Curbishley Resigns.....

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:41 pm

lee ranks amongst the worst managers then

however, it is madness to give the megabucks that dickhead has to him, whilst we lost sam because we wouldn't back him when we were 3rd

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:43 pm

Yes I'm in full support of that comment mate. Who knows what we'd have achieved with Allardyce had he been given £20million +

After all, he signed Anelka, Diouf, Djorkaeff, Okocha, Campo, Davies, Hierro, even Ricketts in all fairness. For £400k, that was one of the best bits of business he ever did!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:45 pm

30 odd million isn't it?

i would trust sam more with 1m than dickhead with 30m

palexjones
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palexjones » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:45 pm

MichaelJohn12 wrote:You know what I mean pal! Allardyce ripped our backroom staff apart! Lee didn't invest in the youth and brought some right sh** in! THAT damage

oh and Lee left us bottom with 5 points from a possible 30....but I believe Meggers may have brought that one up
I am not so sure that is actualy correct, The backroom exodus started after Big Sam left and if IIRC Sammy lee's paranoia drove most of them away, he was bringing in staff where there was already someone in post because he thought they did not like him this then sent more looking for other secure(if that can be ever said in the footballing world) employment. these guys earn ordinary wages not mega bucks.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:46 pm

£30m?? Jesus. Why haven't we signed others then? I was unaware the figure was so high! I do understand the term quality and not quantity (a saying that was lost on Sammy Lee), however there must have been players out there!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

jenkz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jenkz » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:47 pm

Batman wrote:lee ranks amongst the worst managers then

however, it is madness to give the megabucks that dickhead has to him, whilst we lost sam because we wouldn't back him when we were 3rd
Didn't do too well at Newcastle with money. I think he was best with less money, unless it was a definite proven player. I would have give him some, though only some! We could have been with Everton last year, but then again we have nothing to back it up. I'd rather sort out bring players through the system now, something Allardyce never seemed to get quite right.
Nat Lofthouse:

“in my day, there were plenty of fellas who would kick your b****cks off. The difference was that at the end of the match they would shake your hand and help you look for them!”

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:47 pm

must have

but with megson we have overpaid by such a massive degree that we HAVE to stay up, otherwise we're fooked - guaranteeing him a job for the foreseeable future

sadly

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:50 pm

Back to the original thread tho, I don't want Curbishley in!

Would ANYONE take Sam back?
I would

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:52 pm

in a heartbeat

heart says yes, head says his time at the top has gone

shame that
Last edited by Batman on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:52 pm

MichaelJohn12 wrote:Back to the original thread tho, I don't want Curbishley in!

Would ANYONE take Sam back?
I would
I would.....With open legs mate!! Seriously, you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:53 pm

Let's go find him then!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:53 pm

david o'leary for hammers

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:54 pm

Relatively speaking, I'm not sure that Megson has had any more money than Fat Boy had anyway.
Businesswoman of the year.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:54 pm

MichaelJohn12 wrote:Let's go find him then!!
Aye, see if he'll cum with us!

tone well and truly lowered

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:55 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Relatively speaking, I'm not sure that Megson has had any more money than Fat Boy had anyway.
talking in terms of time to spend it

allardyce probably spent 30m combined over 8 years, not like dickhead spending it inside a year...........

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:55 pm

Good point made from Batman

palexjones
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palexjones » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:56 pm

Ahh but was it only funding that drove Sam away, certainly from January on the team hardly won a match. Then there was that panorama program, oh aye Sam was going to sue them but he did'nt. had he taken legal action then I would have believed It was all his pratt of a son but I am not so sure. I am certain that this created the/a rift between Sam and Phil G, so Big sams position was becoming untenable. This also derailed Sams chances of the England job which probably added to his disinterest toward the end.

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:57 pm

not to mention the 'other' rumours about him and gartside falling out

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:58 pm

palexjones wrote:Ahh but was it only funding that drove Sam away, certainly from January on the team hardly won a match. Then there was that panorama program, oh aye Sam was going to sue them but he did'nt. had he taken legal action then I would have believed It was all his pratt of a son but I am not so sure. I am certain that this created the/a rift between Sam and Phil G, so Big sams position was becoming untenable. This also derailed Sams chances of the England job which probably added to his disinterest toward the end.
That's a very good post mate. Well done

palexjones
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palexjones » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:04 pm

Batman wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Relatively speaking, I'm not sure that Megson has had any more money than Fat Boy had anyway.
talking in terms of time to spend it

allardyce probably spent 30m combined over 8 years, not like dickhead spending it inside a year...........
In those 8 years the price we have to pay for players has trebled at least, ffs 20 mil for Keane, 30 mil for Berbatov.
we had to replace a lot of players past their prime and the rubbish sammy Lee brought in. the 30 mil is over 2 transfer windows and we also sold players, somthing sam never did.
Its also fair to say that last season scared the living Sh*t out of Phil G, Eddie Davies and the rest of the club managment which in itself produced funds. We also have no idea as to how things have changed financialy at the club it may be that only now have they been able to generate that level of funding.