What? No thread about the league leaders? Shocking

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What? No thread about the league leaders? Shocking

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:48 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
blurred wrote:What? No thread about the league leaders? Shocking
Oddly not, it's a Bolton wanderers site, where Bolton Wanderers fans come on & comment about Bolton Wanderers.

On the area where there's scope for "Other Footy" it really would be reasonably to expect that it's generally "Other Footy" from a Bolton Wanderers perspective.

Occasional visits from Non-Bolton fans, around the time that they play Bolton is welcome and enlightening ... but almost 4,500 posts from a 'visitor' I find rather odd ... I really do. It's not my business why you come on here and it's not my place to tell you not to, so I won't, but don't you think it's really rather strange ??

Why the fck would we be expected to start a thread about another club from a city where they think anyone from outside it is an ignorant woolly-back ? About a team who's manager is a bad WINNER let alone a bad loser and, frankly, is a Prick.

I, for one, think this site is enhanced by the occasional foreign-team resident - and blurred has stayed the course - even after some pretty bruising encounters.

others have come and gone - what happened to that bloke from Sun'land who flirted amusingly on the forum for a while?? what was his name? there's a young chap from west ham (simon?) who appears quite intelligently twice a season too....

i say the more the merrier - it takes quite something to be a regular contributer to another team's board - and not just post wind-up shite..

so - even if you do talk shite, blurred, 8) keep it up!

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:57 pm

Last edited by superjohnmcginlay on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:57 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
blurred wrote:What? No thread about the league leaders? Shocking
Oddly not, it's a Bolton wanderers site, where Bolton Wanderers fans come on & comment about Bolton Wanderers.

On the area where there's scope for "Other Footy" it really would be reasonably to expect that it's generally "Other Footy" from a Bolton Wanderers perspective.

Occasional visits from Non-Bolton fans, around the time that they play Bolton is welcome and enlightening ... but almost 4,500 posts from a 'visitor' I find rather odd ... I really do. It's not my business why you come on here and it's not my place to tell you not to, so I won't, but don't you think it's really rather strange ??

Why the fck would we be expected to start a thread about another club from a city where they think anyone from outside it is an ignorant woolly-back ? About a team who's manager is a bad WINNER let alone a bad loser and, frankly, is a Prick.

I, for one, think this site is enhanced by the occasional foreign-team resident - and blurred has stayed the course - even after some pretty bruising encounters.

others have come and gone - what happened to that bloke from Sun'land who flirted amusingly on the forum for a while?? what was his name? there's a young chap from west ham (simon?) who appears quite intelligently twice a season too....

i say the more the merrier - it takes quite something to be a regular contributer to another team's board - and not just post wind-up shite..

so - even if you do talk shite, blurred, 8) keep it up!
Nozza/Hoolio. Got banned by Soldier for summat.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:27 pm

Fozza or whatever he's called seems quite balanced. The others were either WUM's or racists if i remember through the haze

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:08 pm

The reason why we're so excited - check out our starts to previous seasons...

Last edited by blurred on Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:09 pm

blurred wrote:The reason why we're so excited - check out our starts to previous seasons...

I like the 2006 table.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:15 pm

The 2005 one is better!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:12 pm

2004 is not bad either. Ah, the glory years....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:43 pm

6 seasons and only 3 names at the top,

NONE OF THEM BEGIN WITH THE LETTER "L" :lmfao:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:05 pm

hoboh2o wrote:6 seasons and only 3 names at the top,

NONE OF THEM BEGIN WITH THE LETTER "L" :lmfao:
Yes, but in 1992 were not Leeds champions?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:08 pm

I know that we're only a dozen games in, but if the points difference remains so close then everything's going to go to the wire. Fasten yourselves in, gang! :twisted:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I know that we're only a dozen games in, but if the points difference remains so close then everything's going to go to the wire. Fasten yourselves in, gang! :twisted:
Yes, I can't say I'm filled with the quiet confidence of two years ago (and I haven't quite recovered from last year yet).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I know that we're only a dozen games in, but if the points difference remains so close then everything's going to go to the wire. Fasten yourselves in, gang! :twisted:
Yes, I can't say I'm filled with the quiet confidence of two years ago (and I haven't quite recovered from last year yet).
I'll never forget the moment at Villa Park at which I thoroughly accepted that it was all over.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
I'll never forget the moment at Villa Park at which I thoroughly accepted that it was all over.
As did I.

An amazing turnaround!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:38 pm

It's nearly a third of the way, Brucey baby. I'd say that's statistically intriguing, if not totally reliable.

One thing it seems to show is that there's so far no suckers off whom most clubs will get four or six points; if nobody gets cut adrift, it might be even tighter than last year, and it might remain perm-any-three-from-several until well after spring has sprung.

Oh and FWIW I enjoy having Blurred around, even if I do occasionally like to bait him :wink:

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:26 pm

I still think in another 5 games the league will have spread out a heck of a lot more and things will seem clearer. I hope not though, and hope for an absorbing end to the season.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:03 am

slightly off topic - buit...

is anyone else on here a resident Bolton fan on another team's board?

I have recently edged into a Gooner forum where a good friend posts - and they are (so far) very polite and welcoming..

anyone else bigging up the Bolton in a polite way (let's face it - Warty on KUMB does not count!!!!) in foreign territory?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:06 am

I used to post on RAWK before discovering this place...
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:44 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I used to post on RAWK before discovering this place...
I'm sure Athers still lurks on there, too, although not seen him for a while.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:44 am

thebish wrote:slightly off topic - buit...

is anyone else on here a resident Bolton fan on another team's board?

I have recently edged into a Gooner forum where a good friend posts - and they are (so far) very polite and welcoming..

anyone else bigging up the Bolton in a polite way (let's face it - Warty on KUMB does not count!!!!) in foreign territory?
I occasionally post on West Ham, Spurs, Newcastle, Citeh and Dingles sites. With just enough of a dig to get them nibbling without dismissing me as a WUM - I hope!

I treat it as missionary work.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!