biggest game of our season...

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:44 pm

For all the endless wanking about Barca from ITV, they didn't half shit themselves when somebody ran at them.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:49 pm

I nearly punched the screen several times. 'Fabregas will miss the chance to return to his spiritual home', 'they are a team full of artisans', some wank about 'transcending sport'. They're fecking good footballers, that's what they are, so say it! If Arsenal are still in it with 20 to go I wouldn't back against them though, they run themselves silly Barca.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 pm

Prufrock wrote:he goes right through the back of him
If thats going through the back of him.........

Only contact is Fabregas kicking the back of Puyols leg
Sto ut Serviam

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:52 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:

He's done well to do that from being in front of him. Fabregas, two yards from goal, piece of piss volley and he what, dived? Puyol got no where near the ball and ran in the back of him catching his leg. It's a daft one to give away, but it's still a pen.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:52 pm

Theo! Theo! Theo!

Happy gooner here if somewhat relieved and a bit bemused as to how we got a draw out of that but I don't care how it happened whilst I still think barca will thrash us at there's - especially with all our injuries at least we have given ourselves a small chance and we're not totally written off already!

:) :) :) :)

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:03 pm

Prufrock wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:

He's done well to do that from being in front of him. Fabregas, two yards from goal, piece of piss volley and he what, dived? Puyol got no where near the ball and ran in the back of him catching his leg. It's a daft one to give away, but it's still a pen.
He didn't run in the back of him

And nor did CF dive
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:07 pm

boltonaremysecondteam wrote:Theo! Theo! Theo!

Happy gooner here if somewhat relieved and a bit bemused as to how we got a draw out of that but I don't care how it happened whilst I still think barca will thrash us at there's - especially with all our injuries at least we have given ourselves a small chance and we're not totally written off already!

it was you who wrote you off. I believe I predicted you'd hold your own this evening - and 2-2 is a pretty good definition of holding your own...

anyway - well done - twas a bit of a risky thing for you to be so high profile on here on a day when you could have (and perhaps should have) been utterly tonked. certainly hasn't made CAP's day...

ps - how many yellow cards did you pick up tonight? it wasn't FIVE was it??? :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:15 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:

And nor did CF dive
Have to agree to disagree there then.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:16 pm

boltonaremysecondteam wrote:
thebish wrote:
thebish wrote:
rockthereebok wrote:
I also expect Arsene to react by getting his thugs at the back to try and kick chunks out of them like the giant hypocrite he is.

Interestingly a certain Nigel Winterburn was on R5 this morning - when asked how Arsenal would cope with Messi, he spent some time bemoaning the changes that have sidelined tough tackling - and said that in his day they would simply have kicked him off the park - but that nowadays as soon as you tackle someone "solidly" referees intervene for "aggressive play"....

hmmmmm....... I wonder why?
Nigel Winterburn = Legend. Wish we still had that back 4...
I wonder what he thinks when he hears Wenger talk about tackling....
:D He did play under Wenger. I don't remember them being less effective as a back line under Wenger then under Rioch or GG - though they were getting on a bit by then!

8) 8) 8) 8)
Only Adams fit enough to lace the boots of Nelson, Rice or McClintock
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:27 am

If Guardiola hadn't run Eto'o out of the Nou Camp it would have been a bloodbath. Ibrahimovic scored two; should have had at least 5.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:44 am

Prufrock wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:

And nor did CF dive
Never a penalty in a million years for me!

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:20 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote: If thats going through the back of him.........

And nor did CF dive
I thought it was nailed on last night, but having looked again I can sort of see what CAPS is on about. Fabregas somehow gets his leg entangled with Puyol's. There's still a bit of a lean in from Puyol. Its at about 0.35 on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-ns0ce9OBk

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:29 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
Prufrock wrote: He's done well to do that from being in front of him. Fabregas, two yards from goal, piece of piss volley and he what, dived? Puyol got no where near the ball and ran in the back of him catching his leg. It's a daft one to give away, but it's still a pen.

And nor did CF dive
I thought it was nailed on last night, but having looked again I can sort of see what CAPS is on about. Fabregas somehow gets his leg entangled with Puyol's. There's still a bit of a lean in from Puyol. Its at about 0.35 on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-ns0ce9OBk
I'm not sure whether it was or not. Did seem a bit easy but then if it hadn't been given would have been a bit harsh. I think Puyol is just clumsy and pays the price for that. Fair play to Cesc for keeping his head and putting it away - talk about pressure. i was convinced he would miss...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:34 am

Aye he did well to score it seeing as it seems like he had a broken leg at the time!

Trouble is 2-2 is a great score for Barca and with no Fabregas for the return leg you're out of that.

And IF he has broken his leg, you're out of the title race as well.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:35 am

thebish wrote:
boltonaremysecondteam wrote:Theo! Theo! Theo!

it was you who wrote you off. I believe I predicted you'd hold your own this evening - and 2-2 is a pretty good definition of holding your own...

anyway - well done - twas a bit of a risky thing for you to be so high profile on here on a day when you could have (and perhaps should have) been utterly tonked. certainly hasn't made CAP's day...

ps - how many yellow cards did you pick up tonight? it wasn't FIVE was it??? :wink:
We should have been utterly tonked! Still not sure how we weren't, especially with so many injuries and Song having to fill in at CB. Think it was a combination of Almunia, a bit of luck, Theos amazing pace and Barca taking their foot off the gas too soon.

I have never seen a team play against us so awe-inspiringly. Now i know how Bolton fans feel when we play you ;) ;)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:35 am

Spanish and french tossers out for the season? Oh my heart bleeds. Suppose thats just further evidence that everyone is out to get them... Did you hear the crowd after the booking? Big 4 wanker fans!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:38 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Aye he did well to score it seeing as it seems like he had a broken leg at the time!

Trouble is 2-2 is a great score for Barca and with no Fabregas for the return leg you're out of that.

He's not broken his leg but i suspect he will be out for a while (so i guess he couldn't have played second leg anyway) I'd have much rather preferred a 0-0 draw then Barca scoring 2 away goals. I fully expect us to lose something like 3-0 at their place anyway but talk about an exciting match last night.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:38 am

officer_dibble wrote:Spanish and french tossers out for the season? Oh my heart bleeds. Suppose thats just further evidence that everyone is out to get them... Did you hear the crowd after the booking? Big 4 wanker fans!
there were more than 4 of them - but some of them are hefty boys...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:10 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Aye he did well to score it seeing as it seems like he had a broken leg at the time!

He's not broken his leg but i suspect he will be out for a while (so i guess he couldn't have played second leg anyway) I'd have much rather preferred a 0-0 draw then Barca scoring 2 away goals. I fully expect us to lose something like 3-0 at their place anyway but talk about an exciting match last night.
Do you know something I don't? Fabregas has been quoted as saying he "thinks" it is broken. No word that it isn't!

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:26 am

I was praying they were going to bring fat Sol on at centre-back, he'd have got ripped to shreds by Messi & co.

And, annoyingly, the fat cry-baby will no doubt get a call up for the WC squad, where he'll get ripped apart for all the world to see.
Troll and proud of it.