What? No thread about the league leaders? Shocking

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
William the White wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:I'll happily take United and Chelsea winning it for the rest of time, if the alternative is Liverpool winning it.
That opinion is so wrong it's hard to believe you are a bolton supporter... unless you are seventeen... all those years when we were scratching about in the third division, and all those bolton kids were scroting about the town wearing scum bastard scarlet, the only thing stopping their total feckin triumphalism, the only thing allowing us to have an ANNUAL feckin laugh at them, was their two-decade failure to win the league - in which Liverpool were instrumental, by winning the league themselves, or, just as often, losing it, but beating the unspeakable whores of stretford twice to make sure they didn't...

Believe me, from the terraces of away at Port Vale, I feckin loved em...

Want to stuff em stupid now, of course... :D
With you on this one WtW. :mrgreen:
I'd rather gauge my own eyes out than see Liverpool win the league. I hate United as well, but there's something about Liverpool. Perhaps it's to do with living amongst several smug scousers who rabit on endlessly about history, Stevie G and You'll Never Walk Alone. Of course these people never go to the games and listening to them makes me physically sick. Watching them sulk like they did after the Spurs game was rather amusing.

Chelsea for the league any day over my 'local' lot.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:18 pm

It's not even that i dislike Liverpool more than Man Utd. It's just i'm used to Utd winning it and so when they do it has no effect on me. If Liverpool won the league it'd be unbearable.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:19 pm

jimbo wrote:I'd rather gauge my own eyes out than see Liverpool win the league. I hate United as well, but there's something about Liverpool. Perhaps it's to do with living amongst several smug scousers who rabit on endlessly about history, Stevie G and You'll Never Walk Alone. Of course these people never go to the games and listening to them makes me physically sick. Watching them sulk like they did after the Spurs game was rather amusing.

Interesting, James. I live in north Manchester and am surrounded, both at home and at work, by those that I refer to as 'Teletext Reds'. I go to Old Trafford more times a year than they do - I go once. Yet they're oh-so-quick to tell me all about Manchester United's superiority in every department and to tell me how we're a bunch of long-ball shithouses. Wankers the lot of 'em.
I always had an admiration of Liverpool. Their sides of the 70's and 80's were an absolute joy to behold. However, I seemed to lose the regard that I had for them when Houllier turned up and in fact, more recently, I've found myself actually disliking them somewhat, although that's completely due to Benitez, who, as Bobo will keenly attest, is a prick.
When it comes to the title I'd love to see Villa sneak up on the blindside. However, I reckon that whoever does win it won't be found wonting at Stoke, so that's Arsenal and Villa out of it, especially as it'll be January before Arsenal can buy a spine.
I don't like the Chelsea regime at all. I don't like the fact that they actively hold back our national side by spunking cash on players that don't get a game, and I don't like the idea that they haven't had to generate the cash themselves that they're busy spunking.
So, in short, I hope that the title is withdrawn and that none of the feck* win it. :mrgreen:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: So, in short, I hope that the title is withdrawn and that none of the feck win it. :mrgreen:
Bloody hell - that's genius. Thinking outside the box. I like it.

Unfortunately, it's unlikely to happen, so I'm just going to hope that someone who isn't Man Utd wins it.

Living in London, I'm surrounded by them. Etc.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
jimbo wrote:I'd rather gauge my own eyes out than see Liverpool win the league. I hate United as well, but there's something about Liverpool. Perhaps it's to do with living amongst several smug scousers who rabit on endlessly about history, Stevie G and You'll Never Walk Alone. Of course these people never go to the games and listening to them makes me physically sick. Watching them sulk like they did after the Spurs game was rather amusing.

Interesting, James. I live in north Manchester and am surrounded, both at home and at work, by those that I refer to as 'Teletext Reds'. I go to Old Trafford more times a year than they do - I go once. Yet they're oh-so-quick to tell me all about Manchester United's superiority in every department and to tell me how we're a bunch of long-ball shithouses. Wankers the lot of 'em.
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Thing that gets me about wankersthelotofthem, they used to be oh-so-quick to tell you about Manchester United's superiority in every department back in the 70's and 80's, when it just didn't hold any creedence at all. Wankers the lot of 'em.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:32 pm

Seems a few of us from a similar age group share the same feelings about Liverpool

Maybe we're all wrong
Sto ut Serviam

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:36 pm

Yeah, a few in my age group are saying similar things about Liverpool too.

Agree with Tom's idea that Utd winning is just something that happens.... having the Scousers win it would be seriously bad news.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:09 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Yeah, a few in my age group are saying similar things about Liverpool too.

Agree with Tom's idea that Utd winning is just something that happens.... having the Scousers win it would be seriously bad news.
Errrmmmm... Could you explain why? Genuinely. Man Scum winning is better than Liverpool?

Just tease that one out a bit, if you don't mind, because I'm struggling here to comprehend even the beginning of that thought... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:12 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Yeah, a few in my age group are saying similar things about Liverpool too.

As someone of (I imagine) a similar age to yourself...how come? I really wouldn't mind if Liverpool won the title. Man United winning is irritating and rather monotonous, and to be honest it would be a nice change to see someone else winning it.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:22 am

I've lived on the Wirral for most of my life. I haven't had to put up with all that many of Bruce's 'teletext reds'.

Jimbo's post at the top of this page also chimes with my experience.

I once posted a little personal explanation of my lack of United hatred in a thread very similar to this one:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote: I've got to admit, I just don't hate United. For one thing, my mum is from Manchester and has always supported them. On my dad's side of the family, pretty much every male has been a Bolton fan.... apart from one. His youngest brother went against the family brainwashing that later proved to be effective on me, and was an avid United fan. When still a teenager, this brother, the uncle I never knew, was killed by being crushed behind a supporters' coach whilst visiting St Andrews to watch United against Birmingham. Given that it was a tragedy that befell a Little Lever family, I daresay many of you will have read about it at the time. Several of the playing and managerial staff of the United team of the day attended the funeral, and the Club generally did everything they could to help my family at an incredibly sad time for them. It's just not in my family tradition to hate that football club.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:37 pm

And another reason i don't want Liverpool winning it, is that i couldn't bear seeing Gerrard win the Premiership.

Absolutely outrageous dive just now. What a c*nt.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:39 pm

Such a despicable dive deserved it's own thread. Duly obliged. What a cheat.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

potter1989bwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by potter1989bwfc » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:59 am

well it was good whilse it lasted wasnt it ?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:15 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote: I once posted a little personal explanation of my lack of United hatred in a thread very similar to this one:
I wrote an article a wee while ago on this very site called something like "Is the hatred dying" - about ManUre - consensus was (here) that it isn't! (and I should be horsewhipped!)

8)

I think in my bones I would actually rather ManU won it if there was a choice between manU and liverpool (chelsea or Arsenal winning it is simply unbearable for those of us who live down larrrndon way) as others have said - there would be far less whiny crowing if manU win it - cos they kind of expect to anyway - if liverpool won it - we simply would never hear the end of it... (now I feel kind of dirty!!)

I have always hated Liverpool - I think it may be as simple as hating their smug dominance in the 70s and the media wank-fest that surrounded (and still surrounds) them - but I have honed my hatred over the years for no obviously finger-on-it reason other than the sheer smug "we are special" attitude of the fans - perhaps tinged with a definite (racist?) dislike I have for the scouse accent....

added to that - Alan Fecking Green.......

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:25 am

I can confirm absolutely that hatred of all things United is alive and well.....Wankers the lot of 'em.

I suspect your lack of proximity on a daily basis to them is probably colouring your judgement. By the same standard, I wouldn't mind at all if Chelsea or Arsenal won it - they're generally 200 miles away from where I am.

As for fecking smug and "we're special", you are cordially invited to share a pint with me at my local the next time you're up for a Bolton match and the wankers are on telly prior to it. I'll show you smug by the bucketload.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:29 am

Worthy4England wrote:I can confirm absolutely that hatred of all things United is alive and well.....Wankers the lot of 'em.

I suspect your lack of proximity on a daily basis to them is probably colouring your judgement. By the same standard, I wouldn't mind at all if Chelsea or Arsenal won it - they're generally 200 miles away from where I am.

As for fecking smug and "we're special", you are cordially invited to share a pint with me at my local the next time you're up for a Bolton match and the wankers are on telly prior to it. I'll show you smug by the bucketload.

ahhhh - but Alan Fecking Green???? :wink:

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:30 am

Worthy4England wrote:I can confirm absolutely that hatred of all things United is alive and well.....Wankers the lot of 'em.

I think you underestimate the close proximity us Londoners are in to those bastards...

Most of them have never been north of Watford in their miserable, scabby little lives.

Other than, maybe, to make a once-in-a-lifetime pilgrimage to the Rags Superstore, and buy themselves a Ryan Giggs duvet cover.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:30 am

thebish wrote:

ahhhh - but Alan Fecking Green???? :wink:
Has an "off switch" :mrgreen:

potter1989bwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by potter1989bwfc » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:31 am

i can safety say that i hate manchester united, if united is on sky and im not at the bolton match for whatever reason i will go to the pub to cheer on the other team !

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:37 am

thebish wrote:
I wrote an article a wee while ago on this very site called something like "Is the hatred dying" - about ManUre - consensus was (here) that it isn't! (and I should be horsewhipped!)

8)
ahaa! I found it! (it was two years ago - and the passage of time has obviously removed all the formatting!!!)

but here it is... (I came up with 7 reasons why my hatred might be dying!)

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/Is ... _Dying-461