Summer non-Bolton Transfer Gossip Thread

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:37 pm

Genoa. Been mentioned what with yon Tiara going there, but also beaten off supposedly bigger clubs to sign Portugal keeper Eduardo, and now Rafinha, third in line of the Brazilian rampaging right backs. Dark horse for top four in Italy next year?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Prufrock wrote:Genoa. Been mentioned what with yon Tiara going there, but also beaten off supposedly bigger clubs to sign Portugal keeper Eduardo, and now Rafinha, third in line of the Brazilian rampaging right backs. Dark horse for top four in Italy next year?
Seems that way.. Only them making any splashes in the Market over there. Fiorentina have to follow suit with that Bosnian lad out for most of the season..

Looking forward to seeing some of their matches
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:42 am

Manchester United have pulled off a surprising coup by signing Portuguese striker Bébé for £7.4m.

The 20 year-old arrives at Old Trafford from Portuguese club Vitória de Guimarães, with United having agreed to pay the buyout clause to release Bébé from his five-year contract.

The player – a relative unknown outside his native country – only arrived at Guimarães in July, and it is a mark of Sir Alex Ferguson’s enthusiasm that he was prepared to spend that sort of sum on a player who has spent most of his career playing in the Portuguese third division.

signing players from lower divisions - sheer madnes, I've been told! :wink:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:13 pm

thebish wrote:
Manchester United have pulled off a surprising coup by signing Portuguese striker Bébé for £7.4m.

The 20 year-old arrives at Old Trafford from Portuguese club Vitória de Guimarães, with United having agreed to pay the buyout clause to release Bébé from his five-year contract.

The player – a relative unknown outside his native country – only arrived at Guimarães in July, and it is a mark of Sir Alex Ferguson’s enthusiasm that he was prepared to spend that sort of sum on a player who has spent most of his career playing in the Portuguese third division.

Gabriele Marcotti has noted that the player went for free in the summer. Interestingly odd transfer.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Brings back memories...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:20 pm

thebish wrote:

Strange fact about 'Bebe'.. He played in the "Homeless World Cup" for portugal a couple of seasons ago.

Only signed for Guimaraes 5 weeks ago.. Looks like Fergies scout dropped a b*llock on this one and didn't notice him move on!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:29 pm

boltonboris wrote:
thebish wrote:

Strange fact about 'Bebe'.. He played in the "Homeless World Cup" for portugal a couple of seasons ago.
Will SAF deploy him as a box to box midfielder?
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Verbal wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
thebish wrote:

Will SAF deploy him as a box to box midfielder?
Haha! He should have signed for Chelsea.. He'd have been right at home at the Shed End

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:57 pm

allegedly, Wenger has signed a new 4yr deal up the Arse...

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Brum have picked up Hleb on loan from barca.... now that's a decent bit of business....

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:36 pm

I do love SSN on Deadline Day...

"Stoke City have signed three HUGE new players....... Jermaine Pennant, Marc Wilson and Eidur Gudjohnsen."

Earth shattering.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:40 pm

thebish wrote:Brum have picked up Hleb on loan from barca.... now that's a decent bit of business....
agreed. But how the hell will he cope playing alongside those cynical bunch of duckwits

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:20 pm

"Tottenham fans are still watching Bryan, why do you think they can still hold out hope of signing Van Der Vaart when the transfer window is closed?"

You can all fill in your own answer to that question.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:27 pm

£13m from Sunderland on a striker - throwing their big club weight around. Wonder if he's any good away from home?

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:40 pm

Scoring record in France is worse than Elmander's.

£13mil on a sub-conference player, for shame.....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:17 pm

Tombwfc wrote:"Tottenham fans are still watching Bryan, why do you think they can still hold out hope of signing Van Der Vaart when the transfer window is closed?"

The Van Der Vaart thing was a complete hoax!

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:39 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Scoring record in France is worse than Elmander's.

£13mil on a sub-conference player, for shame
bookmarked....... :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:47 pm

madmarx wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:Scoring record in France is worse than Elmander's.

£13mil on a sub-conference player, for shame
bookmarked....... :wink:
Don't get excited fella, think that was more of a dig at our lot who describe Elmander as a Conference player :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:"Tottenham fans are still watching Bryan, why do you think they can still hold out hope of signing Van Der Vaart when the transfer window is closed?"

The Van Der Vaart thing was a complete hoax!
What do you mean?