Are the Dingles about to be sold??

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ROVERS F.C.
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ROVERS F.C. » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:00 pm

as wrote:
jaffka wrote:This fella wants Beckham:
...Meanwhile, Indian tycoon Ahsan Ali Syed wants to bring Beckham to Blackburn when he buys the club.

The Bahrain-based millionaire is a huge Beckham fan and will promise the former England skipper a massive pay day to end his career at Ewood Park.

He said: 'I was 26 when I started following the Premier League. I used to like Blackburn back then and also used to follow Manchester United’s fortunes because of David Beckham.

'If my finances allow and his intentions are positive then I would love to take Beckham.'
Ali Syed is currently going through Blackburn’s books and hopes to seal his £300m takeover within a month.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

They're the West Haaaaaaaam of the NW, Beckham at Jackburn, and I suppose Posh is wetting herself at the prospect of living in Darwen!

Uncle Jack ploughed money in because he loved the club (if only he'd have been born 15 miles down the road, eh?), whereas this new fella sounds like he's as loopy as those Pompey owners.

Oh, and the only way Jackburn are going to gain a lot of new 'local' fans is if they win the title, as they're hardly going to swap their Man Utd tops for Blackburn ones until that happens.

The man has a 15 year plan and a vision .... WE AINT COMPLAINING!!
There are more Indians in Blackburn than Pakistanis.

POP of Blackburn 105,000
Blackburn with Darwen 140,000
PROUD BLACKBURN ROVERS FC....THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TOWN CLUB IN THE UK

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:04 pm

We've dealt with that

Theres about 15k Indians..If he attracts more than 20% of them, I'll plait shit

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:59 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
ratbert wrote:Why has he picked Blackburn? Is he from there originally? It can't be the huge potential...
Never set foot in England, but hoping to buy a house there soon. :roll:

Started supporting them when he was 26, after they won the league.
Loved it when he was asked if he'd ever been to Blackburn and he said: "Physically, no"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 923870.stm

Sadly he wasn't pressed on how else he felt he had 'experienced' Blackburn!

He's clearly an odd bloke, but he sounds about as affable as crazy foreign owners go.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:44 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
ratbert wrote:Why has he picked Blackburn? Is he from there originally? It can't be the huge potential...

At least he stuck with them! Could have easily turned to Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal, if he only had a passing interest in the sport
I believe he supported Man Yoo first. :|
Ah...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:10 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Loved it when he was asked if he'd ever been to Blackburn and he said: "Physically, no"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 923870.stm
Sadly he wasn't pressed on how else he felt he had 'experienced' Blackburn!
He's clearly an odd bloke, but he sounds about as affable as crazy foreign owners go.
Might have visited a time or two on a phsycic plane. :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:14 pm

ROVERS F.C. wrote:
as wrote:
jaffka wrote:This fella wants Beckham:
...Meanwhile, Indian tycoon Ahsan Ali Syed wants to bring Beckham to Blackburn when he buys the club.

The Bahrain-based millionaire is a huge Beckham fan and will promise the former England skipper a massive pay day to end his career at Ewood Park.

He said: 'I was 26 when I started following the Premier League. I used to like Blackburn back then and also used to follow Manchester United’s fortunes because of David Beckham.

'If my finances allow and his intentions are positive then I would love to take Beckham.'
Ali Syed is currently going through Blackburn’s books and hopes to seal his £300m takeover within a month.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

They're the West Haaaaaaaam of the NW, Beckham at Jackburn, and I suppose Posh is wetting herself at the prospect of living in Darwen!

Uncle Jack ploughed money in because he loved the club (if only he'd have been born 15 miles down the road, eh?), whereas this new fella sounds like he's as loopy as those Pompey owners.

Oh, and the only way Jackburn are going to gain a lot of new 'local' fans is if they win the title, as they're hardly going to swap their Man Utd tops for Blackburn ones until that happens.

The man has a 15 year plan and a vision .... WE AINT COMPLAINING!!
There are more Indians in Blackburn than Pakistanis.

POP of Blackburn 105,000
Blackburn with Darwen 140,000
Nor were Pompey, Notts County or Liverpool, the promise of mega-money can cloud fans judgement though.....

This story gets wackier by the minute, I'm really now hoping that he does buy them, and 1/15th of the way through his 15 year plan, decides he's bored :mrgreen:
Troll and proud of it.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:19 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Isn't he 36?

ten years ago blackburn were.........

just like us, except not top of the prem :wink:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:30 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Isn't he 36?

ten years ago blackburn were.........

just like us, except not top of the prem :wink:
He did say after they won the league. He didn't say how long after. That's just what I heard on the 5live interview.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:33 pm

The dingle fans I know are mastering about this, thinking that the good times will be coming back to Ewok Park.

ROVERS F.C.
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ROVERS F.C. » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:00 pm

......And why not Jaffa boy?
PROUD BLACKBURN ROVERS FC....THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TOWN CLUB IN THE UK

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:03 pm

Was that directed towards me six fingers?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:54 pm

ROVERS F.C. wrote:......And why not Jaffa boy?
Because, like a wank, it promises much but fails to deliver in so many differen tways!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:04 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Because, like a wank, it promises much but fails to deliver in so many differen tways!
Clearly not doing it right fella!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:23 am

Prufrock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

:D

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:11 am

All the Blackburn fans who are indulging in wanking (they know how so well with that extra finger of theirs) you're not the last to think a sugar daddy will make you 'great' - for every Jack Walker, there's Pompey's 8m owners, the Notts County fiasco and the yankee twins at Liverpool. Greeks (or Asians in this case) bearing gifts, and all that.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:51 am

Prufrock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
You clearly don't have sex that often. At least, with someone else. :wink:

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:10 am

How many foreign millionaire owners have delivered what they promised? Abramovich?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:17 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
You clearly don't have sex that often. At least, with someone else. :wink:

let's not start that again - we'll have Monty describing his exploits again!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:21 pm

Is it going tits up for the dingles?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11129127
A company run by the man linked to the proposed £300m takeover of Blackburn Rovers has been told to cease trading.

Bahrain's trade and industry ministry said it closed a Bahrain-based company after it violated regulations by operating outside its remit.

BBC 5 live has learned the company is Western Gulf Advisory, run by Indian investor Ahsan Ali Syed.

Western Gulf Advisory said the Blackburn bid is being managed by a separate company, and is unaffected.

The precise details of the offence are unclear, but it is understood that Western Gulf Advisory fell foul of Bahrain's central bank, which refused to sanction its activities.

It has been reported that Mr Syed is planning to invest £300m into Blackburn Rovers, pledging an additional £100m to fund transfers.

Mr Syed also runs a Swiss-based company, Western Gulf Advisory AG, based in Zug.

The BBC has been told it is this Swiss entity which is managing the takeover plans, and not the Bahrain-based company.

Private investor

Mr Syed's personal wealth has been reported to be between £3bn and £8bn. He said he would be investing his personal wealth into the club, through his Swiss firm, and he would be the sole investor.

The takeover bid is being negotiated by Western Gulf AG's European investment team, which is currently involved in the creation of a new Europe-based firm, WGA Sports, which will oversee all Mr Syed's sports investments.

According to its company website, Western Gulf Advisory provides services relating to asset and wealth management and Mr Syed's family has been involved in private sector lending across Asia for 150 years.

Despite his reported wealth, little is known about Mr Syed, and he has not featured in the Forbes Rich List.

Mr Syed claims he and his company are experts in buying under-performing companies and turning them into profitable enterprises.

He is known to be involved in other takeover bids of companies outside of football, including the Irish construction company McCabe and the Australian cotton producer, Cubbie Station.

Continue reading the main story Adrian Goldberg presents 5 live Investigates on BBC Radio 5 live.

The first show of the news series airs at 2100BST on Sunday, 5th September.

Follow 5 live Investigates on Facebook
However, when probed about his other investments when talking to the BBC last week, Mr Syed said he preferred to keep such information private to protect his investors. Western Gulf Advisory claims to act as financial adviser to sovereign wealth, royalty and many wealthy individuals.

A spokesman for the Barclays Premier League said they had not received any formal notification regarding a takeover of Blackburn Rovers, and would not conduct any investigation into the suitability of any potential investor until such a time.

Once notice of a takeover is received the Premier League then has 10 days to carry out a means and abilities test of the company planning the investment, which includes the owners and directors.

It is only after such tests have been completed that a decision on whether to sanction a takeover will be made.

A spokesperson for Mr Syed said negotiations with Blackburn Rovers' advisors were proceeding very well, and Western Gulf Advisory AG would soon be approaching the Premier League to complete the necessary paperwork.

Blackburn Rovers did not respond to a request for a comment on the development.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:46 am

Some investigative work from the BBC re the bloke looking to give Allardyce 100M to spend at Blackburn should his takeover be successful.

Illuminating stuff.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11163004?

Lived in a small flat in London, couldn't pay his rent, left court bills unpaid isn't really known amongst the wealthy mob in Bahrain.

For those who crave big foreign investment this should be a warning. This guy MAY be the real deal he may takeover and provide massive funding. But would you want our club to take a gamble on someone like this?