Notorious B.I.G Sam's signings.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:33 pm

Tonight's headline in the MEN: "Greedy Barton" (Joey). I agree with it. He's already on a fortune a week and now he'll make more. To him £300,000 after tax is peanuts compared to his career earnings. Just shows that "money doesn't matter, I just want to play football" is just a load of bollox.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:36 pm

May not be a lot compared to his career earnings, doesn't mean he can't buy some awesome stuff with it.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:48 pm

If his contract states he's due that money, what difference is how much it is? If you went to another job and then you're employer said "right we've cancelled your pension rights" you'd be fecked off. He's got a contract, City are selling him, he's not put in a transfer request, therefore city should pay, it's that simple. If they don't like it they shouldn't have agreed to the clause.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:01 pm

communistworkethic wrote:If his contract states he's due that money, what difference is how much it is? If you went to another job and then you're employer said "right we've cancelled your pension rights" you'd be fecked off. He's got a contract, City are selling him, he's not put in a transfer request, therefore city should pay, it's that simple. If they don't like it they shouldn't have agreed to the clause.
cant they 'blame' that battering that black french player whos name i forget forced them to sell him ? you could get out of any contract doing that , so cant they say he engineered his own transfer by doing that cheating 'loophole' style , instead of writing a transfer request like normal ? loyality is not twatting the shit out of teamates .. is he not breeching his contract in kicking off all the time?

if he is in the 'right' - if i was city i'd let him sue me , if i lose , appeal as many times as possible (whats that? once ?) then pay up just before the 'retrial' ...

if he's in the 'wrong' i'd put him back in the first team sign stig toftig and let him kick off all he wants ..
-

some c*nt of a footballer moaning he's being jipped - i might get me violin out ..

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:16 pm

a1 wrote:cant they 'blame' that battering that black french player whos name i forget forced them to sell him ? you could get out of any contract doing that , so cant they say he engineered his own transfer by doing that cheating 'loophole' style , instead of writing a transfer request like normal ? loyality is not twatting the shit out of teamates .. is he not breeching his contract in kicking off all the time?
Ah, but what if City told Dabo to say to Barton "Yo' momma so fat . . ." so Barton would punch him, get transferred, and then they could welch on the fee?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:24 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
a1 wrote:cant they 'blame' that battering that black french player whos name i forget forced them to sell him ? you could get out of any contract doing that , so cant they say he engineered his own transfer by doing that cheating 'loophole' style , instead of writing a transfer request like normal ? loyality is not twatting the shit out of teamates .. is he not breeching his contract in kicking off all the time?
Ah, but what if City told Dabo to say to Barton "Yo' momma so fat . . ." so Barton would punch him, get transferred, and then they could welch on the fee?
If I was Dabo I wouldn't wind Barton up (and take a punch from him) for a penny less than £300,000.....errrm....

Bit of a far fetched conspiracy that one, don't you think?
Businesswoman of the year.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:54 am

Dabo wound barton up and had 3 warnings before getting a twatting, I'd say that he'd had his chance.

The fact is Barton didn't ask for the move, so he should get paid. It's citeh's choice to sell him, they could have sold dabo, if the incident was the problem. I know who I'd sooner have in my team and it isn't Mr Punchbaghead

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:03 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Dabo wound barton up and had 3 warnings before getting a twatting, I'd say that he'd had his chance.

The fact is Barton didn't ask for the move, so he should get paid. It's citeh's choice to sell him, they could have sold dabo, if the incident was the problem. I know who I'd sooner have in my team and it isn't Mr Punchbaghead
we nearly did do that :|

bartons good tho , just he thinks hes mega now coz he knocks people and seemingly gets away with it .. needs a good hiding . if i was a newcastle player he'd get told straight off to steer away ..

thats if he gets his money, [sarc]why dont newcastle just pay it?[/sarc]

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:18 am

ewcastle boss Sam Allardyce seems to be preparing for life without striker Michael Owen by lining up a move for Fredi Kanoute.

Owen has been linked with a £9million summer move away from St James' Park, despite only joining the Magpies for £16million in August 2005.

The England frontman has endured a troubled time with injuries on Tyneside, and Allardyce may be prepared to cut his losses and instead swoop for a player who has been prolific in La Liga in the last two seasons.

Kanoute moved to Seville from Tottenham for £4.4million in August 2005 and has been a revelation - the Spanish outfit claiming back-to-back UEFA Cup wins and pushing for the title this season during his short time at the club.

Indeed the 29-year-old's agent told the News of the World: "It's true Newcastle are interested. There's no concrete offer yet but Fredi is interested."

The Mali international would certainly strengthen an impressive forward line at St James' should Owen leave, with Obafemi Martins already on the books and the recent arrival of Mark Viduka from Middlesbrough.
What could've happened; did.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:53 am

Just shows how much he's worried about that first match. :P

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:12 pm

Seems Sam is ready to swoop on Luke Young according to Tabloid Talk in Skysport.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:59 pm

b*llocks what happened to the nicky hunt rumour ?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:14 pm

officer_dibble wrote:b*llocks what happened to the nicky hunt rumour ?
What ??? Nicky Hunt is just a rumour ?????
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:21 pm

Not without sacking him ... which they'd have every right to do.

Unfortunately that would put him on a free transfer ... which would suit him down to the ground.
communistworkethic wrote:
Dabo wound barton up and had 3 warnings before getting a twatting, I'd say that he'd had his chance.
& No, just because he was wound up by Dabo & he warned Dabo 3 times that does NOT mean he has the right to kick shite out of him.

Jeez ... some people seem to think pro' footballers live in a separate legal existance (OK, I know pro' footballers think that ... but other people).
They are subject to the same laws all of us are.

What could be interesting is that Barton is being sued by Dabo & Citeh should support that/ Given what he did a jail sentence should follow. Just watch the footballer's omerta (look it up) swing into action.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:03 pm

bobo the clown wrote:& No, just because he was wound up by Dabo & he warned Dabo 3 times that does NOT mean he has the right to kick shite out of him.
Oh, I'd say that he'd every justification if that's true. I'd even guess that if Dabo was baiting him, then every time he'd push his luck just a little bit further and a little bit further, just to test Barton's breaking point. And let's be honest here, he'd always have the race card to play, especially in light of Barton's half-brother. You only have to look on here and read the stuff posted by certain contributors that clearly have nothing better to contribute than taunts designed to test the patience of others to realise that. Of course, I haven't the foggiest as to what really went on between Dabo and Barton, but in the interests of balance........
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:03 pm

Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins has a £13million get-out clause in his contract at St James' Park, according to reports.The Nigerian frontman signed for the Magpies just last summer for £10million, but new boss Sam Allardyce was shocked to discover a similar clause in Martins' contract to that of strike partner Michael Owen, according to The Evening Chronicle.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21062007/ ... lause.html

So thats how they get players to sign. Clauses galore :|
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:57 pm

bobby5 wrote:
Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins has a £13million get-out clause in his contract at St James' Park, according to reports.The Nigerian frontman signed for the Magpies just last summer for £10million, but new boss Sam Allardyce was shocked to discover a similar clause in Martins' contract to that of strike partner Michael Owen, according to The Evening Chronicle.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21062007/ ... lause.html

So thats how they get players to sign. Clauses galore :|
Makes sense to me. Newcastle sign players by twatting on about "potential", but when that potential's not realised (as it never is), the players want out to go to a proper club.

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:19 am

Ins and outs of Big Sam

BOUGHT: Jailbait Barton ($5.8m Citeh), David Rozehnal (Paris St Germain, £2.9m). Geremi (Chelski 2m)
SOLD: Parker ($8.5m West Ham)
FREE: Viduka (Boro)
RELEASES: Titus Bramble, Craig Moore, Pavel Srnicek. Olivier Bernard, Oguchi Onyewu
LINKED TO: TBH, Viduka, Derek Boateng, Leighton Baines, Eidur Gudjonson, Beckham in January, Michael Grivgaard (Danish CB) Lucas Neil (West Ham) Michael Silvestre (Scum U)Shabani Nonda (Roma), REO Speedwagon (West Ham) David Rozenhal (Czech, Paris St Germain) Nedum Onuoha (Citeh) Claudio Cacapa (Brazil 31 Free) Jean Sebastien Jauro (700k) Gokadeniz Karadeniz (Turkey 1m 27) Jagielka (Sheff Utd) NICHOLAS ANELKA (nowhere important), Habib Beye (Marseille)
RUMOURED OUT: Dyer, Parker $7m, Alan O'Brien (Ire) Celestine Babayaro, Antoine Sibierski, Stephen Carr and Charles N'Zogbia

Newcastle are a much sterner prospect with those four buys. Good business so far. Bolton would take all four happily.

Spaced
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Spaced » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:09 pm

http://www.newcastleutd-mad.co.uk/news/ ... &id=342656

Where Is Sam's Bag Of Cash?

Sam Allardyce is well known for building a team out of plastic cups and cornflakes boxes, simply because he had no money to spend at Bolton. But we expected the money to flow this summer ... and guess what?

Former Real Madrid and Middlesbrough Geremi arrived officially on a free transfer (but we can inform you he got £2m himself for signing), after he completed a £7million move to Chelsea from the Bernabeu four summers ago.

Now that represents another bargain acquisition for Allardyce.

Like striker Mark Viduka, who again cost nothing (except another signing on fee), while Joey Barton cost £5.8million from Manchester City and Rozehnal £2.89million.

But, adding up the maths, Scott Parker joined West Ham in a £7million switch, that means Allardyce has so far paid out £1.69million net in transfer fees, with new owner Mike Ashley yet to hand over this alleged £50m he has promised in his 'budget'.

Barcelona duo Edmilson and Eidur Gudjohnsen are still on the shopping list. But Edmilson is out injured for six months, and Gudjohnsen says he wants to stay at Nou Camp.

Nice to see the Geordie's moaning already :wink:
"It's a subtle blend of lateral thinking and extreme violence."

"What, like It's A Knockout?"

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:00 am

Pretty bloody good business. He could always find targets just not concvince them to come that's the difference between Bolton and Nowtcastle is Big Sam can convince people to sign for the Geordies.