........
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:yeah!! Hope he stays this season, and we can bring back Stig Tofting for one game only (was going to say two, home and away, but as if Stig would need two goes!!)
I learned yesterday that 'The Lawnmower' is now a member of Colin Todd's coaching staff at Randers FC. Had someone asked me to name the former Wanderers player least likely to be recruited by Todd to his coaching staff then I'd have immediately said Tofting. Oh, and one Mr Bruce Rioch is currently in advanced talks with the Danish Champions Aalborg BK. So there you have it.

Anyone else think talking about oneself in the third person is awfully arrogant? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:50 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Anyone else think talking about oneself in the third person is awfully arrogant? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I believe CrazyHorse does, yeah....
Businesswoman of the year.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:13 am

Nobody think its just a ploy from the Spanish newspapers to unsettle their rivals top player? No? Is it just me that is that cynical

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:29 am

Prufrock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

but perhaps not quite as annoying as shitty sppeeelling? Eh? :roll:
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:56 am

communistworkethic wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

but perhaps not quite as annoying as shitty sppeeelling? Eh? :roll:
Or a lack of a capital to start a sentence :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Real Madrid plan to outflank Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United by lodging a world-record £75m bid directly to the Glazer family in their latest attempt to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. (Daily Express)
No doubt a load of crap but interesting scenario nonetheless.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:18 pm

I have to say I've missed a couple of pages of this...Is he still a feck* diving nice person? (Albeit fairly good at it)

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:46 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I have to say I've missed a couple of pages of this...Is he still a feck diving tw*t? (Albeit fairly good at it)
Yep.
You'll be glad to know he's still No. 1 on my list of greasy smug gits who need a good kicking (Portugal edition).

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I have to say I've missed a couple of pages of this...Is he still a feck diving tw*t? (Albeit fairly good at it)
Noticed the other night that Gomis has a lovely half-pike and somersault. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:50 pm