John Terrys Court Case

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: John Terrys Court Case

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:13 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:The FA are bound to find Terry guilty, because the FA do not need for intent to have been demonstrated, only that offence could be caused by the words used... and Terry admits he used them.
In which case should Anton Ferdinand not be up in the dock also as he used the same words?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:29 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:The FA are bound to find Terry guilty, because the FA do not need for intent to have been demonstrated, only that offence could be caused by the words used... and Terry admits he used them.
In which case should Anton Ferdinand not be up in the dock also as he used the same words?
But did he though. There's some doubt there allegedly.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:52 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
But did he though. There's some doubt there allegedly.
Well, Terry's claim ... which has to be listened to .... is that Ferdinand accused him of saying it & Terry repeated it along the lines of "I never said ..."
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:58 am

Allegedly. I mean I don't want to accuse John George Terry of being a lying shitbag or anything remotely similar, but even the judge expressed doubt that his version of events was probable.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:38 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Allegedly. I mean I don't want to accuse John George Terry of being a lying shitbag or anything remotely similar, but even the judge expressed doubt that his version of events was probable.
Yet he still has the right to use that defence.

I'm unsure why AF would not be required to submit his own version.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Is it just me though, that is slightly uncomfortable that someone who has been found "not guilty" in a court of law can STILL be "convicted" of the same offence by the Football Association?

And why should the burden of proof be different?

Its like saying "ok the court decided X, but the FA, don't think the court of law sufficient to decide, so we'll still charge him anyway".

Its a bit dodgy for me. Irrespective of the rights and wrongs and likelihoods.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Is it just me though, that is slightly uncomfortable that someone who has been found "not guilty" in a court of law can STILL be "convicted" of the same offence by the Football Association?

Its like saying "ok the court decided X, but the FA, don't think the court of law sufficient to decide, so we'll still charge him anyway".

Sure I read somewhere it's not the same charge......

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Is it just me though, that is slightly uncomfortable that someone who has been found "not guilty" in a court of law can STILL be "convicted" of the same offence by the Football Association?

If that's a serious "employment law" question .... then the answer is that it's absolutely appropriate.

The big error they made was allowing the Court case to delay their own investigation. It's understandable & many people would do it ..... & many people would be wrong, but it's to mix the two matters up & yes, it does sort of imply that one supercedes the other.

However, they are different accusations, in different jurisdictions, requiring different levels of evidence and seeking different levels of proof.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:51 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Allegedly. I mean I don't want to accuse John George Terry of being a lying shitbag or anything remotely similar, but even the judge expressed doubt that his version of events was probable.
Yet he still has the right to use that defence.

I'm unsure why AF would not be required to submit his own version.
Because Ferdinand has not accussed Terry, and Terry has not accused Ferdinand of anything.
The only one accusing anyone of anything was some off duty copper who reported it to the police. The police reviewed video footage in which it is quite clear that Terry said fu*king bla*k *unt. When confronted he admitted using those very words but denied intent. Hence the trial. The FA are having a hearing because it's in the public domain, and they'd look like pricks if they did nothing. But they are having a hearing into whether Terry used words that could be deemed harmful or abusive - (pretty fuc*ing obvious he did), not whether he meant anything by them or not.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:they are having a hearing into whether Terry used words that could be deemed harmful or abusive - (pretty fuc*ing obvious he did), not whether he meant anything by them or not.
In which case, they don't need to bother their ass, coz he did.

If context is irrelevant then that's crackers &, along with Terry, AF is the only person who can refer to any context.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:56 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

If that's a serious "employment law" question .... then the answer is that it's absolutely appropriate.

The big error they made was allowing the Court case to delay their own investigation. It's understandable & many people would do it ..... & many people would be wrong, but it's to mix the two matters up & yes, it does sort of imply that one supercedes the other.

However, they are different accusations, in different jurisdictions, requiring different levels of evidence and seeking different levels of proof.
What are the two accusations? If they are different, then I can understand it.

And I can see what you're saying about employment law, and I guess I've thought about it a different way.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

And I can see what you're saying about employment law, and I guess I've thought about it a different way.
Looked it up now, the FA chare is that he is alleged to have used "abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour". The legal charge was one of "Racist Abuse"

At the FA it's similar but along the 'bringing the game into disrepute'.

Hey, I'm of the view that he's an obnoxious git & can well believe the charges, but the Courts and the FA tribunals are quite different matters.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Terry is an obnoxious git. He used abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour. 5 match ban, nailed on certainty. (I don't think they'll be much impressed by the flouncy gay way he 'retired' from international football either - makes it 6 match ban).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:19 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Looked it up now, the FA chare is that he is alleged to have used "abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour". The legal charge was one of "Racist Abuse"

At the FA it's similar but along the 'bringing the game into disrepute'.

Hey, I'm of the view that he's an obnoxious git & can well believe the charges, but the Courts and the FA tribunals are quite different matters.
Fair enough. Cheers.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Can't Rio 'duckface' Ferdinand be dragged into this? He made a racial slur against that lovely fella Ashley Cole......

I mean, imagine him & that wanker JT both getting a long ban.

Everyone's a winner
Troll and proud of it.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:52 pm

He was charged by the FA. I imagine there'll be a hearing about that soon. It'll rumble on
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:08 am

Should be an announcement today (I think), about Terry. Looking forward to it in a schadenfreude kinda way.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:50 am

Why the feck has this taken 3 days?

:conf:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:55 am

Why the feck has this taken 11 months?

:conf:
Businesswoman of the year.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:57 am

Legalities. Lawyers demand things take time so that they can bill more.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください