Brian McDermott - Reading

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Brian McDermott - Reading

Post by boltonboris » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:42 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Of the nine teams, since football began, to sack their manager in the last ten games whilst in the bottom three, not a single one has survived.

And I think, pretty much unless they get Mourinho, United will be f*cked when Ferguson goes.

Southampton - one win in six since Adkins went.

I think Reading were doomed anyway, but much more likely to bounce back next year if they'd stuck with McDermott.
Prufrock could not have got it more right, they are going to find it very difficult to find someone better for the job the McDermott.

You said the same thing about Southampton. In fact, didn't you say they were "certs to go down"? They look a better side than they did under Adkins.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:54 pm

boltonboris wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Of the nine teams, since football began, to sack their manager in the last ten games whilst in the bottom three, not a single one has survived.

And I think, pretty much unless they get Mourinho, United will be f*cked when Ferguson goes.

Southampton - one win in six since Adkins went.

I think Reading were doomed anyway, but much more likely to bounce back next year if they'd stuck with McDermott.
Prufrock could not have got it more right, they are going to find it very difficult to find someone better for the job the McDermott.

You said the same thing about Southampton. In fact, didn't you say they were "certs to go down"? They look a better side than they did under Adkins.
Um, I have never used the word certs in my life.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:01 pm

It was something along those lines.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:36 pm

boltonboris wrote:It was something along those lines.
Well I do not recall such a post therefore I will say that if you can find the post then I will believe you. The real point in all of this is that it is very very late in the season to do something like this, Southampton sacked Adkins because they clearly had somebody they felt was better lined up, do Reading have somebody line up I doubt it. Another key difference is that Reading have a championship squad whereas Southampton do not, at the time of Adkins sacking they had just got a superb result against Chelsea therefore suggesting that results had nothing to do with his sacking, in contrast Reading have lost their last 4 and therefore it is clearly poor results that has led to McDermott being sacked. Finally I should mention that Reading have been in nothing less than disarray for months, the club have an owner who "apparently" has £100s of millions of pounds and yet refuses to spend hardly any money, in simple had Reading been serious to stay up they would have signed several players like QPR have and would not have sent players who feature quite regularly for them (like Gorkess) out on loan to championship clubs.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Apparently Gus Poyet is going to sort out Reading and their problems (like being sh*t) :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: , They should of kept McDermott he was certainly a much better manager then they ever deserved and they have sacked him, personally I would like to see Di Mateo or Di Canio get the job because they will both be sh*t but Poyet will do. Even the mighty Adrian Boothroyd could not keep this useless lot of no hopers up.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:22 am

Nigel Adkins confirmed as new manager.....

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Nigel Adkins confirmed as new manager.....
:lmfao: , Sacked one of the best around replaced with someone pretty average , only Di Canio could have been a worse choice