Lets all laugh at Newcastle!!!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Forget laughing at em, leave em behind us. The first game of the season, even without KK, still hurts. Way thing are, they're still in the laughing chair as far as we stand. Let's do something about that, then laugh.
I fail to see how where we are in the table is of any relevance whatsoever when it comes to having a good laugh at the circus that is Newcastle United, Tango. They've just got rid of a moderately successful manager and trumpeted in as the new messiah an absolute cartoon of a man that's failed in every appointment he's had. To hear him having gone from "we're going to win something at this club" to "40 points should keep us up" in a matter of days is, for me, a source of abundant hilarity. Where we are is not the issue for it is not we that are a bunch of deluded knobbers.
Ain't disagreeing and I've done my share of laughing at em Bruce, pxss-taking too. My laughter will be just a bit off-set by the other feelings if they stay up and we get relagated is all.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:37 pm

My best mate up here and I have made a pact that if it comes down to them or us on the last day to have no contact for a week.

If we stay up at their expense though I'll be dancing in the deserted streets.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:44 pm

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Seems funny how the fans seem to blame everything and everybody and still regard Keegan as some sort of Messiah. Just show though, you can't guarantee to win, even with an expensive England striker leading the show.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

spraggy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by spraggy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:26 am

Well Mike, if they carry on playing like that, it might be time to leave the stands and get back to the safety of the director's box. And take that stupid shirt off too!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:42 am

can't find this story anywhere else. Scousers reporting unfounded rumours about other fans? Surely not.

Though Mr Ashley has plenty on his plate with Sports Direct's results on Thursday - he's not as rich as he used to be, his shares are now worth about a third of what they were 12 months ago....
http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sharec ... csi=215818

and this goes to show the level of delusion inside the club....

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newca ... -20580231/

you're in a relegation fight because of Keegan, you fecking drunk. And you're the one constant in the whole big feck up, conincidence? I think not.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:29 am

perhaps the second club within a season where the penny has dropped about Sam and his approach?? :conf:

i'm seriously delighted. i can't repeat enough that i'm glad cos they asked for him, they got him and i hope he takes the feckers down

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:39 am

A side playing with absolutely no confidence whatsoever - as soon as that first goal went in (and how lucky was that?!) they just gave up. They'd been playing largely in their own half for a 0-0 anyway, but you could just see that they had no ideas and no real direction or leadership. Owen was laughably quiet up front; can't remember a single contribution of note in 90 minutes.

I still don't think they'll go down, because Fulham and at least one other side are worse than them, but it could get mighty close if they don't pick up a result in their next few games and one or two of the sides below them scrape some draws/the odd win like Wigan did yesterday.

spraggy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by spraggy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:22 am

This one's good too...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newca ... -20594739/

"KEVIN Keegan has told Newcastle United fans their fortunes can be revived as quickly as they have slumped, but even he does not believe the Magpies can win the Premier League before 2012..........."

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:58 pm

blurred wrote:A side playing with absolutely no confidence whatsoever - as soon as that first goal went in (and how lucky was that?!) they just gave up. They'd been playing largely in their own half for a 0-0 anyway, but you could just see that they had no ideas and no real direction or leadership. Owen was laughably quiet up front; can't remember a single contribution of note in 90 minutes.

I still don't think they'll go down, because Fulham and at least one other side are worse than them, but it could get mighty close if they don't pick up a result in their next few games and one or two of the sides below them scrape some draws/the odd win like Wigan did yesterday.
no wins in 12 says that's true

at this stage of the season it's all down to form and confidence and newcastle have neither

just seen nicky butt in manchester and spontaneously burst out laughing as i saw him

Matty-Sharples
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Matty-Sharples » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:30 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Seems funny how the fans seem to blame everything and everybody and still regard Keegan as some sort of Messiah. Just show though, you can't guarantee to win, even with an expensive England striker leading the show.

After just about 6 weeks I now never hear the term 'King Kev'. funny.
Who goes? You decide!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:00 am

That’s my intention, to turn this club around and give them what they deserve, which is silverware. We nearly did it once. That is still my intention.

Whats that Kev? To nearly win silverware again?

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:23 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
That’s my intention, to turn this club around and give them what they deserve, which is silverware. We nearly did it once. That is still my intention.

Whats that Kev? To nearly win silverware again?

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
i can't blame him for going the easiest route. and by that i mean LDV Vans

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:31 am

Ha

Utter shit.

Ginge, never forget "I'd rather come 2nd playing well, than 1st playing that shite, man" :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:10 am

Batman wrote:Ha

Utter shit.

Ginge, never forget "I'd rather come 2nd playing well, than 1st playing that shite, man" :lol:
IIRC, Geordie-boy got banned for being a knob and coming out with crap like the above. If his details (i.e. his e-mail) are still in the database, could one of the mods reactivate his account and send him an e-mail inviting him back? :mrgreen:

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:45 am

Worthy4England wrote:

Utter shit.

IIRC, Geordie-boy got banned for being a knob and coming out with crap like the above. If his details (i.e. his e-mail) are still in the database, could one of the mods reactivate his account and send him an e-mail inviting him back? :mrgreen:
Let's wait until the end of the season before that, eh?
Not count our chickens, and all...
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:32 am

Puskas wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Utter shit.

Let's wait until the end of the season before that, eh?
Not count our chickens, and all...
Oh I dunno - I can't see them finishing 1st or 2nd...and we were talking about them not us.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:35 am

Anyway; I've just emailed Geordie-boy and asked him to come back and play like you suggested.
For some reason his reply makes me think he's lost his sense of humour. I wonder why that is? :mrgreen:
Businesswoman of the year.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:40 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Anyway; I've just emailed Geordie-boy and asked him to come back and play like you suggested.
For some reason his reply makes me think he's lost his sense of humour. I wonder why that is? :mrgreen:
Dunno - but feel free to post it so we can all have a laugh :-)

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:52 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Anyway; I've just emailed Geordie-boy and asked him to come back and play like you suggested.
Any chance you can share his response with us? I imagine you'll need a few well placed asterisks.

Edit : Send him this link

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/article/578

It turned out be quite prophetic.